Start by marking “Spring Is Here/Llego La Primavera” as Want to Read:
Spring Is Here/Llego La Primavera

Spring Is Here/Llego La Primavera

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  169 ratings  ·  28 reviews
"Spring is here. / The snow melts. / The earth is fresh. / The grass sprouts." Taro Gomi's picture book about the change of seasons couldn't be simpler. The first spread shows a white calf against a hot-pink background. "Spring is here," it says. In the next spread "the snow melts." And indeed, the once snow-white calf is now spotted black and white! Gomi walks toddlers th ...more
Hardcover
Published March 1st 2006 by Turtleback Books (first published 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Spring Is Here/Llego La Primavera, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spring Is Here/Llego La Primavera

QueenAmidala28
I love Ms Gomi's books because she puts the English translation on the opposite page so that you have time to think in Spanish before checking yourself. Yes it is a kids book but it's great for adult Spanish learners.
Erin Lynn
I really liked how it started with the season of spring and then went through the year to show spring again. It was cute.
Mary Wirt
This book is weird. I don't think I liked it.
Danielle
Smart and graphic and lovely.
Mike Spinak
In those early-reader, cardboard book days, small children often want you to read the same books to them over and over, and over again. This book was a favorite for Miss B. It was also a favorite for me to re-share with her; it never grew old. The pictures are lovely and imaginative, and the strange little "story" clever, fun, and imaginative. Meanwhile, in its own way, it helps kids start to understand the ideas of changing seasons and life cycles.
Bree
Baby board book. My 9month old giggled and tried eating it. It is our start into the world of books! Cute little board book.
Joanna
This super simple book really grabbed my son's attention. I'm thinking alot of the books about seasons over do it. This was simple and let his mind do the rest. The science link at the end is an extra bonus. I feel this book has helped my son grasp the concept of seasons. This is fairly substantial because we live near the ecuator and do not have traditional seasons.
Jessica Allen
This book is not only great to read during the spring time, but it showcases all the seasons. It is a great book to use to initiate class discussion about the 4 seasons. Children can discuss how the weather changes during each season. Also, it is a bilingual book which is useful for children who speak Spanish or are learning Spanish.
Elizabeth K.
This book was great for both Lucy at 2, and me. It's genuinely artistic in a way that I find enjoyable, and also holds Lucy's interest. A lot of times those two things don't really connect -- there are a lot of books that I'll find very aesthetically pleasing that Lu could care less about.
Katie Lee
This is a very basic book about what happens during the different seasons. Flowers, wind, and harvests are all mentioned throughout the book. This would be a good introductory book for kids who are learning the basic concepts of books, such as directionality.
Lindsay
I love Taro Gomi! I used this bilingual book for Spanish and bilingual story time programs about spring/growing things. The simple text is illustrated with cute drawings showing the change of seasons --and growth of a baby cow--very well.
Khinna
Mar 12, 2008 Khinna rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: ages 4-8
Shelves: children
Simplistic and bold pictures lead babies and toddlers on a fun trip through the four seasons. This book reveals and let children use their imaginations to discover their environments, and discover the beauty of the seasons.
Deb
Bright color, bold illustration, nice transition from calf to land in spring, and land to calf as snow melts the next spring. Simple declarative sentences to tell the story over the year. The baby is fascinated with this one.
Natalie
So Spring dominates the first half of the book, we skip Summer, and there's a one page Fall. And then 4 pages of Winter. And boom, it's Spring again. It doesn't really make sense. Don't be fooled by the cute calf on the cover. :)
Kristine Pratt
Creative way to introduce the concept of changing seasons. Kind of strange, yet whimsical. I paused to enjoy the art which is something that doesn't happen often with board books. I liked it.
Cara Farmer
This book is a good illustration of the seasons. I thought it was a nice touch that it showed a baby calf and at the end it says, " calf has grown" to show that a whole year has passed.
Stephanie
What a beautiful little board book about the passing of the seasons! Simple text and sweet and simple illustrations make this a great board book in my opinion!
Katie Scherrer
Lovely, gentle bilingual story which takes young children through the progression of the seasons with big, bright illustrations.
Betsy
Sep 25, 2007 Betsy rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: birth-toddlers
My 5 month old twins and 23 month old daughter all sit enthralled for multiple readings in a row. That makes it a winner in my book!
Abby
It's really cool because the cow's fur turns into dirt and the lamb's fur turns into snow. It's really, really cool.
Yu
my son likes this book. he giggles when I read to the last page.
Teri
Nice illustrations and my girls both like to hear it in Spanish and read it in English to me.
Sophie Landrum
Such a gorgeous book. Really abstract but Sophie loves it nonetheless.
Gail
I love the illustrations. I'd buy this for a kid under three.
Lonnlitchfield
My top board book. Elegant and balanced.
Tanya W
cute pictures, like english spanish side by side
Jenny Hobson
A favorite in this family. Great bedtime reading.
  • A Hat for Minerva Louise
  • The Little Red Hen Big Book
  • If I Had a Dragon
  • Nest
  • The Animal Boogie PB w CD (Sing Along With Fred Penner)
  • Growing Vegetable Soup
  • Here's a Little Poem: A Very First Book of Poetry
  • Tap the Magic Tree
  • Everything I Need to Know Before I'm Five
  • The Cazuela That the Farm Maiden Stirred
Taro Gomi is a major children’s illustrator and writer. He has more than 400 book titles to his credit. His work has been widely translated into 15 other languages.

Tarō was born in Tokyo and he graduated from ID department, Kuwazawa Design Institute. His readers range from babies to adults, with an equal number of fans overseas. His work has been appreciated considerably with both domestic and int
More about Taro Gomi...
Everyone Poops My Friends/Mis Amigos Scribbles: A Really Giant Drawing and Coloring Book Doodles: A Really Giant Coloring and Doodling Book Bus Stops