Start by marking “Sweetie Baby Cookie Honey” as Want to Read:
Sweetie Baby Cookie Honey

Sweetie Baby Cookie Honey

Only an insider could have written this dazzling drama of power, greed and corruption at the highest levels of the music business. Sweeping across thirty years of the popular music experience that has transformed all our lives, Sweetie Baby Cookie Honey tells the story of the rise and fall, comeback, and ultimate destruction of an international superstar.

Freddie Gershon ha
Published January 1st 1987 by Guild Publishing (first published 1986)

To ask other readers questions about Sweetie Baby Cookie Honey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sweetie Baby Cookie Honey

Sidna
Oct 22, 2011 Sidna rated it it was ok
Recently I was cleaning out my bookshelves and found this book that I bought at a used book sale several years ago. I decided to read it before putting it in the bag to take to the used book store.

Author Freddie Gershon was a music industry lawyer. On the cover flap, Gossip colmunist Liz Smith says he "has written the most sizzling property to come along in years. It's going to blow the lid off." This book, written in 1986, covers stars in the music and movie industries from 1962 to 1981.

It is
Mark Speed
Mar 23, 2014 Mark Speed rated it it was ok
I was just writing a review of Valley of the Dolls when this novel popped into my head. Written by a guy who was in the entertainment industry, it's a bit of a knock-off of the aforementioned classic. Fun read, but nothing memorable.
Stephen- Craig
Mar 22, 2014 Stephen- Craig rated it it was amazing
Freddie Gershon should be a legend in the entertainment industry....His real life stories are far better than anyone's in the industry today. This book, though a "novel", is actually a kind of biography of the lives and early beginnings of himself and a few of his best friends Neil Sedaka (would renound Hit song writer and entertainer) and Bette Midler....whose personna and talent need no introduction or description (sorry Bette!...LOL ! )... If you are interested in one of the early beginnings ...more
Matt
Jan 23, 2010 Matt rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thanks-eric, 2010
I went into this book with only the expectation that there would be a lot of sex, as the critics described, and little else. I was wrong. The book was well written and fast-paced with little bursts of adrenaline here and there from the random sex, drugs, and alcohol strewn throughout the storyline. There was nothing intellectually challenging within the book; it was more like watching a fun and easy-going B+ movie from the 80's - not that it's a bad thing, just that's what it was. Regardless, it ...more
Cathi95
Sep 30, 2013 Cathi95 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2013
(Fiction, 1986) Follows four youths from Brooklyn in 1956 as they attempt to "make it big" in music, two as musicians and two as music business personas. Their stories definitely parallel many musicians' stories, but it was interesting to read about the ups and downs of their lives into the 1980's. Unfortunately, it just falls a bit short of really engaging me emotionally.
NancyInWI
Apr 25, 2009 NancyInWI rated it liked it
Shelves: library
I remember I came upon this book just by perusing the shelves at my local library. The title caught my eye. I don't remember much else about it...I read it 15 years ago...other than it was about the Hollywood and music scene in the 50's to the 80's.
Hillery
May 14, 2013 Hillery rated it liked it
A fun, trashy beach read about 4 friends in the music industry from the late '50s through the early '80s, when it was written. Got the paperback at a yard sale for fifty cents.
Michael Toellner
Michael Toellner rated it it was amazing
Sep 14, 2016
Stacy
Stacy marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2016
Yesenia
Yesenia is currently reading it
Apr 05, 2016
Jaycalynn
Jaycalynn marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2016
Traci
Traci rated it liked it
Feb 12, 2016
Jane
Jane rated it really liked it
Feb 04, 2016
Virginia Bartoli
Virginia Bartoli rated it really liked it
Feb 02, 2016
Kat46
Kat46 added it
Oct 17, 2015
Megan Glass
Megan Glass marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2015
Richard
Richard rated it it was amazing
Sep 09, 2015
Cheryl Scaccio
Cheryl Scaccio rated it liked it
Aug 26, 2015
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2015
Lesley
Lesley added it
Jun 11, 2015
KayJay
KayJay rated it liked it
May 22, 2015
Ruth
Ruth rated it it was amazing
Nov 02, 2015
Eileen Campbell
Eileen Campbell rated it did not like it
Jan 03, 2015
Lila Honaker
Lila Honaker rated it it was ok
Dec 17, 2014
Cat Kelley
Cat Kelley rated it liked it
Nov 22, 2014
Rich
Rich rated it did not like it
Nov 12, 2014
Helen
Helen rated it it was ok
Jul 30, 2014