Start by marking “What If . . . All the Rumors Were True” as Want to Read:
What If . . . All the Rumors Were True

What If . . . All the Rumors Were True (What If...)

3.43  ·  Rating Details  ·  260 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
After a year at Hillsdale High, Haley thinks she knows what she’s in for as she starts her junior year. She knows what to expect from the it girls, the brains, the rockers, and the artists. She knows how to handle drunken disasters, shoplifting scandals, IM warfare, and out-of-control false rumors. But none of the lessons learned during her sophomore year can prepare her f ...more
Published July 8th 2008 by Delacorte Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about What If . . . All the Rumors Were True, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What If . . . All the Rumors Were True

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie PerkinsBeautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuirePerfect Chemistry by Simone ElkelesCan You Keep a Secret? by Sophie KinsellaIf I Stay by Gayle Forman
Best Chick-Lit I've Ever Read
393rd out of 1,249 books — 2,409 voters
Hush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickBeautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireObsidian by Jennifer L. ArmentroutPerfect Chemistry by Simone ElkelesCity of Bones by Cassandra Clare
Best teen couples
128th out of 332 books — 159 voters

More lists with this book...

Brandee Dolgin
Jun 28, 2016 Brandee Dolgin rated it it was ok
I was a bit hesitant to read this book at first - I am not the best at making decisions. But I was interested in reading something where there were so many different ways that the story could go and end up and it was all up to the reader. Overall, I enjoyed this book but I felt as though there were some turns that were disappointing or didn't make sense. For instance, there is one chapter where you decide if the main character joins soccer, the debate team, or tries out for the play. I chose for ...more
Nina
Dec 19, 2010 Nina rated it it was ok

Remember the time when you used to horde those Goosebumps Choose Your Own Adventure books? Well, this one's a Choose-Your-Destiny book. TM.

This is the last book in the What If... series of choose-your-own-destinies by Liz Ruckdeschel and Sara James, and stars a girl named Haley. After a year in Hillsdale High, she thinks she has finally conquered her new school, now a Junior, she is in a rush to fill her college application with interesting activities, like her other classmates. But along with t
Harley (bookeuphoria)
It's been a while since I've read one of these "choose your own destiny" books but I enjoy them. I just like how you choose the characters path, how you can make or break them. I did get her to end up with the romantic interest I wanted (not the one I started out with, but not complaining cause option b was better), although it was odd cause like two chapters before I had her making out with some other guy, whoops. We're jut gonna pretend that didn't happen.
Michelle Arrow
Apr 27, 2013 Michelle Arrow rated it really liked it
What If... All the Rumors Were True was just the other novels, great!

Rumors and gossip. Every teenager in Hillsdale, New Jersey has to find out who's with who, or who did what with who. Haley is one of them. But, what if one of those rumors were about her?

What can I say, choosing Haley's life story, next exciting thing for her to do is fun! I adore Reese, the smart, popular guy, and always try to make Haley do something with him. I find myself sticking away from the nerds and art geeks,
Hope Faith
May 06, 2016 Hope Faith rated it liked it
This was a cute little book, nothing more and nothing less.

Nothing was really that fleshed out given the nature of the book, I think that a few of the scenarios would have made pretty good standalone novels actually!
Megan Whitworth
Jan 11, 2014 Megan Whitworth rated it did not like it
Shelves: rubbish, 2014
This book is quite possibly the most terrible book I have read in a long time. The characters, including the main one, have no depth whatsoever and every conflict introduced was never resolved. I only read it because it's meant to be "Choose your own adventure" and I used to love the Goosebumps choose your own adventures, but this just had no redeeming qualities. It's hard to believe that this trash even got published.
Lindsey
Jul 03, 2015 Lindsey rated it liked it
It was pretty good. I liked the chose your own destiny. Not everything seemed realistic. Some parts also didn't match up with what was going on.
Rea
Aug 17, 2015 Rea rated it it was ok
I've read the first three books of this and after I read the path I was on, I read through every other path in the book. I haven't done that with this one yet though…
Sabrina
Aug 17, 2010 Sabrina rated it it was ok
I am glad that Haley finally found someone to like her back without her having to change. No more Reese who is on/off. But I am uncertain about my liking to the other storyline this book takes. I have read it 3 times to get different results and ended up only liking one. Some chapters supposdly connect with eacother but then have absolutly nothing in common. Reminded me too much of the first book.
Rena
Apr 19, 2012 Rena rated it it was ok
It was okay, but I really only read the part of the story that was really safe choices. I did not enjoy reading through it, and I was just bored at a library. You get to choose your own story, but this one is not as good as some of the others I have read.
Alexandra707
Aug 17, 2010 Alexandra707 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: Rumor lovers/ Gossip Girls
Recommended to Alexandra707 by: Noone...
The book, "What if... All the Rumors Were True" was not the best book I have read because the topic of this book is Rumors and even though I like that topic... I didn't find that interesting, all though I did manage to finish it. :)
Alicia
Oct 18, 2008 Alicia rated it did not like it
Awful book.

Half of the chapters have absolutely nothing to do with what you were reading before. New characters that were never introduced.

It makes no sense, and was a bland,confusing read.
Alexis
Jun 02, 2016 Alexis rated it liked it
I really like these books(: The writing kind of jumps from one thing to another really quickly but it kind of has to. All in all I like the idea of a choose your own destiny book.
Leonie
Mar 01, 2013 Leonie rated it it was amazing
It's fun because I read it twice with two totally different endings! :D
Ashley Orozco
Nov 04, 2009 Ashley Orozco rated it really liked it
Its an awesome book.
Meaghan Mallia
Jul 07, 2010 Meaghan Mallia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
good series
Jboucher333
Jboucher333 marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2016
Mallory Morris
Mallory Morris marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2016
Victoria Owens
Victoria Owens rated it really liked it
Jun 28, 2016
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2016
Zivana
Zivana marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2016
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2016
Jada
Jada rated it liked it
May 31, 2016
Jenni
Jenni marked it as to-read
May 30, 2016
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
May 16, 2016
M3r
M3r added it
May 15, 2016
Kade Price
Kade Price marked it as to-read
May 01, 2016
Ashlee
Ashlee marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2016
Kristen
Kristen marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2016
  • Take It Off (Insiders, #3)
  • Head Games
  • Gucci Girls (Project Fashion)
  • Toby Wheeler: Eighth-Grade Benchwarmer
  • Con-Fidence
  • All Q, No A: More Tales of a 10th-Grade Social Climber
  • Junebug
  • The Isabel Factor
  • Home of the Braves
  • 7 Kinds of Ordinary Catastrophes (Gert Garibaldi's Rants and Raves, #2)
  • The Brothers Torres
  • Ice Drift
  • Paisley Hanover Kisses and Tells
  • Likely Story (Likely Story, #1)
  • Never Too Late
  • Hero
  • The Center of the Universe: Yep, That Would Be Me
  • I Thought We Were Friends! (How I Survived Middle School, #13)

What If... (8 books)
  • What If . . . Everyone Knew Your Name (What If...)
  • What If . . . All the Boys Wanted You