Start by marking “Nailed” as Want to Read:
Nailed

Nailed (Marked For Love)

3.70  ·  Rating Details  ·  86 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
Late Night As resident fix-it girl for an apartment complex in a tiny Texas town, Bonnie James makes enough money to pay the bills and have a little fun on the side. She likes checking out the other tenants and sometimes indulges in her own sexual fantasies by watching them late at night. It's exciting, it's erotic, and it always leaves her ready and willing for more. . .

T
Published June 1st 2008 by Aphrodisia (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Nailed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nailed

Auntee
Jul 01, 2008 Auntee rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of romantic suspense with a touch of erotica
First of all, let me say don't be mislead by the back cover synopsis, which leads you to believe that this book is all about a woman who is a voyeur and the bounty hunter who gets distracted and turned on by her. That is only a very minor plot point. Actually, this book was part mystery, part romantic suspense, with just a touch of erotica thrown into the mix, and also had touches of humor.

Basically it is about bounty hunter Wynn Collier, the 'white sheep' of a family of paid asassins. Wynn's fa
Danielle
Apr 02, 2015 Danielle rated it it was amazing
I could not put this f-ing book down!!!!!!!

Real review to come soon, but damn!!! Get this!!!!

Edited to add review: (I liked the first part so I kept it - sue me)

Do not be fooled by this book like I was. It’s a sleeper book. Permit me to explain:

I started reading Nailed (which was given to me in exchange for this honest review) and like all books I immediately started judging it. It was cute – super cute. Female Peeping Tom (what do you call that anyway?) being chased by hot-as-sin Knee Breaker.
Ani Gonzalez
Mar 30, 2015 Ani Gonzalez rated it it was amazing
Fabulous book! Sexy, funny, and a little gritty. Wynn and Bonnie are a fabulous couple, kind of a Texan-style Ranger and Stephanie Plum. I loved Bonnie, she's tough and sassy and resourceful. Wynn is a great alpha hero and his crazy family is hilarious. Clyde the cat is one crazy neurotic feline. Fun book.

The cover is a bit misleading as it makes the book look like an urban contemporary/erotic romance. It reads more like a Kristen Ashley Rock Chick book, sexy and funny with a bit of romantic su
Adria (Romance Reviews)
Originally posted on Adria's Romance Reviews

* A copy of this book was provided by the publisher via Reading Alley for the purpose of an honest review.

On the run for over three years, Bonnie James has temporarily settled in a tiny Texas town as the resident fix-it-all girl of a small apartment complex. Making just enough to pay the bills, Bonnie does everything possible to keep a low profile until her latest one night stand turns out to be a bounty hunter sent to track her and her supposedly dead
Netanella
Romantic Suspense in a Hot Texas Town

"Nailed" starts out with an excellent premise - I was really looking forward to reading about a female apartment maintenance girl who enjoys peeping on her neighbors' sexual antics while she hides out in the dustbowl of Texas. Into this mix of voyeurism and Texas sensibilities comes Wynn, the 'white sheep' brother of a family of hitmen, out to find Bonnie, or more specifically, her sisters and the information they have on some very important clients.

Great se
Deb Markanton
May 20, 2015 Deb Markanton rated it really liked it
A Delicious, Sexy, and Fun Book

Nailed is a thoroughly engaging book that grabbed me on page one and didn't let go until The End. Stuart's writing style is witty and succinct. Loaded with dry humor the story sails along fast.

Julie Burt wasn't always such a hard ass. She used to shop at Neiman's, take gourmet cooking classes, and get manicures with her sister. Now? She's fishing bikini tops out of the pool filter, unclogging sinks, and installing new garbage disposals at Marquez Terrace Apartments
jvan326
Apr 22, 2010 jvan326 rated it it was amazing
If you haven't been reading about The Collier brother's yet you SHOULD be. I Love Amie Stuart's extremely unique and original plot line about a family of hit men with heart. I can't wait to re-read Hittin It and hopefully she comes out with a story for youngest sibling; Dani soon :)
Jean Smith
Jul 22, 2015 Jean Smith rated it really liked it
Cute peeping Tomasina or feisty hell cat on the run?
The book blurb gives you a good clue of what’s going on in this story. Julie Burt is on the run and hiding out in an out of the way town in Texas. Under the assumed name of Bonnie James she fills her days with maintaining the only apartment complex in town and her nights with living vicariously as a peeping Tom or is that Tomasina? Life is lonely. Her life as a fix it woman is a hell of long way from the college educated go getter commercial re
Gaele
May 25, 2015 Gaele rated it liked it
From the synopsis I was looking for a hot and sexy romance with perhaps a touch of intrigue. What emerged was a tale heavy on the hero, lighter on the heroine and almost completely focused on suspense. That’s not a bad thing, but not anything close to my expectation, and I strongly feel a synopsis should guide potential readers, not confuse them.

Bonnie (Julie) has spent the last while hiding from those who wish her ill, after the death of her sister and brother in law. Completely changing her l
Steph McVicker
May 18, 2015 Steph McVicker rated it really liked it
She Nailed It!

Professional not-a-hitman Wynn Collier has spent a year and a half searching for a woman who doesn't want to be found. He's tracked his quarry, Julie Burt, to a tiny town in Texas and quickly falls in lust with the sexy brunette. When they discover each other's identities and true motives, they're in too deep to reign in their passion. Wynn and Julie will have to figure out what information that a treacherous third party wants before she disappears...for good.

NAILED is book 1 in t
Teresa
May 13, 2015 Teresa rated it really liked it
Considering the subject of this book I was pleasantly surprised at the humor. Our heroine, Julie/Bonnie is in hiding after her sister and bro-in-law died in an explosion. Wynn, an enforcer with scruples in his families business(hitmen), has been sent to locate her and find out where her sister and BIL are hiding. News to Julie!

I enjoyed this book and am looking forward to reading more about this "family". There are 2 more brothers and a sister. Rubbing hands together.. ;) Written from both Wynn
Heather Watkins
Jan 10, 2009 Heather Watkins rated it really liked it
You're in another town in hiding thinking your life is going great until a man comes to town on business. This business is a family business. This man catches her peeping on another couple having sex and she explores herself until she realizes someone is watching. Eventually they hook up.

They come to know each other (trying to not fall for one another, but fate brings them together). They are now working together, even though she is the target. There is something hidden that was left with her w
Victoria Rainey
Jun 24, 2015 Victoria Rainey rated it really liked it
Shelves: reading-alley
Complex and Beautiful story

Nailed is the first book in the Marked for Love series by Amie Stuart.

The beginning of the story leaves you interested in knowing more. At the end of the first chapter, I wanted to know how it would turn out. The author did a good job of drawing the reader in to her world. I was pulled into the world she created. The pace of the story was a bit slow at some points and fast is others. The main characters and the secondary characters were quirky and believable. I really
CassandraG
Jul 07, 2015 CassandraG rated it really liked it

The town of Cielo has it's fair share of citizens, who, for the most part, tend to want to get lost, because they don't want to be found. And since Cielo is a town in the middle of practically nowhere, people want to get lost on purpose.
Wynn collier was a bounty hunter tracking down two sisters. One Julie Burt and the Other Karen Lyons and they both managed to disappear quite nicely for quite awhile. He gets a little more than he bargained for when he runs into the heroine of the story.
It had s
Michelle Sanders
5 star riot

What's the definition of a perfect book? Romance, hot sex, mystery, intrigue, humor, thugs, and a cat named Clyde. This book has it all! I absolutely loved this read! 5stars and will read again.
Bet Lantaff
Oct 08, 2008 Bet Lantaff rated it really liked it
Even tho the synopsis was not really what the book was about (it was more about the hero than the heroine), I still enjoyed it. Somewhat predictable, there were still moments that were unexpected and the sex did not carry the book as it does in most erotics.
Tasha
Jun 04, 2013 Tasha rated it it was amazing
Loved it Oh MY GOD this was one of my favorite reads, if others don't love it as well, well....
Alea Delarye
Aug 16, 2010 Alea Delarye rated it liked it
Really liked this one.
Amanda
May 30, 2013 Amanda rated it liked it
Bridget
Oct 23, 2013 Bridget rated it liked it
It's hard to categorize this book. A family of hit men (Dad and two sons) also has a younger brother, Wynn, who is an enforcer who doesn't want to kill people. He is put on the trail of a young woman, at the request of a client. She has gone into hiding after the suspected deaths of her sister and brother in law. He finds her, and also more than he expected. Together they try to solve the mystery of what the client wants returned, and where it might be hidden. What is most interesting is the car ...more
Alejandra
Feb 20, 2016 Alejandra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
super este libro
Christel
Mar 29, 2009 Christel rated it liked it
Recommended to Christel by: Laura Stamps
Shelves: various-authors
Was okay but really I had a hard time reading it. Was not one of my favorites of all the ones that Laura sent me
Fay Ann Hollcroft
Mar 27, 2013 Fay Ann Hollcroft rated it liked it
Enjoyed the "love story", but the erotic scenes left you hanging.
Sherry Sanders
Sherry Sanders marked it as to-read
May 01, 2016
Patricia
Patricia rated it liked it
Apr 28, 2016
Kelli
Kelli marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2016
Claudia Garcia
Claudia Garcia marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2016
Alina Kotmina
Alina Kotmina marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2016
Carol Woodruff
Carol Woodruff marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2016
Janae
Janae rated it it was ok
Mar 27, 2016
  • Swap
  • Sword of Rome (Tausrat #2)
  • If This Bed Could Talk
  • Six
  • Betrayed (Wolf Gatherings #6)
  • Doing It the Hard Way
  • Resistance (Bloodlines, #3)
  • Mistletoe Bay (Misty Harbor, #7)
  • Highland Secrets: Highland Fantasy Romance (Dragon Lore Book 1)
  • Show Me
  • Against the Wind (Agents of the Crown, #2)
  • Undone
  • His Carnal Need (Xylon Warriors, #2)
  • Kiss of the Silver Wolf
  • Allegiances (The Battling McGuire Boys #6)
  • The Road Leads Back
  • Demonic Obsession (Dark Promises, #2)
  • The Love of a Lawman (Callister, #3)
Amie Stuart is the last of a dying breed: a Native Texan. She writes sexy, emotional contemporary romances set in small towns. In the past, she's worked as a receptionist, a daycare office manager, delivered pizzas, and was even a hairdresser for five years--all fodder for the writing gig. That and all those Barbara Cartland romances she cut her teeth on.

None of those careers can compare to her fa
More about Amie Stuart...

Marked For Love (2 books)
  • Hittin' It