Start by marking “Transforming the Difficult Child Workbook: An Interactive Guide to the Nurtured Heart Approach: For Parents, Teachers, Practitioners and All Other Caregivers” as Want to Read:

This workbook was designed to provide the inspiring opportunity to experience the same exciting experiences of success with your children and transform them to a truly GREAT child.
Published January 1st 2008 by Nurtured Heart Publications

Shana
Apr 04, 2008 Shana rated it it was amazing
This is the new, clearer and better edited version of Glasser & Easely's last book by the same name. Although their "Nurtured Heart Approach" was started as a means of helping challenging children adjust to life with the rest of us, the methods work like a charm with children at all levels of intensity.
I thought this version was truly outstanding. The message is simple, but still profound enough to make changes throughout the family.
Without spilling all the beans, I will say that the ta
Julie
Jul 08, 2013 Julie rated it it was amazing
Intuitive and sensible, but something I needed to hear again. Nit-picking the positive rather than the negative; Noticing the good; energizing the desired behavior: whatever you call it, the idea is to shape behavior in a positive and supportive way rather than a domineering and punitive way. Two weeks into this, our 6 year old is reborn. He's brighter, lighter, happier. Funny enough, so am I. Yelling and "correcting" and pointing out mistakes just wears EVERYONE down. We're all more optimistic, ...more
Heather
Jun 23, 2013 Heather rated it really liked it
I am taking this class right now and will go through the workbook on my own. I have seen dramatic changes with my 4 year-old when I remember to implement the principles taught. It's not specific for "difficult children" because, let's be honest, every child is intense in some way and this is a great parenting approach.
Laura Montane Bailey
Aug 08, 2013 Laura Montane Bailey rated it it was amazing
Of all the Nurtured Heart Approach books, this is the one I recommend the most often. Most parents can take this book one chapter at a time and learn to apply the approach with even the most difficult children. Even parents who are not into reading can benefit and change the atmosphere of their homes - from chaotic and stressful, to peaceful and loving. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND!
Stormy
Apr 25, 2012 Stormy rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone who has a "difficult" child or spouse. =D
Recommended to Stormy by: A Teacher.

This is quite posibly the best ever way to help a difficult kid. It not only transforms the child it transforms the entire family, friends and family who begin to use it.

I read the book in two days then took the course. Outstanding.
D'artagnan
Feb 16, 2008 D'artagnan rated it really liked it
I have a 1-year old and 4-year old, and this book is helping. it also seems to work on adult 4-year olds that present themselves to me daily for experimentation. Glasser has a somewhat preachy & annoying style, but smart and effective content.
Maryellen
Dec 15, 2008 Maryellen is currently reading it
A great reference for parents. Practical, step-by-step and with awesome metaphors. Psychoeducational must.
Brooklyn Love
Brooklyn Love rated it it was amazing
Feb 15, 2014
Sheri
Sheri rated it really liked it
Nov 19, 2011
laura winn
laura winn rated it really liked it
Jun 05, 2016
Melinda
Melinda rated it really liked it
Apr 09, 2008
pamela frisby
pamela frisby rated it liked it
Mar 24, 2016
Kristi
Kristi rated it liked it
Sep 04, 2013
Lynn Carter
Lynn Carter rated it liked it
May 31, 2016
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Jan 27, 2013
Crse
Crse rated it it was ok
Jul 17, 2015
Holly Jo
Holly Jo rated it really liked it
Sep 14, 2015
allison izzo
allison izzo rated it really liked it
Mar 22, 2015
Kari O'keeffe
Kari O'keeffe rated it really liked it
Aug 20, 2012
Terena
Terena rated it really liked it
Mar 07, 2014
Kellie
Kellie rated it really liked it
Dec 01, 2015
Debbie
Debbie rated it really liked it
Jun 18, 2012
Angela B
Angela B rated it really liked it
Feb 27, 2012
Brean
Brean rated it really liked it
May 25, 2013
Sarah Johnston
Sarah Johnston rated it really liked it
Apr 25, 2014
Linda Albert
Linda Albert rated it it was amazing
Jun 09, 2016
Lora C Chavis
Lora C Chavis rated it it was amazing
Jan 04, 2016
Kelli
Kelli rated it it was amazing
Mar 18, 2013
Marsha
Marsha rated it it was amazing
Jul 17, 2015
Sarah rated it really liked it
Sep 13, 2014