Start by marking “American History Stories-- You Never Read in School-- But Should Have, Volume 2” as Want to Read:
American History Stories-- You Never Read in School-- But Should Have, Volume 2

American History Stories-- You Never Read in School-- But Should Have, Volume 2 (American History Stories-- You Never Read in School-- But Should Have #2)

This is the story of the birth of the nation, the signing of the U.S. Constitution, the War of 1812 and the struggles that followed.

Volume Two is a photo-reproduction of an original history book used in 1890 to teach our children the grandeur of the America vision.

These pages contain the stories of countless men, women and children who bravely built a new land into the

Published December 1st 2000 by Randall Company (first published January 1st 1997)

Be the first to ask a question about American History Stories-- You Never Read in School-- But Should Have, Volume 2

Caleb
Feb 02, 2015 Caleb rated it it was amazing
This is an excellent series of history books for young readers, but you don’t have to be a kid to enjoy them. You may be rusty on your American history, never learned it in the first place, or if you’re like me, you’re always on the lookout for good homeschooling materials.

I’ve read a lot of books like this over the years, ones meant to teach younger people about American history. I’m always struck by the attitudes of the writers, this series being no exception. These kinds of books saw the Ame
Amy
Jul 25, 2011 Amy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: youth
What the book lacks in good writing, it more than makes up for in good old fashioned patriotic stories. It even includes a picture of Joseph Smith, one of the few people pictured in the book who isn't a president or general. It's interesting that all the presidents discussed are treated with great respect in this book with the exception of President Van Buren who is held in contempt for not only the Extermination Order of the Mormons but also The Trail of Tears of the Cherokee Indians.
Doug Cannon
Jul 25, 2011 Doug Cannon rated it really liked it
These are very wonderful and inspiring stories. I loved reading them. In fact, I loved them so much, I searched and found an 1889 copy of Mara Pratts book and purchased it (I now have vol 1, 2 and 3 in 1889 and 1890 editions).

These stories are very short. I placed this book by my bed and I would read 1 or 2 stories each night.
Karen
Jul 25, 2011 Karen rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this volume just as much as volume 1...an excellent read. My only complaint is that I wish both books had been longer.
Peggy
Jul 25, 2011 Peggy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
This was great! I wish that I had learned history like this. Good read for adults and kids, especially as a read-aloud for younger kids. It is amazing what they will be able to comprehend.
Zeke
Zeke rated it it was ok
Mar 20, 2012
Shauna
Shauna rated it it was amazing
Dec 28, 2011
Resterwen
Resterwen rated it liked it
Jun 06, 2013
Heather Branstetter
Heather Branstetter rated it it was amazing
Feb 18, 2014
K.
K. rated it it was amazing
Ronell
Ronell rated it it was amazing
Gideon Otto
Gideon Otto rated it liked it
Apr 26, 2012
Stori
Stori rated it really liked it
Tiff
Tiff rated it really liked it
Zinger
Jul 25, 2011 Zinger rated it liked it
Shelves: 2009
Another good book for young kids and early readers with lots of interesting stories.
Penny
Penny rated it really liked it
E N Wiesner
E N Wiesner rated it it was amazing
Sep 04, 2016
Rochelle
Rochelle rated it it was amazing
Lisa
Lisa rated it liked it
Oct 13, 2016
Ginger
Ginger rated it liked it
Jun 10, 2012
Delona
Delona rated it really liked it
Diana
Diana rated it really liked it
Sep 15, 2016
John
John rated it really liked it
Oct 27, 2012
Mitchell
Mitchell rated it it was amazing
H.
H. rated it it was amazing
Oct 07, 2013
Jodi
Jodi rated it liked it
Madeline Friedman
Madeline Friedman rated it liked it
Jul 18, 2016
Misty Lynne
Misty Lynne rated it it was amazing
Amber
Amber rated it really liked it
Aug 04, 2016
She also wrote books as Mara Louise Pratt and under her married name as Mara Louise Pratt-Chadwick and Mara L. Pratt-Chadwick
More about Mara L. Pratt...

American History Stories-- You Never Read in School-- But Should Have (4 books)
  • American History Stories You Never Read in School but Should Have (Vol.1)
  • American History Stories, Volume III