Start by marking “The Fantastic Art of Rowena” as Want to Read:
The Fantastic Art of Rowena

The Fantastic Art of Rowena

Published September 15th 1983 by Pocket

To ask other readers questions about The Fantastic Art of Rowena, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Fantastic Art of Rowena

Jim
Apr 25, 2015 Jim rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2non-fiction, 1paper, art
This was good & interesting to read. I don't like her stuff as much as Frazetta's, but she's very good. Each picture has a couple of sentences about it. I appreciate that. It doesn't take long to look through any of these & I always get a kick out of it when I recognize a book cover. It's fun to see what was cut out & to see them in a larger format. I love calendars like this, too.
Alessandra
Aug 15, 2012 Alessandra rated it liked it
Shelves: art, fantasy-art, painting
This book rocked my world when I first laid hands on it. Up until then, although I was doing art all the time (in whatever free time I had from the academics I was urged were the only thing worth doing), it had not occurred to me that art was a viable career, certainly not for a woman.

I had been aware of the art world since birth, but to me the art world was men who had themselves nailed to Volkswagens or men who painted giant trapezoids of canvas a single color or men who made angry, shapeless
Jean
Jun 14, 2015 Jean rated it it was amazing
This is an early collection of Rowena Morrill's work. She had yet to win the British Fantasy Award for her illustrations. In some ways her depiction of the human form remind me of Boris Vallejo. She really excels in depicting textures. The clothes that she paints look like fabric you want to touch to see if it is as soft and silky as it appears. There is a reason I have kept this book for over 30 years -- I love it.
MB Taylor
May 26, 2012 MB Taylor rated it it was ok
Most of the paintings reproduced in this book don't do a lot for me; but I love "The Devil Wives of Li Fong" (next to last painting in the book). That cover helped convince me to buy the paperback by E. Hoffman Price.
Gerri
Gerri rated it it was ok
Oct 03, 2013
Evelyn Vasquez
Evelyn Vasquez rated it it was amazing
Sep 04, 2011
John W
John W rated it really liked it
Jan 29, 2012
Jeannette
Jeannette rated it really liked it
May 29, 2015
Al
Al rated it really liked it
Sep 10, 2015
Steve Martinson
Steve Martinson rated it really liked it
Mar 17, 2016
Ben
Ben rated it really liked it
May 18, 2012
Jason Chambers
Jason Chambers rated it liked it
Feb 28, 2011
Keith
Keith rated it it was amazing
Apr 15, 2008
Susan
Susan rated it it was amazing
Oct 23, 2008
Loederkoningin
Loederkoningin marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2011
Gene
Gene marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2012
Walter
Walter added it
Dec 20, 2013
Daniel Marcantonio
Daniel Marcantonio marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2014
Richard Greenawalt
Richard Greenawalt marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2015
Charles Wade
Charles Wade marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2016
David Brown
David Brown marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2016