Start by marking “The Actual Real Reality of Jennifer James” as Want to Read:
The Actual Real Reality of Jennifer James

The Actual Real Reality of Jennifer James

Jennifer James is your everyday brainy, unpopular girl. When a reality TV show chooses her school as the subject of a new show, Jennifer is surprised to be chosen as a participant. The grand prize is entry into the elite St. Willibald's College, and Jennifer's determined to win. But it's not so easy, especially when there are the complications of:

•a blonde bombshell rival
Published August 1st 2006 by Katherine Tegen Books

To ask other readers questions about The Actual Real Reality of Jennifer James, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Actual Real Reality of Jennifer James

Caitlin Jeffers
Nov 09, 2007 Caitlin Jeffers rated it liked it
Recommends it for: People who enjoy reading girly books
I really like this book so far. It is about a young nerdy girl who goes out for a reality show that is coming to her school. And along the way she makes a few enemies and finds herself falling in love.
Rivka Ray
Jan 14, 2015 Rivka Ray rated it liked it
This was a cute funny book. As expected, it was unrealistic. It did show that reality TV is often not reality. It was a fun light read. I don't read too many of those, and I found it a fun and enjoyable break from my usual reading.
Jennifer Wardrip
Apr 29, 2008 Jennifer Wardrip rated it really liked it
Reviewed by Randstostipher "tallnlankyrn" Nguyen for TeensReadToo.com

What do you get when you take the idea for an in-school reality TV show and cross it with a character reminiscent of Louise Rennison's Georgia Nicolson? One of the freshest and cutest novels around, THE ACTUAL REAL REALITY OF JENNIFER JAMES.

Jennifer James is not the most popular girl in her not-so-posh school, London Road Comprehensive. Boys may not necessarily notice her and her family may not come from money. But the one thin
Charlotte Cyprus
Dec 10, 2014 Charlotte Cyprus rated it liked it
Shelves: not-recommended
The good:
Overall, it’s an amusing read if you don’t think too much about it. It makes fun of reality shows and provides an afternoon’s entertainment (or longer, depending how fast you read).

There are some interesting characters. There were only a few times when a name was mentioned and I had to think hard about who that person actually was, despite the large cast.

It did the diary thing pretty well. You still could feel like it was a real story, but there was a lot of narrating rather than just s
Apr 30, 2012 Jennifer rated it liked it
True rating: 3.5 stars.

It was hard to get my head around the fact that a reality TV show would be allowed to enter a high school, invade the lives of minors, and alter the teaching/learning process by using non-certified teachers in the classrooms. In fact, I never did fully accept the premise. However, our heroine, Jennifer, was interesting enough that I wanted to keep reading her story. Only a couple of other characters came to life -- Marcus, her love interest, Sir Harvey, and Oggy Ogden (a t
Lindsey Byster
May 28, 2012 Lindsey Byster rated it really liked it
Shelves: fourth-quarter
This book was pretty good! I would and did give it four stars! I really liked it because the story was so real and believable. I admire Jennifer's confidence and strength throughout the book, and I really enjoyed the unique personality of all of the characters. It was fun to listen to what happened during the story, and it was interesting to see what the outcome was.

The plot of this book was that Jennifer's school is about to be featured on a reality television show where celebrities, teachers,
Anna
Aug 13, 2013 Anna rated it liked it
It was cute. The Brit-speak was a little confusing. I really want to know what "whilst" means, now. But Jenny was down to earth and really connectible. Some of the twists thrown in were a bit confusing. Like the marriage of an unnamed "bosom on legs" and a two-bit singer/actor.
Kim
Jan 21, 2012 Molly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty good pretty predictable
Marta
Nov 04, 2010 Marta rated it really liked it
This was acutally my first book that I read that was set in England. I liked it, but I just had to look up a few words!
Mahina
Mahina rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2008
Thelilyfy
Thelilyfy rated it really liked it
Oct 19, 2013
Anastasia Potemkina
Anastasia Potemkina rated it it was ok
Jan 19, 2014
Heather Janson
Heather Janson rated it really liked it
Jul 14, 2015
Sabrina
Jun 24, 2010 Sabrina added it
Shelves: ya, chick-flick
really good!! cute story!!!! =DDD 'star'
Gabrielle Schiffler
Gabrielle Schiffler rated it liked it
Jul 02, 2012
Meredith
Meredith rated it it was amazing
Sep 23, 2012
Eeger Lee
Eeger Lee rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2013
Rachel
Rachel rated it it was ok
Jul 20, 2011
The Loft
The Loft rated it really liked it
May 21, 2009
Cheryl Sitmer
Cheryl Sitmer rated it liked it
May 09, 2016
Tracey
Tracey rated it liked it
Aug 26, 2011
michelle
michelle rated it it was ok
May 28, 2008
Kristina
Kristina rated it really liked it
Aug 09, 2012
Piriyah T
Piriyah T rated it really liked it
Jul 04, 2014
Angel Teodoro
Angel Teodoro rated it liked it
Sep 08, 2012
Chrissy
Chrissy rated it liked it
Jun 25, 2010
Catherine
Catherine rated it really liked it
Jun 05, 2009
Cameron
Cameron rated it liked it
Mar 03, 2012
Madeline
Jan 09, 2009 Madeline rated it really liked it
Shelves: ok-books
This was a cute book, I enjoyd reading it
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Zali Luna: Movie Star
  • Lily B. on the Brink of Paris
  • Grosse Pointe Girl: Tales from a Suburban Adolescence
  • Cyberpunk
  • Deep in the Heart of High School
  • Gucci Girls (Project Fashion)
  • Snitch
  • Funny Little Monkey
  • The Pillow Book of Lotus Lowenstein
  • My Mother Is a French Fry and Further Proof of My Fuzzed-Up Life
  • All The Hopeful Lovers
  • The Space Between
  • A Greek God at the Ladies' Club
  • How I Saved My Father's Life (And Ruined Everything Else)
  • Twisted Arrangement 3 (Twisted #3)
  • Four Things My Geeky-Jock-Of-A-Best-Friend Must Do in Europe
  • Poser
  • The Good Girl's Guide to Getting Kidnapped
Gillian Shields was born and brought up in Yorkshire, in the north of England. As she grew up, she had two passions:books and theater. Gillian’s love of books led her to read English at St. Catharine's College, Cambridge. After university she studied acting in London. She then taught in a drama school, the Academy of Live and Recorded Arts, for several years, becoming Vice Principal. She recently ...more
More about Gillian Shields...