Start by marking “Transforming the Difficult Child Workbook: An Interactive Guide to the Nurtured Heart Approach: For Parents, Teachers, Practitioners and All Other Car” as Want to Read:

4.2 of 5 stars 4.20  ·  rating details  ·  56 ratings  ·  8 reviews
This workbook was designed to provide the inspiring opportunity to experience the same exciting experiences of success with your children and transform them to a truly GREAT child.
Published January 1st 2008 by Nurtured Heart Publications

To ask other readers questions about Transforming the Difficult Child Workbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Transforming the Difficult Child Workbook

Shana
This is the new, clearer and better edited version of Glasser & Easely's last book by the same name. Although their "Nurtured Heart Approach" was started as a means of helping challenging children adjust to life with the rest of us, the methods work like a charm with children at all levels of intensity.
I thought this version was truly outstanding. The message is simple, but still profound enough to make changes throughout the family.
Without spilling all the beans, I will say that the ta
Julie
Intuitive and sensible, but something I needed to hear again. Nit-picking the positive rather than the negative; Noticing the good; energizing the desired behavior: whatever you call it, the idea is to shape behavior in a positive and supportive way rather than a domineering and punitive way. Two weeks into this, our 6 year old is reborn. He's brighter, lighter, happier. Funny enough, so am I. Yelling and "correcting" and pointing out mistakes just wears EVERYONE down. We're all more optimistic, ...more
Laura Montane Bailey
Of all the Nurtured Heart Approach books, this is the one I recommend the most often. Most parents can take this book one chapter at a time and learn to apply the approach with even the most difficult children. Even parents who are not into reading can benefit and change the atmosphere of their homes - from chaotic and stressful, to peaceful and loving. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND!
Heather
I am taking this class right now and will go through the workbook on my own. I have seen dramatic changes with my 4 year-old when I remember to implement the principles taught. It's not specific for "difficult children" because, let's be honest, every child is intense in some way and this is a great parenting approach.
D'artagnan
I have a 1-year old and 4-year old, and this book is helping. it also seems to work on adult 4-year olds that present themselves to me daily for experimentation. Glasser has a somewhat preachy & annoying style, but smart and effective content.
Stormy
Apr 25, 2012 Stormy rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone who has a "difficult" child or spouse. =D
Recommended to Stormy by: A Teacher.

This is quite posibly the best ever way to help a difficult kid. It not only transforms the child it transforms the entire family, friends and family who begin to use it.

I read the book in two days then took the course. Outstanding.
Hannah
Finally...a manual for parenting that actually works!! It has opened my eyes to the "new way" of successful parenting.
Maryellen
Dec 15, 2008 Maryellen is currently reading it
A great reference for parents. Practical, step-by-step and with awesome metaphors. Psychoeducational must.
Karen Evans
Karen Evans marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2015
Amanda Maxwell
Amanda Maxwell marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2015
Christopher Drajem
Christopher Drajem marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2015
David Marren
David Marren marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2015
Melissa
Melissa is currently reading it
May 19, 2015
Marie
Marie marked it as to-read
May 19, 2015
Marcia Brandon
Marcia Brandon marked it as to-read
May 15, 2015
Ashley Ray
Ashley Ray marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2015
Melissa Anthony
Melissa Anthony is currently reading it
Apr 09, 2015
Jason
Jason marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2015
Patti
Patti added it
Jan 21, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Transforming the Difficult Child: The Nurtured Heart Approach All Children Flourishing: Igniting the Greatness of Our Children: The Nurtured Heart Approach--A Parenting Paradigm for the New Millennium Notching Up the Nurtured Heart Approach - The New Inner Wealth Initiative for Educators You Are Oprah: Igniting the Fires of Greatness Transforming The Difficult Child: The Nurtured Heart Approach