Start by marking “Benjamin Franklin” as Want to Read:
Benjamin Franklin

Benjamin Franklin (DK Biography)

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  33 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Filled with archival photographs and amazing fact boxes, this groundbreaking series introduces young readers to some of history's most interesting and influential characters.

"DK Biography: Benjamin Franklin" tells the story of the famous statesman's remarkable life, from his early childhood and upbringing through his scientific experiments, his politically active years in
Published December 17th 2007 by DK Publishing (Dorling Kindersley)

To ask other readers questions about Benjamin Franklin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Benjamin Franklin

Peter
The main Book Report
Biography, Benjamin Franklin by Stephen Krensky. The author's goal is to tell the story Benjamin
Franklin beginning from when he was born in Boston Massachusetts 1706 and all the thing he did and invented to when he died in 1790.
Janel
I thought I would despise reading this with fourth graders, as the text is very, very complex and the background knowledge required is immense, but it was actually quite an enjoyable read. Made me want to watch 1776 again and sing along with ol Franklin... such a cool guy!
Tavaris Scott
This Book is tremendously good and very supportive on details. I relly enjoyed the book. its nice to know how he was smarter then his older brother ,and has worked in a family business with his father. This book really caputured my attention and gae me a wery good image in my head,certainy when sailed out on his own to Peenslyvania and became a worker for a man that didin't really know about his own business,b?c it connected veery well with the image in my head insted of skipping beats.I really ...more
Amy
This book was a quick read (probably 2 hours total) and very informative. I enjoyed the overview of such a long and full life. It is a book intended for youth, so they left out most of the controversial stuff, I'd like to do some more research on that on my own. I really loved the emphasis on self education. Benjamin Franklin was a working class man who just went out and seized the world through his diligence and hard work.

Some of the modern view of the founding fathers of America is that they w
Takuya Kitaura
DK Biography level unknown
Time 6/6 50 minutes 6/8 30 minutes
7 word summary Benjamin-Boston-copy shop-went-Paris-discovered-a lightning rod
Discussion question
Benjamin tried to do new things such as science. Then he discovered.

Have you ever tried to do anything on your own?

Yes, I have. I often do anything with my friend. However, sometimes I must do anything on my own. I tried to take a official approval on my own. Now I am planning to take German test.

I read biography for the first time. This bo
Vida
The DK Biography series is a treat. I now remember aspects about Ben Franklin's life and background that I had forgotten. I read his biography about 15 years ago, but that is a long time to not read anything about this special man. I remembered how much I admired him and his revolutionary spirit. Stephen Krensky does a fine job sorting through the many significant aspects of Franklin's life. The paintings and photographs of Franklin and his family and authentic relics from his era add depth. I h ...more
Hannah
it was ok it had a lot of war and what happened in his life and there was a ton of war.
I really enjoyed learning about Benjamin Franklin. He was undeterred as he tried new scientific experiments and discoveries and with helping form our nation. He was very down to Earth and realistic about the problems each nation was facing during this period of history. This book didn't explain much about his home life and I would have liked to learn more about that part of his life, however, as far as our country is concerned he was a great leader and I feel indebted to him for his contribution ...more
Marcia First
Genre: Biography

This book gives a good overview of Benjamin Franklin's life. It especially focuses on his strong work ethic and curiousity. He is portrayed as an man of remarkable intellegence who continuously sought to answer the questions he had about the world - a fascinating person. This whetted my appetite for reading more about Benjamin Franklin.
Katieb (MundieMoms)
This is one of those great books that younger kids can read that is full of facts and stories about one of our fonding fore fathers. I've been trying to grow both my collection of books and ones for the kids for when they start reading. I just can't seem to get enough about our fonding forefathers. They're amazing men!
tinabot
This book is great for around 4th grade with teacher guidance and around 5th independent. I like Benjamin Franklin even though he doesn't like Asians ><
Andy Ly
This book is all about Benjamin Franklin, it gives very supportive details and describes how Benjamin work his way as a president!
ashley
i have to read this book for a book report or i wouldn't be reading it.
Kenneth Flusche
excelant elementary school biography
Heather Jones
Heather Jones marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015
Amaryah
Amaryah marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
Cutler
Cutler is currently reading it
Feb 01, 2015
Kaytlin Hoover
Kaytlin Hoover marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Emma
Emma is currently reading it
Aug 23, 2014
Ghala Bouresli
Ghala Bouresli marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2014
Rosa Cline
Rosa Cline marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2014
David Frederick
David Frederick marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »

DK Biography (1 - 10 of 27 books)
  • Gandhi
  • Amelia Earhart
  • Nelson Mandela
  • Mother Teresa
  • George Washington
  • Helen Keller:  A photographic story of a life (DK Biography)
How Santa Got His Job Big Bad Wolves at School The Last Christmas Tree Chaucer's First Winter How Santa Lost His Job