Start by marking “Cinderella ” as Want to Read:
Cinderella

Cinderella (Ladybird tales)

4.06  ·  Rating Details  ·  306 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
A series of popular, traditional tales written in a simply way for children who are learning to read.
Published January 6th 1981 by Ladybird (first published December 1st 1964)

Charlotte's Web by E.B. WhiteThe Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson BurnettThe Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. LewisAnne of Green Gables by L.M. MontgomeryLittle Women by Louisa May Alcott
Favorite books from my childhood
382nd out of 3,450 books — 6,549 voters
Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice SendakGreen Eggs and Ham by Dr. SeussThe Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric CarleCharlotte's Web by E.B. WhiteThe Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein
Best children's books EVER
414th out of 1,155 books — 1,480 voters

More lists with this book...

Peter
Mar 30, 2016 Peter rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People enjoy real childrens books
Shelves: ladybird
Read this when I were very Likkle and tiny and even now the art is still superior and detailed compared to the cack that's coming out now.
☆Dani☆
Mar 07, 2015 ☆Dani☆ rated it really liked it
Cinderella is a classic story that has been and will be loved throughout the generations, similar to Breaking Bad. This is a great version, the language clear and simple, the pictures beautiful.

It all begins with a description of Cinderella's home life. She has two awful and ugly sisters who treat her horribly because they are jealous of her lovely nature and good looks. Which sounds just like my home life, actually, except I have three ugly sisters, not two. They make Cinderella do all the clea
Catherine Cheong
i read this book when i was really young. As young as i could remember, i loved this book because it sort of applies into my life as well and hoping for a happy ending in the future. And after all these years i'm still loving it and left home, found my prince charming and lived happily ever after.
Sham Issa
Oct 06, 2014 Sham Issa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
سندريلا، بأب حي ومن غير زوجة أب.
غريبة إلى حد ما.
Michele Brenton
May 13, 2012 Michele Brenton rated it it was ok
This book can be awarded the medal for making me feel totally and utterly ugly as child. I rather unrealistically took the pictures of the beautiful Cinderella in her increasingly gorgeous costumes as the benchmark of what a girl should aspire to look like. Even the picture of her in rags is unfeasibly breath-taking. I can remember every image vividly even though I haven't seen the book for over thirty years. It still makes me feel horribly inadequate.
Noirfifre
It is one of my childhood stories that I have stayed etched on my memory and heart. I just feel so connected to Cinderalla in that strange way. What makes me even more happy is the numerous enjoyable films that keep coming because of this enduring story.
Sweetdhee
May 24, 2010 Sweetdhee rated it really liked it
love,love,love,love the ilustrations.. A bit diff with the other cindy's stories,in this book there are three ballroom parties.. The gowns are beautiful,cindy is beautiful eventhough she's in a filty dirty grey dress..
Claire
Jan 04, 2011 Claire added it
This is my favourite fairy tale book, I love this version of the Cinderella story and the illustrations. I am trying to get a copy of it for my daughter, any help would be appreciated.
Den
Jan 27, 2012 Den rated it it was ok
I had this story read to me as a child and read all the Ladybird books to my children when they were young and am now sharing them with the children in schools.
Simone
Dec 02, 2012 Simone added it
Shelves: 1980s, children
I remember vividly just LOVING the dresses in this book!! To my child’s eye, they were soooo beautiful!!
Steven
Jun 19, 2013 Steven rated it it was ok
Cinderella. The ugly step sisters. Prince Charming. The glass slipper. Pumpkin.
Shahmeer Baweja
I read this book a long time ago!!
Demeny
Dec 31, 2011 Demeny rated it it was amazing
A#1.
tiffany greenwood
tiffany greenwood rated it it was amazing
Aug 24, 2016
Whitney
Whitney rated it liked it
Aug 11, 2016
Carmel McElroy
Carmel McElroy rated it it was amazing
Aug 04, 2016
Kk Mai
Kk Mai marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2016
Denise
Denise added it
Jul 18, 2016
james mcquilliam
james mcquilliam rated it liked it
Jul 15, 2016
Kathy Wu
Kathy Wu rated it really liked it
Jul 08, 2016
Kathleen
Kathleen marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2016
Samantha Bernard
Samantha Bernard rated it really liked it
Jul 01, 2016
Tina
Tina marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2016
Bartolomy
Bartolomy rated it it was amazing
Jun 28, 2016
Levi
Levi rated it it was amazing
Jun 27, 2016
Sarah rated it liked it
Jul 04, 2016
Susan Dasilva
Susan Dasilva marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2016
Celeste
Celeste marked it as to-read
May 31, 2016
  • The Magic Porridge Pot (Well-Loved Tales)
  • Frederick's Fables : A Treasury of 16 Favorite Leo Lionni Stories
  • Tyrannosaurus Drip
  • Mrs. Pepperpot Stories
  • The Three Billy Goats Gruff
  • The Peppermint Pig
  • Old Peter's Russian Tales
  • The St. Clare's Story Collection
  • Sleeping Beauty (Disney Classic Series)
  • My Naughty Little Sister (Naughty Little Sister, #1)
  • The Ascent of Everest
  • Little Red Riding Hood, Cinderella & Other Classic Fairy Tales of Charles Perrault
  • The Twelve Dancing Princesses
  • Becky Bananas: This is your life! (Diary, #2)
  • The Haunted House
  • Spot Goes to School (color)
  • The Whitby Witches (The Whitby Witches, #1)
  • Always and Forever

Ladybird tales (4 books)
  • Jack and the Beanstalk (Well Loved Tales)
  • The Ugly Duckling