Start by marking “The Big Heat (Big, Bad Bounty Hunters, #2) (Harlequin Blaze, #367)” as Want to Read:
The Big Heat (Big, Bad Bounty Hunters, #2) (Harlequin Blaze, #367)

The Big Heat (Big, Bad Bounty Hunters, #2) (Big, Bad Bounty Hunters #2)

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  57 ratings  ·  5 reviews
This big, bad bounty hunter can handle anything. Or can he?Cade Stone can't believe Sunny Templeton. How did one sexy woman manage to get into so much trouble? Okay, so maybe she tried to take out a politician with her car. Who wouldn't do the same thing? But now it's landed her in jail, and the local media is out for blood. He's got to help her. That's just the kind of gu ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 256 pages
Published December 1st 2007 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about The Big Heat (Big, Bad Bounty Hunters, #2), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Big Heat (Big, Bad Bounty Hunters, #2)

Dina
This was a sweet, quick and forgettable read.

Cade and Sunny were nice, but there wasn't really much going on with them. The fact that they only met each other on Chapter 4 didn't help matters. Not that I expected to have them "jump into action" right away, but the 1st 3 chapters were like "wasted time" considering this was a Harlequin book, hence a short story, and every single page counts when one is expected to believe the hero and the heroine can fall in love so fast. I guess that was why the
MelissaB
Love this thought, I think it will be my new imagined punishment for romance heroes that piss me off (currently I am imagining them chopped into little pieces, put into a blender and hit purée thanks to Holly R)

"she had fantasized that Meek's penis would fall off in a very public place and then a group of rogue rabid squirrels would attack and gnaw his nuts off"

This book was worth it for that line alone.

Colleen (NerdyWoman) Kayter
Feb 03, 2008 Colleen (NerdyWoman) Kayter rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Colleen (NerdyWoman) by: Daisiemae
Shelves: quick-reads
This is a sweet, sexy story and I enjoyed it. Some of the dialog was humorous, some of the scenes erotic as I've come to expect from Jennifer LaBrecque, but this story had less conflict than is usually found in her better work.

Perhaps LaBrecque spoiled us early on with stories like Barely Mistaken and Daring in the Dark. Her readers have every reason to expect very witty dialog and very erotic love scenes.

Nonetheless, The Big Heat makes for a pleasant evening's reading.

A related story, Feeling t
John
I loved the author's humor, but when I finished it, I never really felt that the couple went THROUGH anything to get to the HEA. That really bothered me; the relationship was basically just fast-forwarded to the point where they have a bunch of hot sex and then have the HEA, as opposed to going through more personal issues and delving into that while having hot sex and reaching an HEA. The latter is more realistic, while the former leaves the reader wondering how dynamic the book they read actua ...more
Katie
If we could give half-stars, this would be 4.5 stars. I'm conflicted because this book was REALLY good, but I couldn't really get into it until page 60 or so. But once the story got moving, it was hot, emotional, brought tears near the end, and generally pulled the heartstrings. Definitely a keeper, and I'll be checking out any other books by this author.
Mindin
Mindin added it
Nov 28, 2014
Jean
Jean added it
Oct 24, 2014
diana burns
diana burns marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Stacy Robbins
Stacy Robbins marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Beerchen
Beerchen marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
Amy Wright
Amy Wright marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
Robin
Robin added it
May 20, 2014
*Mariska*Book*Crazy*
*Mariska*Book*Crazy* marked it as to-read
May 13, 2014
Ashely Rossetti
Ashely Rossetti marked it as to-read
May 12, 2014
Puna
Puna marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2014
Tracy
Tracy marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
First, let me say this is how I show up at my desk every morning to write. Dahling, I couldn’t possibly write a word unless I was wearing 3-inch heels with a Martini at hand. NOT!!! But it’s so different, and face it, infinitely less scarey than the way I usually work, running shorts and t-shirt with a cup of tea nearby, that I had to put this picture up.

I’ve been an avid reader ever since I was g
More about Jennifer LaBrecque...
Triple Threat Ripped! Highland Fling (Harlequin Blaze, #262) Northern Exposure In the Line of Fire (Harlequin Blaze #598) (Uniformly Hot!, #15)