Start by marking “Creation in Death (In Death, #25)” as Want to Read:
Creation in Death (In Death, #25)

Creation in Death (In Death #25)

4.33  ·  Rating Details ·  17,631 Ratings  ·  606 Reviews
Eve has seen this crime scene before: the artfully arranged body of a young brunette, arms spread, palms up, body marked by the signs of prolonged and painful torture. Carved into her torso is the time it took her to die - in hours, minutes, and seconds. And on the third finger of her left hand has been placed a silver ring.

Eve is catapulted back to a case nine years earli
Audio CD, 12 pages
Published November 6th 2007 by Brilliance Audio (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Creation in Death, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Creation in Death

Jilly
Aug 24, 2016 Jilly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
A very creepy serial killer who was on the hunt ten years ago and is now back to pick up his "work". And, this time he has planned to make Eve part of his work. She is supposed to be his last piece before he retires.

Well, good luck with that, Mr. Serial Killer! Many have tried, but none have killed Eve yet. She's pretty unkillable. As a matter of fact, her luck is sometimes TOO good. I am wondering if the past/future dream of a Robocop really did come true.

Oh my gosh, she is Robocop! She says t
Aly is so frigging bored
2nd read 19-21 January 2016

1st read 17-19 September 2013
In this one we see Eve and Roarke working even more closely together. On that point, I have a feeling he's not coming back to the precinct any time soon.
Diane
Feb 24, 2016 Diane rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a despicable serial killer! Really like this book - it has Eve and Roarke working closer than ever before without all the angst.

The only thing about the book that I don't like is the title. I don't get the "Creation" part at all - in my opinion, it should have been called "Groomed in Death" but that's just me. Do I recommend this book - of course, it's a great part of the series, maybe not integral, but still ...

Two thumbs up and 5 stars - now on to Strangers in Death, excluding the novella
Gina
Fantastic! Incredible! Perfect!

Again, Robb brings back the characters we love with a new crime to solve. Roarke works more hands-on this time, getting a real picture of what cops do. He'd never been this 'in' it before, and it was great to see him there, and get his 'feel' for what cops go through during an intense investigation.

Arguments and fights between some of the more active characters make them appear more human and all the more believable.

The plot was good, not so many twists but you get
Catherine
One of the best in the series, for sure. I laughed, I cried, I highly recommend.
Julie H.
Jun 04, 2013 Julie H. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, sci-fi
I'm going with four stars for J.D. Robb's Creation in Death and, in point of fact, if we had half stars I might even go so far as 4 1/2. Why? Great question. Here's the short answer: Robb is not phoning it in on this one. Specifically, she gives us great characterization of even minor players and, more important, for the bits of background context into the Urban Wars provided in the later pages of Creation in Death. The procedural part has always been interesting--including how Peabody simply do ...more
Tina
Nov 26, 2007 Tina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, mystery
A serial killer who had eluded the NYSPD nine years ago has returned. Feeney was the primary investigator back then and Eve was a newly minted detective and his partner. The fact that the killer escaped clean to go ply his trade in other cities and countries has sat bitterly with not only Eve and Feeney but with Morris the coroner, Whitney the chief and even Berenski the lab tech.

Now, nine years later he is back, doing exactly what he did before in his same MO. The cops of the NYSPD have a chanc
Elvan
Sep 17, 2013 Elvan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: re-read, audiobooks
Creation is a grizzly look into the twisted mind of a serial killer. It remains one of my favourites of the series. I am the first to complain about Roarke leaping into every investigation whether he is welcome or not. In Creation we get to follow Roarke as he works side by side with the geek squad to hunt down the killer. It is an interesting perspective and unique IMO for the series. One of Groom's victims, Ariel is a refreshing kick a$$ character and lightens what would be a very dark book.

Th
Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim)
This is the first In-Death book where Eve doesn't have a single dream about her father. Is she growing? Is she moving on? Could be. We'll see what happens in the next book.

Creation in Death is a good old fashioned crime drama. The police procedural business plays out for us with all the usual players in place. Who is kidnapping and torturing women to death? The whole plays out well. A few good one liners but overall the humor was needed to cut through the increased tension.

I really enjoyed this
Caz Malpas
5 DAZZLING DALLAS STARS

Oh my good gawd, I know I said the last one was my very favourite, or was it the one before or maybe both, but shit, I was wrong, this was my very very very favourite so far, by far!!!

Christ! Jesus! (Quoting the God himself, Roarke) that was a bloody good one, I'm missing listening to it already, there's only one thing for it..........

NEXT PLEASE.......!
Sam
Mar 18, 2015 Sam rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This one was amazing! So much tension and the ending moment had me chocking up. I also liked the way we got a look into the killer's mind every now and again. He is so evil!
Magpie67
A criminal is taunting the investigators. Feeney has never let this one go and Eve remembers it well, it was one of her first cases as a rookie.

"For him, death was a vocation. He was a maestro in the art of death. The keeper of time. The bringer of destiny."

Eve and her husband seem to be the focus in Creation in Death, but Eve doesn't think she is the actual person being targeted. Maura brings it to her attention causing Eve to hide this bit of information from Rourke. It's bad enough her husb
Jennifer (FFT Reviews)
4.25 Stars

I read a ton of books in this series last year, but took a small break recently so I didn't get overloaded. Now I'm back at it and Creation in Death provided me with everything I expect from Eve, Roarke, and the gang. The mystery was fascinating, the characters entertaining, and, as always, the audio narration from Susan Ericksen is impeccable.

This particular case was a difficult one to read due to its violent nature. Basically, a serial killer that Eve and Feeney had hunted for nine y
Maria
Aug 02, 2014 Maria rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You can see the following review also here: http://loveandlivetoread.wordpress.co...

As all the previous books in this series, this one was a great one also! I truly believe that J.D. Robb aka Nora Roberts gives us a very good and well-written story with interesting characters combined with mystery.

In this story, a serial killer is back after nine years and it’s very important for all the police department to catch him. Especially for Eve. And that’s why all our favorite characters became an uns
~Megan~
Fantastic! These last few I've read have been very strong in both the mystery and emotion department. This particular case had a suuuuuper creepy bad guy, and was one that Feeney and Eve worked on when she was still a rookie. The best of these books are when the mystery ties in to some kind of emotional issue with Eve and one of her "family" members. This one explored the relationship with Eve And her real father figure, and a few of the scenes really had me tearing up. I enjoyed the audio so mu ...more
Nikinnia Smith
Mar 13, 2015 Nikinnia Smith rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lt. Eve Dallas does it again. This has been one of my favorite series. In Creation in Death Lt. Dallas is on the hunt for a suspect called the Groom. She and her former trainer Sgt. Ferny hunted the Groom at the beginning of her career. He is a psychopath that was in love with his stepmother and kills young women whom remind him of her.

JD Robb never disappoints with Eve. I can't wait to read the next in the series.
Trea
This installment of the Eve Dallas saga was very well done! I liked seeing Roarke's emotions about working a case from start to finish and how he dealt with Eve being bait. I also enjoyed seeing how everyone got to help on this case, it really tied all the characters together for me! I didn't enjoy Eve's decision at the end of the book regarding the unsub, I felt it was a little too far off her moral compass to be believable. Still, another enjoyable installment in the series!
Venus Blancia
The fact that this murderer did fail Captain Feeny and Lieutenant Eve 9 years ago. I believe this one is the most challenging and demanding case for my cop kickass heroine Eve Dallas. And I blame it all to Mr Edwards why I have not encountered humor in this book. Blah, blah, blah...Roarke still creates magic.
Karin
May 05, 2008 Karin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: grown-up, thriller
27th(?) Eve Dallas futuristic mystery/thriller. I've read them all, but had gotten a little bored so waited a few months after release to pick this one up. Was pleasantly surprised that some things turned out unexpectedly. Eve tracks serial killer 'The Groom' with help of task force that includes her husband. Solid, good read.
Felicia
Jan 20, 2009 Felicia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
Very enjoyable, the serial killer thing was suspenseful. The best of these books have a really strong emotional element to them involving one of the main characters, this one lacked that but had some really creepy stuff.
Shelah
May 12, 2013 Shelah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime-drama
I have read many books in this series and I was growing concerned that the main character was growing stagnant, but with this installation she has made the subtle changes in Eve Dallas that move her forward while maintaining the persona we have grown to love and respect.
Patricia
Dec 06, 2015 Patricia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The serial killer is very scary and also intelligent, which makes a dangerous combination. Do not skip this book is you are reading the In Death series. You will love the interaction of the characters.
Malin

Creation in Death is book 25 in the In Death series and this is possibly not the place you want to start, as a whole load of character development comes before. However, as the books are a bit like episodes in a crime procedural show, picking up with this one would be like watching a random episode of a show a few seasons in. I don't think there's any major spoilers for previous books in this review, but if you jump in at 25, you have only yourself to blame.

In this book, Dallas and her
Gisele
Jan 05, 2015 Gisele rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
Creation in Death es el tipo de libro en donde JD Robb mezcla romance, confrontaciones, asesinato, investigacion, humor y lagrimas de la manera mas perfecta.

En Creation in Death, Eve Dallas se enfrenta a un asesino en serie que escapo hace 9 años de manos de Feeney y de Eve cuando esta era detective y estaba bajo la tutoria de Feeney. Hay mucha sentimientos encontrados entre esta par, porque creen que lo que hicieron no fue suficiente años atras y eso derivo que el asesino escapara y pudiese ase
Nath
Jessica
Aug 22, 2013 Jessica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
**For more reviews visit We Are Bound for Life**

I absolutely loved this book and it instantly become another one of my favourites. Creation in Death is definitely /not the best/ In Death book in the series so far but is defintely hovering around that top spot.

The novel explores Eve and her team hunting down a serial killer whom the media dubbed 'The Groom' - 9 years ago. The killer seems to have resurfaced to finish what he started - painfully torturing women for prolonged periods of time, carv
Ed
Mar 15, 2014 Ed rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
#25 in the Eve Dallas "In Death" series. This 2007 entry takes place in 2060 NYC. Homicide Lt. Dallas vows to capture the serial torturer and killer that escaped her and her mentor Capt. Feeney nine years earlier when he abducted and killed 4 young women. Now he's back in NY after killing sprees in South America, Europe and Florida. Satisfying series entry and my only quibble is with the dialogue between her and husband Roarke when he realizes that the killer has Eve as his eventual target and t ...more
Christine
This story opens with Lt. Eve Dallas called to the scene of a murder that's all too familiar: The body of a young brunette woman with wounds on her body indicative of horrific torture and carved in her belly is the time it took for her to die. Nine years ago, the department investigated a series of murders just like this one, the case never solved. Now this vicious, elusive murderer known as "The Groom" is back in New York City, targeting women who work for Eve's multimillionaire husband Roarke. ...more
Aya
Dec 09, 2016 Aya rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, mystery
In Death: 25 (reread)
The rhythm felt off for this book. Granted, the case is serious, and there's a lot of unresolved resentment from everyone involved in the investigation nine years ago, but things just didn't seem right - Roarke's over the top feelings of guilt, Feeney's jealousy over Eve making progress in the investigation, Eve and Roarke flying off the handle at each other almost every other scene they have together. Eve is racing the clock trying to solve this case before the killer moves
J.D. Robb : Creation in Death (Spoiler Zone) 21 126 Dec 28, 2016 08:17AM
  • Remember When (In Death, #17.6)
  • Don't Look Down (Samantha Jellicoe, #2)
  • Hades
  • Orchid (St. Helen's, #3)
J.D. Robb is the author of the #1 New York Times bestselling In Death series and the pseudonym for #1 New York Times bestselling author Nora Roberts. The futuristic suspense series stars Eve Dallas, a New York City police lieutenant with a dark past. Initially conceived as a trilogy, readers clamored for more of Eve and the mysterious Roarke. Echoes in Death, on sale February 2017, is the 44th ent ...more
More about J.D. Robb...

In Death (1 - 10 of 45 books)
  • Naked in Death (In Death, #1)
  • Glory in Death (In Death, #2)
  • Immortal in Death (In Death, #3)
  • Rapture in Death (In Death, #4)
  • Ceremony in Death (In Death, #5)
  • Vengeance in Death (In Death, #6)
  • Holiday in Death (In Death, #7)
  • Conspiracy in Death (In Death, #8)
  • Loyalty in Death (In Death, #9)
  • Witness in Death (In Death, #10)

“I want a homing beacon on your vehicle."

"There will be."

"No, I want one on before we leave the grounds in the morning. I'll see to it."

Give and take, she reminded herself. Even when--maybe especially when--give and take was a pain in the ass. "Okay. But there go my plans to slip off and meet Pablo the pool boy for an hour of hot, sticky sex."

"We all have to make sacrifices. Myself, I've had to reschedule my liaison with Vivien the French maid three times in the last couple of days."

"Blows," Eve said as they slipped into bed.

"She certainly does.”
37 likes
“She pushed herself up, swayed, and might have tumbled if Feeney hadn’t gripped her arm. “Head rush. I’m okay, just a little queasy. Lowell’s in there, secured. You need to haul his ass in. Your collar.”

“No, it’s not.” Feeney gave her arm a squeeze. “But I’ll haul his ass in for you. McNab, help the lieutenant upstairs, then get your butt back down here and start on the electronics.”

“I don’t need help,” Eve protested.

“You fall on your face,” Feeney murmured in her ear, “you’ll ruin your exit.”

“Yeah. Yeah.”

“Just lean on me, Lieutenant.” McNab wrapped an arm around her waist.

“You try to cop a feel, I can still put you down.”

“Whatever your condition, Dallas, you still scare me.”

“Aw.” Touched, she slung an arm around his shoulders. “That’s so sweet.”
5 likes