Start by marking “Logan Temple: The First 100 Years” as Want to Read:
Logan Temple: The First 100 Years

Logan Temple: The First 100 Years

274 pages
Published 1983 by Keith W. Watkins and Sons, Inc. (first published 1978)

To ask other readers questions about Logan Temple, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Logan Temple

Margaret
Apr 18, 2010 Margaret rated it really liked it
Alan Marchant
Nov 24, 2009 Alan Marchant rated it really liked it
By contemporary standards, this book is a documentary, not a history. It is an affectionate compilation of stories related to the construction (and reconstruction) of the beautiful Mormon Temple that remains the visual and cultural axis of Cache Valley.

If you live in Cache Valley, this book provides fascinating insights into the lifestyles, values, and perspectives of the 2nd generation. It will reinforce your appreciation for their sacrifices.

You can find this book in library collections throug
Dad
Jun 13, 2011 Dad rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lds
I love the stories of the Logan Temple. It has been a part of my life. My dad and other relatives told us stories about this temple and its first President: Marriner Wood Merrill, my 2nd great grandfather. There are some miraculous happenings but such is the work of the Lord. I was born near the temple but grew up in Roy. I have since returned to be sealed there to my wife Kristy. We do temple ordinances there for my ancestors. It is still a beautiful and unique building.
Cynthia
Jan 03, 2014 Cynthia rated it really liked it
I loved the inside stories of the events and people connected to the building of the this temple. I had heard the story of the legions of satan appearing on the temple grounds and being commanded to leave, but to read the actual account from the temple president was chilling. Cache valley has always held a special place in my heart.
Becky
Jan 04, 2015 Becky rated it really liked it
We were close friends of the son of Nolan Olsen the author of this book. We heard him speak in a fireside about some of the events that transpired. I knew I had to have this book and have read it several times over the years. Wonderful uplifting historical accounts of the history of the building of the temple and the people who were in Logan and were blessed by the temple in their midst.
Art
Aug 29, 2012 Art rated it really liked it
Enjoyed all the stories about the beautiful Logan Temple. Although the Salt Lake Temple is still my favorite temple, I have developed a love for the Logan Temple and appreciate all the sacrifices people made in the late 1800s to build it.
Kathleen Hatch
Mar 23, 2014 Kathleen Hatch rated it it was amazing
Very interesting and uplifting. This is a history of the building, re-building and operations of the Logan Temple. Lots of stories are also included that have been passed down over the years, many spiritual, some humorous but all very inspiring.
Kathy Schroder
Nov 15, 2010 Kathy Schroder rated it it was amazing
Really loved it. I have to say I kind of skimmed the first half of it because it described where they got the mortar, wood, stones, etc... and I just wanted to read some of the neat stories in it. Really good!
Jeffrey
I liked this book. It gave a flavor of what it was like to live in Cash Valley. The spiritual stories were fun to read. My Grandmother who was daughter to one of the Presidents told me many more stories. I loved them all.
Nancy Hubbard
Jan 21, 2013 Nancy Hubbard rated it liked it
I read through this today and found a few ancestors that had contributed to the building of the Temple in many ways.
Donilyn
Donilyn rated it really liked it
Aug 29, 2008
DreamPacker
DreamPacker rated it liked it
Jun 12, 2015
Lesli Dustin
Lesli Dustin rated it liked it
Feb 09, 2010
Becky
Becky rated it it was amazing
Mar 23, 2008
Misty Bown
Misty Bown rated it it was amazing
Nov 09, 2014
Whittney
Whittney rated it it was ok
Jan 27, 2009
Mark
Mark rated it it was amazing
Aug 20, 2015
Zachary
Zachary rated it liked it
Jan 07, 2010
Chris Hansen
Chris Hansen rated it it was amazing
Jan 20, 2008
Sheena
Sheena rated it really liked it
Apr 23, 2010
Kiesha
Kiesha rated it really liked it
Mar 17, 2010
Kim Madsen
Kim Madsen rated it really liked it
Jan 18, 2016
M'jean
M'jean rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2008
Tami
Jan 13, 2009 Tami rated it really liked it
Interesting and Educational
Lorie
Lorie rated it really liked it
Nov 25, 2009
Melissa
Sep 02, 2011 Melissa rated it it was amazing
I loved the stories and pictures in this book!
Stephanie Webber
Stephanie Webber rated it it was amazing
Nov 24, 2008
Paul
Paul rated it it was amazing
Feb 02, 2011
M
M rated it really liked it
Mar 01, 2013
Cynthia Egbert
Cynthia Egbert rated it really liked it
Apr 03, 2015