Start by marking “Liberalism is a Mental Disorder” as Want to Read:
Liberalism is a Mental Disorder

Liberalism is a Mental Disorder

Liberalism Is a Mental Disorder: Savage Solutions
Published March 7th 2006 by Thomas Nelson (first published April 12th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Liberalism is a Mental Disorder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Liberalism is a Mental Disorder

Rebecca
Sep 01, 2008 Rebecca rated it did not like it
So there's being offensive to make a point (Chris Rock's "N's v. Black People" sketches).

There's being offensive to be funny. (South Park's Trapped in the Closet episode, which will probably send me to hell but I can't stop laughing at it.)

And there's being offensive just to be offensive.

Sadly, this book is the last kind--so much so that I want to hang a disclaimer of "I'M NOT WITH HIM" over anywhere this book appears on my profile. The only reason I made it through the whole thing is that once
Michael
Sep 02, 2008 Michael rated it it was amazing
Becoming a Conservative is the only cure for this evil sickness.
Northman 737
Jul 29, 2011 Northman 737 added it
Shelves: review, rating
I agree most of what is said in this book. Basically if you're bored by statistics you won't be amused. If you're a bleeding heart liberal you also will not be amused. From one subject to the next he managed to nail down and provide statistics on the extent of the ridiculous American leftist ideals and how they're successfully and for the most part clandestinely destroying America. MOST of this book should be read by all Americans. Our current policies are a spit in the face of those who came be ...more
M Caulfield
Jul 01, 2009 M Caulfield rated it it was amazing
Find out why liberals believe there is nothing wrong with socialism -- why most of them are against organized religion (unless it happens to be Islam). Discover why it is extremely difficult to get any liberal to understand you or make logical arguments.
Mark Cooper
May 02, 2009 Mark Cooper rated it liked it
Shelves: mark-2009
[Audio:] Some good solid stuff and some rants, but as a whole it's solid, logical common sense approach to the foolishness of the liberal world. One item I was struck by is Savage's idea that if Liberalism doesn't tone down and get a grip, an ultra-right wing leader will step in as a reaction to the anti-American behavior of liberals, similar to what brought Hitler to power. Savage does not want this, nor calls for it, but thinks that average folks will be pushed so far then will push back to th ...more
Vania Melamed
Aug 12, 2010 Vania Melamed rated it it was amazing
Like many Ann Coulter and Bill O'Reilly books I've read, I expected this one to tell me things that as a conservative I already knew, and I didn't expect it to be very academic. I was sorely mistaken. Dr. Savage writes his most informative, least partisan book, that provides a concise history of political schemes. Lots of useful facts for libs and conservatives alike. A must for intelligent political activism.
Ger
Sep 17, 2008 Ger rated it really liked it
Michael makes some interesting points. He is only a fair writter and tends to wander a bit. But there is no denying that he is a passionate observer who is deeply disturbed by the evil influences in our nation. He is very direct and the reader is forced to think more deeply about what is unfolding in American.
Alan
Apr 29, 2008 Alan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Savage is right on the money. He hist the nail right on the head with this book. His rants are hilarious and he presents the facts in a way where there is virtually no way to dispute them. He takes a strong stand against the nation destroying illegal immigration taking place as I write this. This is a must read.
Dean
Jan 11, 2008 Dean rated it liked it
Recommends it for: acknud
Same radical Savage; but he is an interesting person with the education and knowledge behind him to make powerful statements without just being a besmirching fool.

I think his knowledge is his best attribute.
Janice
Jan 31, 2013 Janice rated it it was amazing
Excellent read especially for those that don't follow the political undercurrents in our once great nation. Written in detail for understanding and engagement by a wide audience. It's a must read for anyone not fully aware of the enemies within and without. Savage is right on.
Ivan
Apr 15, 2007 Ivan rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Michael Savage is right most of the time. Good arguments against illegal immigration. This is the first time i heard that 3/4 of all the cocaine and 1/2 of all the heroine consumed in USA gets here across the Mexican border...
George
Apr 07, 2008 George rated it liked it
Well, you have to like Michael Savage to like this book. One thing about Michael, he tells the truth and he doesn't pull any punches.
Everyone should read his books.you might learn something.
Rsoeffker
May 02, 2008 Rsoeffker rated it it was amazing
The title says it all! Michael Savage takes off the gloves once again to slug it out with political elite. This no-holds-bared book is full of great points and wonderful political comedy!
Gail
Jul 08, 2010 Gail rated it it was amazing
Truth, truth and more truth. WAKE UP PEOPLE!
Smorgan
Jan 31, 2013 Smorgan rated it did not like it
I had hoped that this might provide an interesting and insightful critique of the attitudes of the 'left'. Indeed, there were some interesting facts scattered throughout the book. Unfortunately the overall tone, and the constant formula of "fact (which may or may not be at all the consequence of a liberal influence), thus all liberals are crazy".
It is inevitable that there are extremely (and ludicrous) views on both liberal and conservative sides of politics, and cherry picking a few of these a
Giuseppe
May 14, 2014 Giuseppe rated it it was amazing
My liberal friend didn't get past twenty pages before throwing this great book away. It's sad that some "open minded" folks on the political left won't listen to the other side before assuming anything not liberal is evil. The same friend milked every week of unemployment money before looking for a job. He abused the handout and blamed the evil rich for not giving him more. Ki was his name but it has now been changed legally to "Piece of Shit" due to his - blackmail is ok if a liberal does it to ...more
Chad J
May 14, 2015 Chad J rated it it was amazing
Shelves: politics
Michael Savage is an aquired taste. He is not for everyone. Even people on the Conservitive side don't care for his views or rants from time to time. You may not agree with Michael on everything he says, but you can take it to the bank that he will stand by everything that comes out of his mouth. Michael's talk show has lots of yelling and down talking, so even I can only take so much before turning the channel, but his books are loaded with great facts and leasons that we should all pay attenti ...more
Daniel Pasternak
Jan 21, 2016 Daniel Pasternak rated it liked it
I bought this book because of its title, and it doesn't do what I though it would. Instead of explaining why liberalism is a mental disorder (which it is), Savage just goes on rants about everything from Islamofascism to George Bushs' fiscal socialism. Don't get me wrong I love Savage and I love the book but the title doesn't accurately describe the context of the work as a whole. Government Zero is a whole lot better.
Noreen Hacohen
Apr 10, 2014 Noreen Hacohen rated it it was amazing
Absolutely love Michael Savage's in your face, telling it like it is approach, he doesn't beat around the bush or try to tickle anyone's ears and he is not politically correct by any means. Amazing radio show host and powerful speaker on American culture and politics, very refreshing character.
Robert Chapman
This book should be required reading for everyone. The title and writing style may seem inflammatory, but that comes from the author's passion about this topic. The message is dead accurate and the author's projection of the future if Liberalism goes unchecked is truly frightening.
Lou
Apr 15, 2016 Lou rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was quite similar to other Michael Savage books I've read in the past. I typically like what I am reading (or hearing on his show), but this book in particular was very engrossing. This was a short book and easy to read.
Mat L
Apr 24, 2008 Mat L rated it liked it
Great book on why the ultra left are crazy. A must-read in this election year. Savage's rant can be a little too much, but the fundamentals of this book are terrific.
Norbert
Jul 02, 2012 Norbert rated it really liked it
Shelves: political
I liked the title - so true.
Stephen
Apr 14, 2009 Stephen rated it really liked it
Well worth reading.
Alex Teich
Sep 13, 2014 Alex Teich rated it it was amazing
Preeminent work. A bible for some. At least those with an analytical mind. But that is an attribute completely lost to the next generation of, not just the United States, but the world at large.
Victor Maggio
Dec 28, 2012 Victor Maggio rated it it was amazing
liberal democrats are very funny until they get Power
Lon Abresch
Mar 29, 2010 Lon Abresch rated it it was amazing
The title says it all!
Charlotte
Apr 15, 2015 Charlotte marked it as if-you-recommend-this-i-ll-bite-you
Honey, that beard is a mental disorder.
Robert Brudos
May 15, 2017 Robert Brudos rated it it was ok
If you're angry at liberals, this guy is too! Not much to offer though, and pretty offensive.
Lester Cockram
Dec 26, 2016 Lester Cockram rated it liked it
With Michael Savages advanced education in biological science, I was hoping he would have included more medical science studies on the mental disorders.
He did cover some interesting material but have heard most of it on his radio talk shows.
  • How to Talk to a Liberal (If You Must): The World According to Ann Coulter
  • Let Freedom Ring: Winning the War of Liberty over Liberalism
  • Fleeced: How Barack Obama, Media Mockery of Terrorist Threats, Liberals Who Want to Kill Talk Radio, the Do-Nothing Congress, Companies That Help Iran, and Washington Lobbyists for Foreign Governments Are Scamming Us ... and What to Do About It
  • Verbatim: From the bawdy to the sublime, the best writing on language for word lovers, grammar mavens, and armchair linguists
  • The Politically Incorrect Guide to Global Warming (and Environmentalism)
  • Stonehenge Decoded
  • An Inconvenient Book: Real Solutions to the World's Biggest Problems
  • Liberty and Tyranny: A Conservative Manifesto
  • Unhinged: Exposing Liberals Gone Wild
  • Father, Son & Co.: My Life at IBM and Beyond
  • Crazies to the Left of Me, Wimps to the Right: How One Side Lost Its Mind and the Other Lost Its Nerve
  • This Nation Shall Endure
Dr. Michael Savage is a multimedia icon in the conservative movement. The Telegraph in the U.K. ranked him as one of the most influential conservatives in the United States, and with 10 million weekly listeners, the Berkeley Ph.D. is the third most listened to conservative talk show host. Recently featured in The New Yorker and Playboy, Dr. Savage is the author of many books, including the politic ...more
More about Michael Savage...

“As much as the left fashions themselves as being progressive, they’re not. In reality, today’s leftist movement is made in much the same way as a sausage—it’s a blend of fascist, communist, and socialist ideologies from twentieth-century Europe, with a pinch of Nazism, all ground together, yet retaining the flavor of its various parts.” 3 likes
“You see, the left views us as unenlightened, under-educated, overly God-worshiping suckers. They’re counting on us to sit on our behinds watching grown men in tight pants knock a football around the field rather than turning off the damn TV long enough to see their end game.” 1 likes