Start by marking “What Would Buddha Do?: 101 Answers to Life's Daily Problems” as Want to Read:
What Would Buddha Do?: 101 Answers to Life's Daily Problems

What Would Buddha Do?: 101 Answers to Life's Daily Problems

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  202 ratings  ·  23 reviews
Fresh off the shelf copy!
Published October 4th 1999 by Ulysses Press (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about What Would Buddha Do?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What Would Buddha Do?

Lorann
I was so disappointed by this book. I had such high hopes that it would be one of those 'you've got to read this great little book' books. But alas, it was just a fluffy little bit of self-indulgent drivel. The author couldn't decide where to go with this - a lite comedy? A self-help? A bit of ponderous wisdom? It tries to be all and succeeds at none...
Sadly, I would recommend this to no one.
Maria
This book was despicable. As a Buddhist, never had I been so disgusted by such a book about it.
First, Metcalf was right when introducing this book only as his viewpoints. Some of the things he wrote were very unclear and difficult to infer his meaning.
Second, he worships the Dalai Lama, a politician. A. Fucking. Politician. I am offended and dismayed that he agrees to political involvement being okay according to Buddhism. The very idea of politics is rotten with lies, deceit, and corruption. Bu
Libby
An alternative to the "What Would Jesus Do?" Industry. This book has its roots in the basics of Buddhism and offers some useful perspectives on modern dilemmas. I guess "serious" Buddhists might find this book frivolous or simplistic but I found it to be refreshingly honest and warm.
Ramzi
Amazing insights on how to address issues at working place, this book emphasizes on human management, which is predominantly the delicate side of any organization and the backbone. Great Read!
Hal
An interesting little book that probes many of life's questions and concerns from the Buddhist point of view. Worthwhile for anyone curious of what the religion/philosophy has to offer.
Awakeatone
Asna
I read this book because I kind of lost in facing life at the time. After reading it, I still got lost at some parts because I just barely understand the meaning hahaha Take your time when reading this. It needs some time to apprehension, but once you got it, it gives different perspective of life, feeling and act, which I like it.
Isaac
A book that does link the teachings of jesus and buddha. It is not one of those books where we are subjected to the teachings of the buddha but this book is rather the kind where is educates people about morales in lives. In orther words, it's quote on the cover page is similar to "what is the best option if ......?"
Maria Mendoza
Me pareció un libro entretenido, con muchas frases budistas para reflexionar y sonreír, pero no esperen hallar las respuestas para solucionar la vida. Lo mejor del libro es que recomienda es una sencilla introducción al mundo del budismo y recomienda muchos libros para todos los niveles de interés.
Caecilia Risma
Dec 07, 2007 Caecilia Risma rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Semua pekerja yang mempunyai dilema menghadapi suasana kerja.
Logis dan realistik. Sangat mendukung pencerahan diri dalam menghadapi haru-biru dunia kerja. Anda tidak harus menjadi penganut Buddha setelah membaca buku ini.. Secara pribadi, dengan menerapkan solusi-solusi di dalamnya, seperti melakukan meditasi penyembuhan. A must have item.
David
Wonderful book and much that really made me stop and think. I can highly recommend this book, it helped me a lot. Maybe you aren't ready for it yet but give it a shot, maybe the buddha in your mind will open up too.
Meredith
fluffy buddhist information. started out interesting but I lost interest in many of the questions as the book went out. skimmed through and read questions and answers to the questions that were of interest to me.
Christine
Not a good introduction to Buddhism and I doubt Buddha himself would approve of many of the things in this book. Buddha being okay with meat eating? That goes against every Buddhist principle.
Paige
The answers given were very open-ended, which can be somewhat frustrating. But this ambiguity seems to be part of the nature of Buddhism itself.
Ryan
Al
This is one of those cutesy Western Buddhist books a clueless person might give you as a gift.
Kylene Jones
Was somewhat disappointed in this book. Mainly it was common sense stuff.
Dharma Iswara
In front of an angry bosses...or a crazy lecturer...this is worth to be read...
Alexis
Lovely little thoughts and directions to frame your life around.
Mariah
Jul 08, 2008 Mariah rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone
A great book of peaceful answers to everyday modern dilemma's.
Maiakaiser
Just skimming so far, but looks like a giant disappointment.
edypekalongan
so many wisdom in this book, simple and practical.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • The Energy of Prayer: How to Deepen Your Spiritual Practice
  • The Little Zen Companion
  • The Leader's Way: Business, Buddhism And Happiness In An Interconnected World
  • The Complete Idiot's Guide to Zen Living
  • A Glimpse of Nothingness: Experiences in an American Zen Community
  • Get a Life, Not a Job: Do What You Love and Let Your Talents Work for You
  • Buddhism: A Concise Introduction
  • Prisoners of Our Thoughts: Viktor Frankl's Principles for Discovering Meaning in Life and Work
  • A Gradual Awakening
  • Buddhism for Busy People: Finding Happiness in an Uncertain World
  • Christ the Eternal Tao
  • A Year of Living Consciously: 365 Daily Inspirations for Creating a Life of Passion and Purpose
  • An End to Suffering: The Buddha in the World
  • Blue Jean Buddha: Voices of Young Buddhists
  • The Colors of Magic (Magic: The Gathering: Anthology, #4)
  • Darsan: Seeing the Divine Image in India
  • Is There a God?
  • Now Is the Time: 170 Ways to Seize the Moment
Buddha in Your Backpack: Everyday Buddhism for Teens Being Buddha at Work: 108 Ancient Truths on Change, Stress, Money, and Success Just Add Buddha!: Quick Buddhist Solutions for Hellish Bosses, Traffic Jams, Stubborn Spouses, and Other Annoyances of Everyday Life