Start by marking “Science Fair Day” as Want to Read:
Science Fair Day

Science Fair Day

Ima Kindanozee likes to know anything and everything going on around her. She always asks plenty of questions. And the perfect day to ask questions is Science Fair Day. But perhaps she doesn?t need to flip that switch on Josephina?s spaceship project, or touch that bone on Dewey?s dinosaur skeleton in order to find her answers. Will Mrs. Shepherd be able to put Ima?s snoop ...more
Published January 24th 2008 by Dutton Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Science Fair Day, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Science Fair Day

Alexandra Cotter
Nov 20, 2016 Alexandra Cotter rated it really liked it
I think this book would be great to read to your students when they are going to be going on a field trip or doing a big project. It shows how to and how not to act when being able to do fun things like putting on a science fair. It is also a silly book that would make your students chuckle!
Traci Bold
This humorous definitely shows the pros and cons of asking too many questions. While Ima interrogates her classmates about their science projects for the science fair, she messes up their projects in the process. So it only stands to reason that something good must come of it.

Written by Lynn Plourde, illustrated by Thor Wickstrom and published by Dutton Children's Books.

#PB #sciencefair #school
The Book Maven
Mrs. Shepherd's class is getting prepared for their science fair, and the pressure is on to be "perfectly perfect"...which is hard when precocious student Ima Kindanozee is moving around, poking here, questioning there, and generally creating havoc. Still, even Ima has her uses when she is able to lead the principal around and ask the right questions and help the students show off their perfectly perfect projects.

While not profound or earth-shattering, this is a fun, goofy way to introduce kids
Penny McGill
Jan 23, 2014 Penny McGill rated it it was amazing
Lynn Plourde's series of classroom-based picture books have always been in our top ten list of books. They are great to read aloud and each time we flip through them there is something sweet that we discover on the pages. This one grabbed me because 'tis the season for Science Fair and I thought it might inspire a little bit of science thinking. This hasn't worked (a Dear Canada book about the Japanese internment camps is a much stronger draw right now) but we did have a lovely time reading this ...more
Taryn
Oct 28, 2015 Taryn rated it really liked it
My girls love this (they're almost-7 and 4 yo). And I think it's fun. It makes me want to homeschool, so we can explore all the science concepts alluded to in the illustrations. I guess I'm a nerd like that. The main character, Ima Kindanozee, is annoying but not so much that I cringe as I read. I'm not sure how the author pulled that off, but I'm thankful, because the girls want to read this book every night.
Kerri Harshaw
A great book to read to children around science fair day! The curiosity of one student in the class ends up in the destruction of many science projects around the room. The young child was full of SO many questions, she helped judge the science projects in her classroom by having students answer the questions she has. A great book to spark curiosity and inquiry among young children.
Shelli
Aug 26, 2008 Shelli rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Science Fair Day is about Mrs. Shepherd's classes preparations to complete their science projects before Principle Helm comes in to judge them. Ima Kindanozee lives up to her name and her snooping causes catastrophe after catastrophe. I'm not really sure what the moral or message of the story was, but it was an entertaining read.
Cecilia
Feb 14, 2014 Cecilia rated it did not like it
Too much children-can-never-do-wrong, always-give-the-kid-a-prize, don't-keep-deadlines kind of thinking for my tastes. I did enjoy the moral of the story being everyone has worth no matter what, but I didn't like how the main character was allowed to keep damaging other kids' hard work without retribution/consequence from the teacher.
Charlyn
Jun 25, 2010 Charlyn rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Gr. 1 and up
Science fair day seems to be headed towards catastrophe in Ima's class because inquisitive Ima, who is so interested in her classmates' projects that she can't complete one for herself, has a knack for setting things into motion. The text and the pictures both bring humor to this familiar school activity.
Ngoc  Dang
This book is great for introducing kids to science. Kids will have a taste of what a science fair is like. Teachers can have mini science fair in their classes or science experiments. Hands on learning will stick with children more than just lecturing about science.
Paula
On Science Fair Day, Ima Kindanozee proves that she is the most inquisitive student in Mrs. Shepherd's class.
Sandra Magura
Sandra Magura rated it really liked it
Mar 09, 2015
Beverly
Beverly rated it liked it
Jun 10, 2013
Jessie Dae
Jessie Dae rated it liked it
Nov 10, 2015
Gail  Marton
Gail Marton rated it liked it
Oct 16, 2015
David
David rated it it was amazing
Nov 25, 2011
Mary
Mary rated it really liked it
Oct 16, 2012
Dayna
Dayna rated it liked it
Feb 04, 2009
Jungyun
Oct 04, 2011 Jungyun rated it really liked it
I like this book.
It teach me that the science is question itself.
Laurie
Laurie rated it liked it
May 29, 2014
Tomas
Tomas rated it really liked it
Oct 26, 2016
Cadence
Cadence rated it it was amazing
Jun 24, 2014
Sofia
Sofia rated it really liked it
Oct 01, 2013
Michele
Michele rated it liked it
Mar 15, 2013
Ed
Ed rated it liked it
Apr 10, 2015
Sally
Sally rated it it was ok
Jun 13, 2008
Deb Reddy
Deb Reddy rated it it was ok
Sep 29, 2014
Jherica Goodgame
Jherica Goodgame rated it it was amazing
Jun 03, 2013
Sheri
Sheri rated it really liked it
Sep 24, 2008
John
John rated it really liked it
Jul 04, 2012
I write kids' books--talk about a FUN job! I worked for 21 years as a speech-language therapist in Maine schools. When I got married, I got 3 & 4-year-old stepsons as part of my ready-made family. I read the boys picture books at bedtime. They fell asleep after 2 or 3 books, but I kept reading stacks and stacks of picture books and started to dream . . . maybe I could write picture books. I wa ...more
More about Lynn Plourde...