Start by marking “Secrets Of The Heart (Aincourt's Hearts, #3)” as Want to Read:
Secrets Of The Heart (Aincourt's Hearts, #3)

Secrets Of The Heart (Aincourt's Hearts #3)

On the surface, Michael Trent, the Earl of Westhampton, seems cold, enigmatic and bookish -- particularly to his wife, Rachel, who was forced into their marriage. Yet underneath Michael's quiet facade is a man who thrives on danger and intrigue, a daring secret agent who's working on one of London's toughest cases. And when Rachel becomes embroiled in the case, this master ...more
Published February 1st 2003 by Mira Books

To ask other readers questions about Secrets Of The Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secrets Of The Heart

Nia
Jul 08, 2012 Nia rated it it was amazing
I started this trilogy thinking "Wow, this isn't impressive at all.". The second book was better but 'not by much'. The third book however was the true gem of the series and it teaches me that in books that come in series, sometimes you just have to stick with it because you may just uncover something you will like.

I felt more for these two then I did for alot of various heros and heroines along the way. It was nice to get away from the 'brooding hero' sterotype that most regencies/historical se
RomReader❤️Spoiler Giver❤️
Beautiful virgin wife of 7 years longs for a normal marriage & chance to have a family with her quiet & formal husband. But she thought he stopped loving her when he caught her about to elope with her 1st love 2 days before their own wedding. She feels hopeless that her husband would love her again. When her former 1st love comes to her for help re: his ex-wife's mysterious death, she meets a rough-&-tumble man claiming to be her husband's half-brother who helps her with her investig ...more
Maria_Love_For_Books
Jan 16, 2017 Maria_Love_For_Books rated it really liked it
I wanted to read the story of Rachel and Michael since I read the first book in this trilogy and I have to admit that it was worth waiting! I liked them very much, although sometimes both of them were too stubborn but the chemistry between them is great!
The plot was very good and the characters (faults and all!) were likeable! What I didn't really like was the hasty ending because I wanted to learn more about their future together!
ChloeLeeNH
Sep 30, 2008 ChloeLeeNH rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Regency Era Mystery fans
The relationship between h/h was very detailed and very frustrating... how they can't communicate and things in the past make it hard to move forward... but I like how a second "character" comes in and makes it what it should be. The mystery was a good bonding tool as well in the whole relationship. Another strong novel!

Adriana Fogaça
Jul 09, 2013 Adriana Fogaça rated it it was amazing
Trilogia dos Aincourt 03
A Casa das Máscaras
Candace Camp
H.R.R.Histórico 11
2012

Na minha humilde opinião, este último livro da trilogia Aincourt é o melhor romance. Não só pelo casal fascinante, mas pela trama num todo, onde se encontraram muitos mistérios e intrigas. Sem dúvida podemos classificá-lo como um excelente romance policial.

A princípio estão cegos com suas respectivas paixões que nem percebem nada que está acontecendo ao redor, nada além do que há na superfície. Michael está apaixonado p
Coral
Nov 29, 2016 Coral rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook, bought
This book took forever to get going. The first half was basically backstory that in the end really didn't matter that much. Then for the heroine to fall for the hero's disguise. Duh.
The second half improved, but not enough to make up for the mega exposition dump and extreme naïveté of the heroine.
Paula
Dec 23, 2016 Paula rated it it was amazing
Amei.
Tonileg
Historical English romance with the marry-then-fall-in-love scenario so Lady Rachel, is the wife of Michael Trent, the Earl of Westhampton lives the life of the wealthy ton high society, so of course she doesn't romantically love her husband. She knows that she messed it up from literally the first day because she had tried to run and elope with someone else, only to be handed back by her own father. From a distance the Westhamptons seem to have the perfect relationship, but they have never shar ...more
Gerrie
May 20, 2012 Gerrie rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book very much. While it could probably be read as a stand alone, I felt that I already knew a lot about the H and h from the two earlier books in the trilogy. In all three books, Michael and Rachel are drawn as likable, sympathetic characters - warm, intelligent, and very vulnerable - locked in a marriage-in-name-only. So when this book started I already had very positive feelings about them and was looking forward to their story. I greatly enjoyed the first half of the book, bec ...more
Patricia Solla
Apr 23, 2012 Patricia Solla rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own, pbs
This historical novel shows the British upper class in its most pompous belief in the class system set by royality. Marriages were made to continue a line, shore up the finances of the titled gentleman and so on an so fourth. Love is seldom the main reason for marriage between two people. We see in this story that a young woman believes herself in love with one man marrying a titled gentleman to save him from being disgraced because of her actions. She realizes that while she doesn't think she c ...more
Joy
Aug 12, 2012 Joy rated it liked it
I'd give it a two and half if I could.

It dragged in places evidenced by some skimming on my part. If you can get past the seven years and ignore the premise that a wife doesn’t know her own husband even in disguise, true they've never had their wedding night in fact they've done no more than buff cheeks and they're spent much of that seven years apart...it might just be believable...and if you're a teenie weenie bit tired of the alpha male stereotype so prevalent then this book is a sweet in-bet
Lauren
May 05, 2014 Lauren rated it really liked it
Rachael Westhampton never thought her husband Michael loved her, she only though he married her to avoid scandal. Now for seven long years they have been living separate lives being married to one another but never really knowing each other. Little did Rachael know that wasn't the reason Michael married her at all.

I was waiting for Rachael's story. I loved getting to see Michael and Rachael interact with one another in the second book. You knew right then, as did everyone else, that Michael real
violinp
Sep 10, 2012 violinp rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
I wanted to like this one. Really, I did. I loved So Wild a Heart, the first in the trilogy. The Hidden Heart was...less impressive, but had an interesting enough mystery to keep me entertained. This, however...

Okay, if you have your character pretend to be his own half - brother so he can seduce his wife, it's perfectly okay for her to be mad that he deceived her. If I were Rachel, I'd have seriously considered taking a frying pan to my husband's head, if not just leaving him. That level of dec
CriCra CriCra
Jun 03, 2012 CriCra CriCra rated it really liked it
Shelves: prestito
III° Libro - I segreti del cuore

E con questo capitolo si conclude la Trilogia degli Aincourt con la storia d'amore tra Lord Michael Westhampton e la moglie Lady Rachel Aincourt. Un amore che dopo sette anni di un matrimonio di sola facciata apparente, si tinge di intrighi, sospetti e delitti che porteranno la dolcissima Rachel a scoprire la doppia vita di suo marito Michael, un còmpito e calmo gentiluomo dedito al suo lavoro, le sue ricerche e ai suoi studi, mentre la verità nasconde un uomo avv
willaful
May 16, 2010 willaful rated it really liked it
I liked this trouble marriage story when I first read it, but couldn't decide whether to keep it or not. I decided I'd wait to decide until after reading the entire series. Ironically enough, I couldn't get through either book 1 or book 2--but after rereading this, I still really like it. The mystery is kind of dumb, but most of the book's attention is on the romance between two highly honorable and deeply frustrated people. It just really works for me.
Lainey24
Jul 15, 2013 Lainey24 rated it really liked it
Rachel and Michael are both oblivious to each other's feelings except their own assumptions which is heavily influenced by an unfortunate incident before they were wed.

All those years, they remained faithful to each other but never really succumbing to the marriage bed. They are married in name only but both secretly loved each other.

Denise
Mar 16, 2011 Denise rated it liked it
While I loved the series, and Rachel and Michael were great characters, there was just too much back story. I was also dissapointed that there was no epiloge, I would have loved to have seen all three couples together one last time. Some things felt unresolved with minor characters, such as the Veseys.
Anna
Jul 15, 2014 Anna rated it liked it
Shelves: sweet-nothings
This is the story of an unhappy marriage. A series of misunderstandings during their courtship, leads to a marriage of separate lives with arranged meetings for family or events. An unexpected change in schedule leads to mistaken identities and a very secret life being lead by one of the characters.
DA4Pups
If reading as a standalone, you would miss other interactions between the two main characters that occur in the other 2 books in this series. So Wild A Heart is my favorite of the 3 but this one adds a twist with a slow-build relationship and some pent up emotions. 4 stars.
Karen Wilson
Apr 24, 2013 Karen Wilson rated it it was ok
More of a mystery novel than a love story. It started fairly well and I was hopeful but it got embroiled in the mystery investigation too much. Also, I found it way way to wordy with musings by the characters.
Ashley
Jan 13, 2011 Ashley rated it liked it
This book was meh... I actually read it a while ago (and forgot to review). Since I don't really remember that much about, I can only assume it wasn't anything to really write home about. Probably wouldn't read it again.
Monica
Oct 04, 2014 Monica rated it it was amazing
Love this book, especially the hero. Gosh how he loved the heroine all those years. So sweet. I don't have plan to read book 1 or 2, and probably never will. Though couples from book 1 and 2 were mentioned, but this can be read as a standalone.
Cordelia Blake
May 07, 2012 Cordelia Blake rated it it was ok
The third in a trilogy this book was boring. I only got through it by skipping a lot of pages that were primarily about the main characters thinking stuff. I did enjoy the happy conclusion but it was tedious to get there.
Frances
Apr 21, 2013 Frances rated it it was ok
Secrets

This was not a bad book rather it was a boring book. The Mastermind and criminal of the piece was obvious from the first mention of him. The characters and dialogue were shallow and uninteresting.
Nikki
Jun 06, 2016 Nikki rated it did not like it
A bit boring considering the mystery and the adventure involved. The heroine was so bleh, everyone was soooo in love with her for no reason! She believed a silly lie for much too long and the Hero didn't seem like he would go out and be Sherlock! Good idea bad execution
Nancy
Oct 12, 2013 Nancy rated it it was ok
So disappointed in the book as I was so interested in Michael and Rachel story after reading the first two books in the series. The Michael, James and Rachel triangle was unnecessary, and the HEA with Michael is not convincing. Overall, very unsatisfactory finish to the series.
Kelli
May 29, 2012 Kelli rated it really liked it
The conversation flow was a little silly and tend to run on, but a nice romance read.
Sissy Lopez
Definitely not my favorite. There was very little meaningful dialog between Rachel and Micheal. I was frustated by the addition of James and the mystery aspect had me confused.
 ᴍɪᴄs ✖amante de los spoilers✖
Muy mal. No cumple lo que promete. La sinopsis dice una cosa y el libro nada que ver. Me siento estafada.
Thea
Jun 23, 2012 Thea rated it liked it
7 years of being married and not consumating their marriage is quite absurd..
  • By Love Undone (Bancroft Brothers, #1)
  • His Secret Duchess
  • The Conqueror's Lady  (The Knights of Brittany, #2)
  • Lady Be Bad (Merry Widows, #3)
  • The Love Affair of an English Lord (Boscastle, #2)
  • The Shy Duchess
  • The Spy (Liar's Club #3)
  • For All The Right Reasons (Mackinnon, #2)
  • Only a Duke Will Do (School for Heiresses, #2)
  • Seduced by Her Highland Warrior (MacKinloch Clan, #2)
  • Lost in Your Arms (Governess Brides, #6)
  • The Rake and the Wallflower
  • Deadly Kisses (Francesca Cahill Deadly, #8)
  • The Shocking Lord Standon (Scandalous Ravenhursts, #3)
  • The Passion (Notorious, #2)
  • The Earl's Dilemma
Candace Camp is the New York Times bestselling author of over sixty books.

Her first novel, *Bonds of Love*, was published by Jove Publishing in 1978, under the pseudonym Lisa Gregory. Two pseudonyms (Kristin James and Sharon Stephens)and many books later, Candace writes under her own name Candace Camp and still loves creating stories.

Candace lives in Austin, Texas, with her husband and is the mot
More about Candace Camp...

Aincourt's Hearts (3 books)
  • So Wild A Heart (Aincourt's Hearts, #1)
  • The Hidden Heart (Aincourt's Hearts, #2)