Start by marking “Kids' Multicultural Cookbook: Food and Fun Around the World (Kids Can!)” as Want to Read:
Kids' Multicultural Cookbook: Food and Fun Around the World (Kids Can!)

Kids' Multicultural Cookbook: Food and Fun Around the World (Kids Can!)

4.31  ·  Rating Details  ·  29 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Kids' Multicultural Cookbook Offers an introduction to foods around the world. This title helps children to learn about other cultures through recipes for over 75 ethnic dishes. It includes such recipes as: Birthday Noodles with Peanut Sauce (China), Potato Champs (Ireland), Paprika Cheese Sticks (Hungary), Maori Bread (New Zealand), and Apple Pancakes (Germany). Full desc ...more
Published July 9th 2008 by Ideals Publishing Corporation,U.S. (first published September 1st 1995)

Julie Suzanne
My 10-year-old and I reading this all the way through and trying most of the recipes. We've learned some really cool facts about kids in other countries, and my son is absolutely taking off with the cooking. He cooked a Thai dish tonight for my parents, and was motivated to make a quick bread totally independently as well. I highly recommend this book to parents who want to provide a multi-cultural cooking course to their kids.
Celine Parker
Feb 10, 2011 Celine Parker rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another fantastic non-fiction book for kids from Williamson Publishing. I don't think this cookbook is in stores anymore, although many libraries seem to carry it. This book is interesting for adults as well, since it's full of delicious and cultural recipes. You also learn a thing or two about the world. The fondue recipe is one of my favorites.
Sundy
Nov 19, 2015 Sundy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: book
Ashley Correll
This is a children's cookbook with recipes from all over the world. Interesting facts are interspersed between teh recipes and pictures. Cultural tidbits about how children live, games they play and what they eat are included as well. You can choose some of the easier recipes, which are all rated based on difficulty, to cook in your classroom. Tzatziki from Greece or strawberry freezes from Cuba are som eexamples that don't require any cooking and children can manage with a little supervision.
Fun information, activities, and recipes from around the world, including suggestions for parties and celebrations that feature these international foods.
Shannon
Apr 18, 2009 Shannon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
great book cost efficient recipes me and my kids are still making recipes from this book from time to time
Lindsw
Feb 18, 2013 Lindsw rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you want diversity, this kid-friendly cookbook has it all!
Karen Williams
Karen Williams marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2016
chemteach
chemteach rated it liked it
Jan 08, 2016
Magie
Magie marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2015
Kate
Kate added it
Nov 10, 2015
Lorena Chabot
Lorena Chabot rated it it was amazing
Oct 21, 2015
Marcella Shadix
Marcella Shadix marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2015
Ben Yau
Ben Yau marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2015
Connie Cota
Connie Cota rated it it was amazing
Sep 08, 2015
Shelley
Shelley marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2015
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2015
Katie
Katie rated it really liked it
Jun 11, 2015
Laurie Zaleski
Laurie Zaleski rated it really liked it
Aug 19, 2015
Jaimie Longtine
Jaimie Longtine marked it as to-read
May 15, 2015
Ruth Ann Weiss
Ruth Ann Weiss marked it as to-read
May 12, 2015
Zanele Mbatha
Zanele Mbatha marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2015
Jojo
Jojo added it
Apr 06, 2015
Deanna Cook
Deanna Cook marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2015
Misterka Homeschool
Misterka Homeschool rated it liked it
Mar 28, 2015
Ashley Taylor
Ashley Taylor rated it it was amazing
Mar 12, 2015
Charlotte
Charlotte marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
Joline Moore
Joline Moore rated it it was amazing
Sep 30, 2014
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014