Wicked - Piano/Vocal Arrangement

Wicked - Piano/Vocal Arrangement

4.44 of 5 stars 4.44  ·  rating details  ·  4,331 ratings  ·  27 reviews
Nominated for a whopping 10 Tony Awards in 2005, Wicked is an undeniable Broadway smash! A prequel to the all-American classic The Wizard of Oz, this new musical is a character study of Elphaba and Glinda, school roommates who grow up to become the Wicked Witch and the Good Witch, respectively. This book is a Piano/Vocal Selections book, in standard piano vocal format with...more
Published June 1st 2004 by Hal Leonard

To ask other readers questions about Wicked - Piano/Vocal Arrangement, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wicked - Piano/Vocal Arrangement

The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston LerouxLes Miserables - Updated Edition by Alain BoubilWicked - Piano/Vocal Arrangement by Stephen SchwartzThe Sound of Music by Richard RodgersFiddler on the Roof by Joseph Stein
best musicals
3rd out of 97 books — 96 voters
Angels in America by Tony KushnerAugust by Tracy LettsArcadia by Tom StoppardThe Pillowman by Martin McDonaghThe History Boys by Alan Bennett
Best Plays Since 1990
67th out of 124 books — 76 voters

More lists with this book...

Rita Silva
This is one of my favourite books of all time. It takes the classic story of the wizard of oz and gives it a twist. Maguire creates a universe around the world of oz and explains how that universe works. The way he tells the story of Elphaba... it's gorgeous. It's a must read!
Teresea
I finished this book in 2 days! I loved it.
Robyn
Dec 29, 2007 Robyn rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: musical theatre fans, Stephen Schwartz fans
While the book on which it is based is seriously flawed, Wicked, the Musical is truly great. To get into a discussion of why is beyond the scope of the review of the piano/vocal score. Broadly, the musical is lyrical, fresh, appealing, singable, and full of life. There are actually two books of music available - the piano/vocal selections and the piano/vocal arrangement. Not knowing which would have the more complete music, I bought both. I compared them side-by-side. I could not detect a differ...more
Random
This book is so beautifully written that it takes one a while to realize not a whole lot happens for long stretches of the book. At times it may get confusing as to what is actually going on. But, the language is so good you almost don't care. I read this book as I was simultaneously reading The Da Vinci Code. And honestly, I had no idea at the time that these two books work so perfectly together. While this book has beautiful language, but the plot is spotty and at points nonexistent, The Da Vi...more
Sara
You can't read this like a normal book but I do own it and know how to play the songs
Amanda Ryskamp
Fun to read. Ignited my imagination. But I like a challenge and the writing was lacking in that department.
Larissa Macarasig
Stephen Schwartz is a genius! The songs are brilliant.
Barbara Maclean
Terrific! Imaginative, creative, spell-binding.
Melissa
Loved it!!!
Briana
TOO MUCH FUN!!! From loud and crazy, to gentle and reflective...yeah, I could probably play all day with this one...and I'm an accompanist at heart, so it makes me happy to play for singers...

I don't know how to explain it, but somehow the Wicked vocal accompaniment has the perfect balance between melody line and accompaniment for me. And it's not so hard that it gets frustrating, but not so easy that it's boring.
Harry Boyd
The music in this musical is just great, I love the masterful use of refrains throughout, it's so inspiring and epic it makes the hairs on your arms stand up. I like the musical but it is the music that makes it so brilliant. It isn't overly challenging as piano music either, no problem for an experienced pianist, a tad tricky every now and then for the more amateur. Overall, wonderful music I could listen to for days.
FlibBityFLooB
I really enjoyed that this easy piano book had arrangements that stayed true to the sound of the musical. For example, Defying Gravity was a great arrangement. I sat down this evening and played through the entire book. I'm not crazy about a couple of the songs in the musical, but those that I like were definitely done well in this book, especially for being 'easy' arrangements :)
Ruth Learn
OMG THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE MUSICALS IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rachel Vl
I love Wicked. I love the music and vocals of the production itself. This book is pretty good with following the production but on some of the songs there was different lyrics, missing some of the song and the melody was sometimes different but all in all I liked this the way this song book was arranged.
 10-12 Jaycie
I also saw this on brodway you may think the witch is evil from the story you have herd think again! It turns out the witch and Galinda are actully best friends and the witch is dead think againnn! If you read this book you will be very enter tained!
Brandy
I borrowed this book from my friend Heidi. Some of the arrangements are quite lovely, others are a bit complicated, but on the whole it is a great work...true to the musical.
Heidi
I love that I can play one of my favorite musicals! Ok, well, that I have the music available to work on and keep practicing so that someday I CAN play them well.
Veronica
This musical is second only to Phantom of the Opera in my opinion. Absolute genius music, witty lyrics and breathtaking talent. I love this music!
Matthew
Excelent orchestra to piano switchover. SO many notes! Not plain simple acc. but it feels like the whole score instead
Alexandra
I love Wicked and have sang out of this Vocal Arrangement book many times. A great book for a wicked lover and a singer.
Patty
A difficult read. I wanted to like her but through all those pages, I was never able to connect.
Armand Keith
I absolutely love the music from this musical! This musical is AWESOME!
Catherine Piatt
Love playing these songs! Some really beautiful arrangements!!
Veronica Berg
I found this book very boring and could not get through it.
Amanda Yannes
oops. I didn't read this music. I read the book.
Rascalsmom
Loved it. I want to see the play! Fun read.
Paula
  • The Complete Phantom of the Opera
  • Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
  • Pygmalion & My Fair Lady
  • Pride and Prejudice: Music from the Motion Picture Soundtrack- Piano Solo
  • Gone With the Wind: the definitive illustrated history of the book, the movie, and the legend
  • West Side Story
  • Children's Songbook
  • Fiddler on the Roof
  • The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring Visual Companion
  • My Fair Lady
  • Without You
  • The Lord of the Rings Official Movie Guide
Stephen Schwartz was born in New York City on March 6, 1948. He studied piano and composition at the Juilliard School of Music while in high school and graduated from Carnegie Mellon University in 1968 with a B.F.A. in Drama. Upon coming back to live in New York City, he went to work as a producer for RCA Records, but shortly thereafter began to work in the Broadway theatre.

His first major credit...more
More about Stephen Schwartz...
Pippin Godspell The Two Faces of Islam: The House of Sa'ud from Tradition to Terror Wicked: The Complete Book and Lyrics of the Broadway Musical Wicked: A New Musical, Vocal Selections

“Excuse me, there's no pretense here. I happen to be genuinely self-absorbed and deeply shallow. ” 21 likes