Start by marking “Liberalism is a Mental Disorder” as Want to Read:
Liberalism is a Mental Disorder

Liberalism is a Mental Disorder

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  453 ratings  ·  31 reviews
"Liberalism Is a Mental Disorder-"

Michael Savage has the cure.

With grit, guts, and gusto, talk radio sensation Michael Savage leaves no political turn unstoned as he savages today's most rabid liberalism. In this paperback edition of his third "New York Times" bestseller, Savage strikes at the root of today's most pressing issues, including:

Homeland security: "We need more
Published March 7th 2006 by Nelson Current (first published April 12th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Liberalism is a Mental Disorder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Liberalism is a Mental Disorder

Godless by Ann CoulterGuilty by Ann CoulterDianetics by L. Ron HubbardTwilight by Stephenie MeyerIf Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans by Ann Coulter
1001 Books I'd Rather Die than Read
40th out of 433 books — 762 voters
The Constitution of the United States of America by James MadisonThe Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the U... by Thomas JeffersonAtlas Shrugged by Ayn RandThe 5000 Year Leap by W. Cleon SkousenLiberal Fascism by Jonah Goldberg
Best Conservative Books
68th out of 199 books — 170 voters

More lists with this book...

So there's being offensive to make a point (Chris Rock's "N's v. Black People" sketches).

There's being offensive to be funny. (South Park's Trapped in the Closet episode, which will probably send me to hell but I can't stop laughing at it.)

And there's being offensive just to be offensive.

Sadly, this book is the last kind--so much so that I want to hang a disclaimer of "I'M NOT WITH HIM" over anywhere this book appears on my profile. The only reason I made it through the whole thing is that once
Becoming a Conservative is the only cure for this evil sickness.
M Caulfield
Find out why liberals believe there is nothing wrong with socialism -- why most of them are against organized religion (unless it happens to be Islam). Discover why it is extremely difficult to get any liberal to understand you or make logical arguments.
Northman 737
Jul 29, 2011 Northman 737 added it
Shelves: review, rating
I agree most of what is said in this book. Basically if you're bored by statistics you won't be amused. If you're a bleeding heart liberal you also will not be amused. From one subject to the next he managed to nail down and provide statistics on the extent of the ridiculous American leftist ideals and how they're successfully and for the most part clandestinely destroying America. MOST of this book should be read by all Americans. Our current policies are a spit in the face of those who came be ...more
Vania Melamed
Like many Ann Coulter and Bill O'Reilly books I've read, I expected this one to tell me things that as a conservative I already knew, and I didn't expect it to be very academic. I was sorely mistaken. Dr. Savage writes his most informative, least partisan book, that provides a concise history of political schemes. Lots of useful facts for libs and conservatives alike. A must for intelligent political activism.
Michael makes some interesting points. He is only a fair writter and tends to wander a bit. But there is no denying that he is a passionate observer who is deeply disturbed by the evil influences in our nation. He is very direct and the reader is forced to think more deeply about what is unfolding in American.
Savage is right on the money. He hist the nail right on the head with this book. His rants are hilarious and he presents the facts in a way where there is virtually no way to dispute them. He takes a strong stand against the nation destroying illegal immigration taking place as I write this. This is a must read.
Apr 25, 2007 Ivan rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone
Michael Savage is right most of the time. Good arguments against illegal immigration. This is the first time i heard that 3/4 of all the cocaine and 1/2 of all the heroine consumed in USA gets here across the Mexican border...
I had hoped that this might provide an interesting and insightful critique of the attitudes of the 'left'. Indeed, there were some interesting facts scattered throughout the book. Unfortunately the overall tone, and the constant formula of "fact (which may or may not be at all the consequence of a liberal influence), thus all liberals are crazy".
It is inevitable that there are extremely (and ludicrous) views on both liberal and conservative sides of politics, and cherry picking a few of these a
Apr 15, 2015 Charlotte marked it as if-you-recommend-this-i-ll-bite-you
Honey, that beard is a mental disorder.
Mark Cooper
[Audio:] Some good solid stuff and some rants, but as a whole it's solid, logical common sense approach to the foolishness of the liberal world. One item I was struck by is Savage's idea that if Liberalism doesn't tone down and get a grip, an ultra-right wing leader will step in as a reaction to the anti-American behavior of liberals, similar to what brought Hitler to power. Savage does not want this, nor calls for it, but thinks that average folks will be pushed so far then will push back to th ...more
Chad J
Michael Savage is an aquired taste. He is not for everyone. Even people on the Conservitive side don't care for his views or rants from time to time. You may not agree with Michael on everything he says, but you can take it to the bank that he will stand by everything that comes out of his mouth. Michael's talk show has lots of yelling and down talking, so even I can only take so much before turning the channel, but his books are loaded with great facts and leasons that we should all pay attenti ...more
Jan 11, 2008 Dean rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: acknud
Same radical Savage; but he is an interesting person with the education and knowledge behind him to make powerful statements without just being a besmirching fool.

I think his knowledge is his best attribute.
Well, you have to like Michael Savage to like this book. One thing about Michael, he tells the truth and he doesn't pull any punches.
Everyone should read his might learn something.
The title says it all! Michael Savage takes off the gloves once again to slug it out with political elite. This no-holds-bared book is full of great points and wonderful political comedy!
My liberal friend didn't get past twenty pages before throwing this great book away. It's sad that some "open minded" folks on the political left won't listen to the other side before assuming anything not liberal is evil. The same friend milked every week of unemployment money before looking for a job. He abused the handout and blamed the evil rich for not giving him more. Ki was his name but it has now been changed legally to "Piece of Shit" due to his - blackmail is ok if a liberal does it to ...more
Truth, truth and more truth. WAKE UP PEOPLE!
Reviewing this book as of 2012, I was worried that the content may have been outdated. My fears were allayed as soon as I started reading. "Liberalism Is a Mental Disorder" by Dr. Michael Savage gives comedic--yet terrifyingly true--coverage of the liberal takeover of America. From illegal immigration to the Islamization of America, Dr. Savage covers a wide range of problems the United States is facing and the rise of political correctness that exacerbates them.

Dr. Savage's book is a page-turner
Noreen Hacohen
Absolutely love Michael Savage's in your face, telling it like it is approach, he doesn't beat around the bush or try to tickle anyone's ears and he is not politically correct by any means. Amazing radio show host and powerful speaker on American culture and politics, very refreshing character.
Alex Teich
Preeminent work. A bible for some. At least those with an analytical mind. But that is an attribute completely lost to the next generation of, not just the United States, but the world at large.
Robert Chapman
This book should be required reading for everyone. The title and writing style may seem inflammatory, but that comes from the author's passion about this topic. The message is dead accurate and the author's projection of the future if Liberalism goes unchecked is truly frightening.
Excellent read especially for those that don't follow the political undercurrents in our once great nation. Written in detail for understanding and engagement by a wide audience. It's a must read for anyone not fully aware of the enemies within and without. Savage is right on.
I only gave this one star just so I could say Savage HAS a mental disorder. He's an idiot along with Dobson, Fallwell, and the rest of the fringe lunatics of the right wing.
Jul 29, 2008 Joseph is currently reading it
Only a third of the way through this. Depending on your political affiliation, you may not even pick this book up....but it is surprisingly quite informative from all sides.
If read in a non-serious matter, this could be one of, if not the funniest book ever. "THAT'S HORSESHIT AND YOU LEARNED IT FROM THE TEXTBOOK OF ISLAM-O-FASCISM."
Mat L
Great book on why the ultra left are crazy. A must-read in this election year. Savage's rant can be a little too much, but the fundamentals of this book are terrific.
No matter what your political orientation is, this book is just to angry and hate filled.
Victor Maggio
liberal democrats are very funny until they get Power
Lon Abresch
The title says it all!
I liked the title - so true.
  • Let Freedom Ring: Winning the War of Liberty over Liberalism
  • How to Talk to a Liberal (If You Must): The World According to Ann Coulter
  • Fleeced: How Barack Obama, Media Mockery of Terrorist Threats, Liberals Who Want to Kill Talk Radio, the Do-Nothing Congress, Companies That Help Iran, and Washington Lobbyists for Foreign Governments Are Scamming Us...and What to Do About It
  • The Politically Incorrect Guide to Global Warming: And Environmentalism
  • Verbatim: From the bawdy to the sublime, the best writing on language for word lovers, grammar mavens, and armchair linguists
  • The Case Against Barack Obama: The Unlikely Rise and Unexamined Agenda of the Media's Favorite Candidate
  • Power to the People
  • Stonehenge Decoded
  • The Mathematical Tourist: New & Updated Snapshots of Modern Mathematics
  • A Slobbering Love Affair: The True (And Pathetic) Story of the Torrid Romance Between Barack Obama and the Mainstream Media
  • Time Detectives: How Archaeologists Use Technology To Recapture The Past
  • An Inconvenient Book: Real Solutions to the World's Biggest Problems
  • Slouching Towards Gomorrah: Modern Liberalism and American Decline
  • Liberty and Tyranny: A Conservative Manifesto
  • The Politically Incorrect Guide to Capitalism
Dr. Michael Savage is a multimedia icon in the conservative movement. The Telegraph in the U.K. ranked him as one of the most influential conservatives in the United States, and with 10 million weekly listeners, the Berkeley Ph.D. is the third most listened to conservative talk show host. Recently featured in The New Yorker and Playboy, Dr. Savage is the author of many books, including the politic ...more
More about Michael Savage...
The Savage Nation: Saving America from the Liberal Assault on Our Borders, Language, and Culture The Enemy Within: Saving America from the Liberal Assault on Our Churches, Schools, and Military Abuse of Power (Jack Hatfield, #1) Trickle Up Poverty: Stopping Obama's Attack on Our Borders, Economy, and Security The Political Zoo