Start by marking “First-Time Quiltmaking: Learning to Quilt in Six Easy Lessons” as Want to Read:
First-Time Quiltmaking: Learning to Quilt in Six Easy Lessons

First-Time Quiltmaking: Learning to Quilt in Six Easy Lessons

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  22 ratings  ·  6 reviews
This is a "getting-started-in-quilting" book that begins at the beginning and teaches the needed basics in a langauge that is straight-forward and understandable. Based on actual classes with beginners, this first quilting book presents information in teach-me, show-me text and photos that work. Where other books present too much information that can overwhelm a beginner, ...more
Spiral-bound, 112 pages
Published April 26th 2006 by Landauer Corporation

To ask other readers questions about First-Time Quiltmaking, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about First-Time Quiltmaking

Nov 11, 2014 Kerry rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Kerry by: Jennifer Knode
I should probably hold off on rating this until I actually make a quilt, and see how well the quilt turns out. But anyway, Jenny Knode learned to quilt from this book, and turned out to be an excellent quilter, so I read it too! And I've finally actually read the whole thing.

I'll let you know how my quilt turns out!
Good especially for finishing techniques and helpful hints along the way.
I am not someone who sews often- but have done the occasional project for gifts or for around the house. I had lost my original beginner quilting book & bought this one as a reference when making a baby quilt for a gift. This book is very clear & good for beginners. The only thing I did not like is the way the book did the borders/bindings- my old book had a much simpler way of doing the borders (thicker border strip, not a skinny binding) & they came out looking much better. I had a ...more
This is a great beginners quilting reference. Great illustrations, easy text tofollow.
Emily Myers
Fantastic book with easy to follow instructions, diagrams and photographs. This seems like a valuable reference that any quilter would want to keep around to refer back to when needed.
Jamie Harris
My quilting class used this book to teach us beginning quilting. Very easy to read with lots of pictures. We made a 3x3 foot baby quilt as our first one!
Deloris Wilson
Deloris Wilson marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2015
Becky marked it as to-read
May 31, 2015
Jackie marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
Renée added it
Feb 05, 2015
karen marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2014
Carrie Weatherford
Carrie Weatherford marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
cj added it
Jun 01, 2014
Michelle is currently reading it
Feb 09, 2014
Libby marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2014
Kathy added it
Nov 24, 2013
Maureen Grimley
Maureen Grimley marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2013