Science Fair Day

Science Fair Day

3.53 of 5 stars 3.53  ·  rating details  ·  32 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Ima Kindanozee likes to know anything and everything going on around her. She always asks plenty of questions. And the perfect day to ask questions is Science Fair Day. But perhaps she doesn?t need to flip that switch on Josephina?s spaceship project, or touch that bone on Dewey?s dinosaur skeleton in order to find her answers. Will Mrs. Shepherd be able to put Ima?s snoop...more
Published January 24th 2008 by Dutton Juvenile

The Book Maven
Mrs. Shepherd's class is getting prepared for their science fair, and the pressure is on to be "perfectly perfect"...which is hard when precocious student Ima Kindanozee is moving around, poking here, questioning there, and generally creating havoc. Still, even Ima has her uses when she is able to lead the principal around and ask the right questions and help the students show off their perfectly perfect projects.

While not profound or earth-shattering, this is a fun, goofy way to introduce kids...more
Penny McGill
Lynn Plourde's series of classroom-based picture books have always been in our top ten list of books. They are great to read aloud and each time we flip through them there is something sweet that we discover on the pages. This one grabbed me because 'tis the season for Science Fair and I thought it might inspire a little bit of science thinking. This hasn't worked (a Dear Canada book about the Japanese internment camps is a much stronger draw right now) but we did have a lovely time reading this...more
Cecilia
Too much children-can-never-do-wrong, always-give-the-kid-a-prize, don't-keep-deadlines kind of thinking for my tastes. I did enjoy the moral of the story being everyone has worth no matter what, but I didn't like how the main character was allowed to keep damaging other kids' hard work without retribution/consequence from the teacher.
Paula
On Science Fair Day, Ima Kindanozee proves that she is the most inquisitive student in Mrs. Shepherd's class.
Kerri Harshaw
A great book to read to children around science fair day! The curiosity of one student in the class ends up in the destruction of many science projects around the room. The young child was full of SO many questions, she helped judge the science projects in her classroom by having students answer the questions she has. A great book to spark curiosity and inquiry among young children.
Shelli
Science Fair Day is about Mrs. Shepherd's classes preparations to complete their science projects before Principle Helm comes in to judge them. Ima Kindanozee lives up to her name and her snooping causes catastrophe after catastrophe. I'm not really sure what the moral or message of the story was, but it was an entertaining read.
Charlyn  Trussell
Jun 25, 2010 Charlyn Trussell rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Gr. 1 and up
Science fair day seems to be headed towards catastrophe in Ima's class because inquisitive Ima, who is so interested in her classmates' projects that she can't complete one for herself, has a knack for setting things into motion. The text and the pictures both bring humor to this familiar school activity.
Ngoc  Dang
This book is great for introducing kids to science. Kids will have a taste of what a science fair is like. Teachers can have mini science fair in their classes or science experiments. Hands on learning will stick with children more than just lecturing about science.
Jungyun
I like this book.
It teach me that the science is question itself.
Tara
Tara marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
Z
Z added it
Mar 18, 2014
Emma
Emma marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2013
I write kids' books--talk about a FUN job! I worked for 21 years as a speech-language therapist in Maine schools. When I got married, I got 3 & 4-year-old stepsons as part of my ready-made family. I read the boys picture books at bedtime. They fell asleep after 2 or 3 books, but I kept reading stacks and stacks of picture books and started to dream . . . maybe I could write picture books. I wa...more
More about Lynn Plourde...
Wild Child Pigs in the Mud in the Middle of the Rud You're Wearing THAT to School?! Dino Pets Winter Waits