The Dead, the Doomed, and the Buried (History Channel: History's Mysteries)

The Dead, the Doomed, and the Buried (History Channel: History's Mysteries)

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  10 ratings  ·  2 reviews
Packed with quizzes, photos, and bone-chilling facts, this creepy chronicle investigates people and places doomed to disaster. 8-page full-color insert.
Published January 1st 2004 by Scholastic Paperbacks

April
If you like stories of the strange and unusual because you, yourself, might be strange and unusual, you'll like this book.

Most of the information was not new to me, since I fall into the category mentioned above, but it's interesting nonetheless. The cliff mummies of Peru, the history of funeral customs, the Tower of London, the Titanic's sister ships, Victorian bodysnatchers--all my favorite dinnertime topics!

Sure, it's written for 10-year-olds, but that doesn't make it any less enjoyable.

Look,...more
Amanda
This book was very interesting. I liked learning some of the history on the tower of London and the Titanic.

This book is really intresting. (If you like history)

I liked this book.I really like the stories in this book. I think all older kids (middle school) would like this book. This book is a quick read and quite intresting. (Even if it is history.) That may be becaue I love history. So if you like short true mystery stoires read this book.
Danelex
Danelex marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2013
Jessalyn Sommer
Jessalyn Sommer marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2013
Kirsten Paddick-murray
Kirsten Paddick-murray marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2013
Jacquelyn
Jacquelyn marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2013
PurplyCookie
PurplyCookie marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2009
Perry
Perry added it
Sep 06, 2008
21970
Jane B. Mason grew up in a large family in northern Minnesota. She has written books for kids of all ages under many names and on many subjects, among them ghosts, Jedi, detective duos, princesses, twins, mean girls, and slam books.

Jane has lived in the midwest and on both coasts, but appears to have settled in Oakland, California, and writes almost every day at either a friend's dining room tabl...more
More about Jane B. Mason...
The Sister Switch (Candy Apple #11) Now You See Me ... (Poison Apple #4) If the Shoe Fits (The Princess School, #1) Who's The Fairest? Rumor Has It (Candy Apple #22)