Start by marking “Change the World for a Fiver” as Want to Read:
Change the World for a Fiver

Change the World for a Fiver

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  51 ratings  ·  6 reviews
This title marks the launch of We Are What We Do, a national movement that aims to inspire people to use everyday actions to change the world. It has illustrations of 50 everyday actions presented with directness, whimsy and wit.
Published September 16th 2004 by Short Books (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Change the World for a Fiver, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Change the World for a Fiver

Liisa
Apr 17, 2008 Liisa rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone
I loved this book!! "Change the World for a Fiver" (incidentally also the cost of the book) is filled with 50 fun ways (action points) to improve the world we live in.

Saving the planet has become en vogue and I have found some books to be stuffy and repetitive. However "Change the World for a Fiver" looks at a bigger picture and also approaches changing the world (your world) from every aspect rather than just environmentally.

Some action points from this and their other book, "Change the World
Katie
Jun 18, 2013 Katie rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2013
I'm all for making small changes to my lifestyle- but to claim that any of this is world changing stuff is ridiculous. There's nothing in here that anyone hasn't heard before.

A lot of the tips are also pretty conflicting, e.g. on one page they're telling you to take the bus instead of the car, on another they're telling you to give way to other drivers. To give another example, on one page they're telling you to use less paper and give away books, on another they're telling you to buy more copie
Martin De Mello
50 actions to change the world and make you feel good. That's what it says. Does some of what it says on the tin.

Not gonna change the mind of anyone who's mind hasn't already been changed. Some of the 'actions'useful and doable, some not so.

Worth reading through, picking up what you want and passing the book on.
Jeff
Jun 22, 2009 Jeff is currently reading it
Easy read, some thought provoking items, a pick up and read a couple of pages and then leave it on the coffee table for the next time the ads come on the TV.
Helen Apocalypse
Hmmm - most of these ways to change the world for a fiver are pretty obvious. A nicely presented book though :)
Gin Gil
It reminds me of the little things we can do to make an impact :)
Tempest Devyne
Tempest Devyne marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2014
AppliedWorks
AppliedWorks is currently reading it
Jul 01, 2014
Doris
Doris added it
Mar 24, 2014
Aisyach Iii
Aisyach Iii marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
31 Ways to Change the World Change the World for Ten Bucks: small actions x lots of people = big change Teach Your Granny To Text And Other Ways To Change The World (We Are What We Do)