Start by marking “Brimfield Rush: The Thrill of Collecting And the Hunt for the Big Score” as Want to Read:
Brimfield Rush: The Thrill of Collecting And the Hunt for the Big Score
Preview

Brimfield Rush: The Thrill of Collecting And the Hunt for the Big Score

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  14 ratings  ·  3 reviews
A couple trade minor American paintings hunting for their big score in this nonfiction narrative set at the world-famous Brimfield Antique and Collectibles Show.
Published May 1st 2006 by Commonwealth

To ask other readers questions about Brimfield Rush, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Brimfield Rush

Jaye
This book is so much more than the little blurb at the top of the page. It's a teeny teeny tiny blurb.

From the introduction:

"This book follows several dealers and collectors at the Brimfield antiques market, from May 2003 to May 2004. It is not just a tale of some very smart and resourceful buyers and sellers or of their triumphs and failures. It is a story of history, culture, and heritage and how we can rediscover values lost amid the rubble of time."

A treasure of history and information.
And
Bonnie Staughton
I've been to Brimfield, MA twice and this book really gives the "feel" of what it is like to be there. Really enjoyed reading about the "beginnings" of the Brimfield Show and how the show keeps surviving after "gloomy reports" that every year may be the "last" year. The book basically followed the lives of a few dealers and how they "win & lose" when it comes to judging what antiques or paintings are real or "fake". You really have had to "be there" to connect with this book. I've never seen ...more
Kathryn
Confession: my cousin is the author of this book! But that didn't mean I had to like it. But I did, I really did, The framework is the market but the heart is the dealers you get to know.
Cynthia
Cynthia marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2013
Linda
Linda added it
Aug 07, 2013
Renee Thompson
Renee Thompson marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2013
Ann
Ann marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2013
Patty Taber
Patty Taber marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2012
Tara Hixon
Tara Hixon marked it as to-read
May 06, 2012
Kathleen Kent
Kathleen Kent marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2011
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2011
Megan Stembridge
Megan Stembridge marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2011
Bree
Bree marked it as to-read
May 02, 2010
Steven Monrad
Steven Monrad marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2009
Kennethwarrenwilson
Kennethwarrenwilson marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2009
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2008
Carin
Carin marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2008
Covering the Environment: How Journalists Work the Green Beat Covering the Environment: How Journalists Work the Green Beat