Start by marking “Della's Web: The Many Husbands of a Suburban Black Widow” as Want to Read:
Della's Web: The Many Husbands of a Suburban Black Widow

Della's Web: The Many Husbands of a Suburban Black Widow

NEW EPUB FILE UPLOADED APRIL 9, 2015

Cincinnati heart surgeon Darryl Sutorious was spellbound, convinced he'd found the perfect wife. With bewitching hazel eyes and exquisite clothes, Dante Britteon seemed to have stepped straight out of Vogue and into his arms. But their honeymoon didn't last long. Beneath Dante's china-doll facade lured a sceretive, dangerous woman, a ma
Published March 9th 2015 by Crime Rant Classics (first published April 30th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Della's Web, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Della's Web

♥ Marlene♥
Instead of writing a review I think I'll use my updates. They say it all.

"Very confusingly written, lots of jumping around but I want to know more so I will keep at it." 2 comments
12/28/2015
44.0% "Aargh this is so annoying. Nearly half of the book done and the only thing I've read is what others think of Dante. I think I am going to speed read this, something I hardly ever do."

Okay to explain why I did not like this book.
The author thinks her readers are dumb and cannot think for themselves. Sh
Alison
Aug 12, 2015 Alison rated it it was ok
Interesting story, awful copy editing

If you can make it through the countless typos, this is an interesting profile of an evil woman. Jones did a good job recounting the trial and interviewing some of the many unfortunate enough to cross this murderer's path. But the lack of a copy editor is more than a distraction; it truly detracts from this book. If I was Jones, I'd demand the publisher fix it ASAP.
Jane
Oct 16, 2010 Jane rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: true-crime
Jones always finds fascinating cases, but the writing is sloppy. Her books lack polish and she rambles.
Megan
Apr 17, 2016 Megan rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The writing style of this book is not very good. Chapters start and end abruptly, and are far too short. There's no reason to have 90 chapters, especially when the chapter division seem so random. Jones tries to craft a gripping, coherent narrative out of rumor, innuendo, and gossip, but comes up short. She doesn't seem to have the writing chops to pull off a strong story from vagueness. Indeed, the writing actually improves near the end, when Jones finally begins talking about the trial. I ...more
Ietrio
May 13, 2016 Ietrio rated it did not like it
Shelves: junk
Character assassination for a quick and dirty buck.

A poor quality writer writing sensationalist texts seems to be employed by some people who equate their loss of money or whatever with the death of a person. So anything goes for demonizing a person. This way you can find intimate moments with no living witnesses just like in a cheap romance. Simply put a good resolution camera could have not captured the god-like eye of the delusional author.
Dorrie
Aug 21, 2015 Dorrie rated it it was amazing
Great Read

I chose this book, in part because it's written by Aphrodite Jones. I love her show and wanted to see if she is as good a writer as she is at telling the stories on her show. I discovered she is!
The other reason I wanted to read this one was the actual story. Excellent story and written in a way that is simple to follow yet keeps you interested and entertained.
Susan
Jul 28, 2011 Susan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: any true crime lovers
Recommended to Susan by: Evelyn F.
I read this b/c one of the inspectors who works for me was involved in investigating this case. I was not living in Cincinnati during this time period, but all the locations are familiar, places I know of or have been to. Weird. Hard to believe she caught so many men in her web--if even half the stories are true, she's completely insane and downright creepy. Glad she is in prison!
Julie Copp
May 11, 2015 Julie Copp rated it liked it
Scary Stuff

Ms Jones reporting of this crime provides great entertainment but the poor editing in Della's Web reduced the stars I wanted to give this book. Good writing - poor editing for spelling errors.
Amy
Jan 07, 2013 Amy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This story initially intrigued me because it was an acquaintance's family, however this book wasn't well-written and rather uninteresting. The author added very little substance to what could have been read in the newspaper.
Eric Simmons
Jun 03, 2015 Eric Simmons rated it liked it
It's good

Different from other book of type. You get a lot of suppositions and backstory. And I'm still left wondering who killed the old lady.

Karin Coppernoll
A so-so retelling of the true story of a woman who murdered her husband and manipulated many more men.
Aidina Ousley
May 17, 2015 Aidina Ousley is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Someone gave me this book claiming it was great to read. But so far I'm bored ,but I am only on chapter three so maybe it will get better.
Angela
Nov 21, 2009 Angela rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

well it seems like she is kind of annoying with all the me me me
talk but besides that it's a pretty good book
Indra
Aug 08, 2010 Indra rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: true-crime
Eh. Just okay. Researched and written well enough, but the killer was so evil she almost seemed like a cartoon after awhile.
Jeanette
Jul 12, 2016 Jeanette rated it really liked it
I found this after watching a night time crime show. Very in depth story about the murderer Della Sutorius.
Julie
Julie rated it liked it
Oct 18, 2014
Amy
Amy rated it liked it
Nov 13, 2011
Debbie
Debbie rated it liked it
Apr 07, 2011
Lindsay Frahn
Lindsay Frahn rated it it was amazing
Oct 27, 2015
Sheila
Sheila rated it it was ok
Aug 22, 2012
Judy
Judy rated it really liked it
Feb 13, 2016
TravelJunkie
TravelJunkie rated it really liked it
Feb 14, 2014
Jen
Jen rated it it was ok
Aug 10, 2011
D. Oglesby
D. Oglesby rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2015
Nicolaas Van_le_koe
Nicolaas Van_le_koe rated it it was amazing
Mar 31, 2012
Kristin Anderson
Kristin Anderson rated it really liked it
Aug 08, 2015
Cathie
Cathie rated it liked it
Jul 03, 2015
Doug Hart
Doug Hart rated it liked it
Oct 02, 2015
Arlyn
Arlyn rated it did not like it
Aug 10, 2012
Michial Anderson
Oct 02, 2015 Michial Anderson rated it liked it
It had so many grammatical and spelling errors it was all I could do just to finish it
  • Every Woman's Nightmare: The Fairytale Marriage and Brutal Murder of Lori Hacking
  • Safe Harbor: A Murder in Nantucket
  • Blood Justice: The True Story of Multiple Murder and a Family's Revenge
  • Dismembered
  • Poisoned Love
  • The Dating Game Killer: The True Story of a TV Dating Show, a Violent Sociopath, and a Series of Brutal Murders
  • House of Evil
  • Cries in the Desert
  • Wasted
  • Lobster Boy: The Bizarre Life and Brutal Death of Grady Stiles Jr.
  • Beyond Evil: Inside the Twisted Mind of Ian Huntley
  • Secrets Can Be Murder: What America's Most Sensational Crimes Tell Us about Ourselves
  • Death Trap
  • The Pastor's Wife
  • The Sleeping Lady: The Trailside Murders Above the Golden Gate
  • Cold Storage
  • Evidence of Love
  • I Would Find a Girl Walking
Aphrodite Jones is an award-winning American reporter and author who writes about murder. Her knack for detail allows her to dissect bizarre murder cases and bring readers into the heart of darkness. Now, the author has taken her career to TV as the executive producer and TV host of the ID series, True Crime with Aphrodite Jones, which airs on Investigation Discovery.
Jones is now filming her sixt
More about Aphrodite Jones...