Start by marking “Superbird Level 2” as Want to Read:
Superbird Level 2

Superbird Level 2

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  32 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Award-winning original fiction for learners of English. At seven levels, from Starter to Advanced, this impressive selection of carefully graded readers offers exciting reading for every student's capabilities. A spaceship crashes on a strange planet. The only survivor, Mary Mount, is taken prisoner by an alien civilization. In time she is allowed to return to her old plan ...more
Published April 1st 1999 by Cambridge University Press

To ask other readers questions about Superbird Level 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Superbird Level 2

Mitsuki Mizutani
1. Publisher/Level: CAMBRIDGE/2
2. 05/17=50minutes, 5/20=70minutes
3. Seven-word summery: Superbird, ship, crash, human, Earth, smiling,back

4.(a): "I saw lots of small people. They were all white, except one which was black; and they had four legs. They were eating something green in the sand." This words are very interesting. Mary Mount who came back from the earth said this words, when she saw sheep.

(b): I like this scene. Firstly, I read these words, I couldn't understand what she talked abou
Haruka Sakai
1:Cambridge, Level 2

2:5/27=13minutes, 5/28=56minutes total=69minutes

3:Superbird, lights, the with yellow hair, the four-legged people, Earth, Big Bird, new life

4:a)The seane that Mary and Sam met again.
b)This seane moved me, so I like this seane.

5:Beggining of this story, I thought the charcters were people. However, there were some strange words and pictures in this story. For example, four-legged people, the picture of alien and so on. Finally, I undersood the characters were aliens! This sto
Rie Shimizu
1. Cambridge level 2

2. 5/20=90minutes

3. twenty years ago, superbird, crash, earth, human, gun, again

4. a. But then another person, a person with four legs ran towards me. This one was brown and small; and it had long hair. It shouted very loudly in a strange voice.

b. At first, I imagined a strange alien, but in fact this was a dog! I was surprised.

5. This book was written in a news and interview form. At the beginning, It took time for me to understand this story, so I was confused. The reason
文弥 坂本
1.Level 2 Cambridge
2.4/26 40min 4/29 40min
3.1,Superbird 2,Guns 3,Earth 4,humans 5,Dog 6,Mary 7,Planet
4.We didnt scream anymore. I smiled at the yellow-haired person and it smiled at me.
I like this passage because they both smiled right after they were screaming. I thought they are similar and alike.

5.I thought this book is talking about human goes to other planet and crash, but it was actually the story about aliens. As soon as I realized that this book talks about human from alien's view, I was
Naomi Mori
1.Level2, Cambridge
2.5/240minutes, 5/450minutes
3.twenty years ago, lightning, bigger, small people, yello-haired, English, earth
4.a)When I got near the house I saw lots of small people. They had four legs.
b)I thought it is so strange because human have two arms and two legs so it
is diffrent from people. Just animal I thought.
5. First, I thought main character is human and story is from the side of human,
but it was the side of a being from outer space. I noticed that in middle when I
Himawari Ogawa

1. Publisher; Brian Tomlinson
Company; Cambridge university press

2, Time; 12/18 33mins
12/19 52mins

3, alien,earth,travel,people,language,dead,again

4, If you meet an alien, what do you want to ask it??
If I meet it, I want to ask about the house that it lives in.
I guess that it is a house of future!!
Where do you want to travel if you can choose everywhere you want to do??
Now I want to go to NY!!! It is because I want to see Christmas tree in front of a skating rink!! It is the biggest C
Nisa Nur
İt was a good book.This time we can see the evens from other sides.I mean usually in science fiction books ,evens happen around the people but in there evens happen around the aliens.Also there are many surprise in this book.Mary Mount represent the bridge between humans and aliens.She is an alien and astronaut.She went a journey and she meet the people.We can learn these from a news program.
Haruka Fujimoto
1. Level2 Cambridge
2. 11/20 20min. 11/22 30min. 11/24 25min
3. Superbird-alien-Mary-accident-shoot-superbird2-kill
4a. Lake who is capten of superbird2 killed aliens.
4b. He lost his friend who is died by alien. I think he really angry with them.
5. I think it is easy to read, but it is little hard to understand.
Yuto Yuasa
1. Brian Tomlinson, CAMBRIDGE, Level2

2. 5/17 15minutes
5/20 25minutes
5/21 25minutes
5/22 20minutes
Total 85 minutes

3. Alien spaceship friends soldier Radio gun President

4. In this story some poeple get along with aliens. Can you get along with the aliens if you meet them?
- I think no because they will attack me to invade the earth.
How about you??

5. I have never read the book which was made by interview. I could arrange the story easily. Mary Mount is a good person because she learns English
Takahiko Masuda
1.Brian Tomlinson,Cambridge,Level 2
4.Do you want to travel in space? Why?
MY answer; Yes,I do. That's beacuse I float in zero gravity.
5.The genre of this story is SF, I think. This book is written interview style. This style is very intersting for me. Old woman who came back from the journey told interviewer of her experience, meeting alians etc. This book is "happy end"story. Please read this book.
CAMBRIDGE, level 2.
Time 9/30=55min. 10/1=45min. total=100min.
Seven word summary / alien, spaceship, home, friends, gun, radio, soldier

Q. Do you believe Alien?
A.Yes, I believe Alien because many people see UFO!

This story is written by side of "alien". First, I thought this story is side of human. So I couldn't understand this story. But halfway, I noticed this story is side of alien. Afer I noticed that, I could understand this story:) I enjoyed reading!
Genki Aisa
superbird: Brian Tomlinson
100 minutes
Cambridge level 2
earth, alien, ship, girl, relationship, dog and space.

Do you belive in alien?
I do not belive in alien because if there are alien in the space, human being must find out them.
If you met alien that are in trouble, would you help them?
Never, because I am shy. I do not want to have relationship with stranger. However, if they ask me to help, I would be happy to help them.

Q. Can you believe alian of existence?
A. No, I can't. I think there are no alian. Only human beings exist all over the pranet.

This story is funny constructure. There are questions and main character's answer. But it is compricated story. I can't understand a little. Arian and human on earth are good friends. It is great.
Francis Marchan
i love it
Ghabriella Anzharia
Ghabriella Anzharia marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2015
INACIO RIBEIRO marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2015
Aidi L-Deathnote
Aidi L-Deathnote marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2015
Ildar Imangulov
Ildar Imangulov marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2015
Lian Eveline
Lian Eveline marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2015
Hei Ar
Hei Ar is currently reading it
Oct 27, 2015
Meme marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2015
Nikolay110 marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2015
Antonio marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2015
Viann Chan
Viann Chan marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2015
Tallche marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2015
Sly is currently reading it
Aug 29, 2015
Mary Rueda Castillo
Mary Rueda Castillo marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2015
Maggie Pun
Maggie Pun marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2015