Start by marking “Eloise in Moscow” as Want to Read:
Eloise in Moscow
Preview

Eloise in Moscow (Eloise)

4.15 of 5 stars 4.15  ·  rating details  ·  423 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Odd Couple Invade Russia and Produce Best-seller When Kay Thompson (with Hilary Knight in tow) swept through Moscow at the height of the Cold War, the Russians didn't know what hit them. No one could have predicted that this small masterpiece would be the result. First published in 1959 and out of print for more than three decades, their fourth book about Eloise is DELICIO ...more
Published September 3rd 2001 by Simon & Schuster (first published 1959)

To ask other readers questions about Eloise in Moscow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eloise in Moscow

Phyllis
I like all the Eloise books a lot, but this one is my favorite by far because somehow her rich brat excesses seem a lot less intolerable when she's hanging out with communists.
Emily
Found at an antique store. Hilary Knight's illustrations are truly charming. I may have to seek out some of the other Eloise books.
Christy
Dolly
Nov 14, 2012 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their older children
Shelves: 2012, childrens, russia
We've read several books featuring the rascally Eloise. Our girls like them and they are usually humorous tales, but this is a much more somber, paranoid story.

The illustrations in this book capture the essence of Moscow in winter, with the political and economic aspects of the times clearly defined within the story. It's startlingly still somewhat relevant today, although not perhaps to the levels describes in the story.

I have traveled fairly frequently to Russia with my job in the last two y
Nura
Eloise tuh bandelnya ga ketulungan deh. orang-orang pada tidur dia malah keliaran di hotel. si pemandu rusianya lucu bgt.

#courtesy of Wandering Books Foundation
Jill Porter
Moscow? Eloise? They don't mix, which is obvious! Love Eloise!
Kaethe
Eh. I prefer the older Eloise books to the newer ones.
Kavfrou
this absolutely darling little sweetnik have another adventure..

and now she is in moscow!

gone all the black and white with a dash of pink, and instead hillary knight represent eloise and nanny and weenie in black and white and gray and yellow and orange.

hilarious adventure as eloise sets her journey through out moscow, with her taste of everything.. from food, circus, water, static phones and even spies!

Molly
Eloise visits Moscow and is up to her usual antics.

I found this Eloise book rather interesting as it is so clearly a product of its time. The Cold War and communism are clear themes in it. I thought it was interesting that the color scheme uses yellow, black and white instead of pink, black and white. The illustrations were also gorgeous as usual.
Nancy Curtis
where is my book? JJ I love this book as a child.
Keir Bridges
Love love love Eloise. Such a neat book.
The darkest Eloise. Lovink it!
Rebecca
I didn't like this book at all.
Evan Hammerman
A Cold War classic!
Skye
Skye added it
Apr 25, 2015
Shellii Huff
Shellii Huff marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2015
Vivian Lu
Vivian Lu marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2015
Teanna
Teanna added it
Apr 01, 2015
Emma
Emma marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2015
Ahmad
Ahmad added it
Mar 30, 2015
Victoria Zigler
Victoria Zigler marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
Clémentine Henry
Clémentine Henry marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2015
  • The Incredible Painting of Felix Clousseau
  • Children of the Forest
  • I Want to Be an Astronaut
  • The Seven Chinese Sisters
  • Amelia Lends a Hand (Amelia's Notebooks, #12)
  • Somebody Loves You, Mr. Hatch
  • What Do You Do, Dear?
  • Let's Be Enemies
  • Harold's Fairy Tale
Kay Thompson (1909–1998) was an American author, composer, musician, actress and singer. She is best remembered as the creator of the Eloise children's books.
More about Kay Thompson...

Eloise (1 - 10 of 30 books)
  • Eloise
  • Eloise's Guide to Life
  • Eloise at the Wedding
  • Eloise's What I Absolutely Love Love Love
  • Eloise Visits the Zoo
Eloise Eloise in Paris Eloise at Christmastime Eloise Takes a Bawth Eloise: The Ultimate Edition