Start by marking “Wicked - Piano/Vocal Arrangement” as Want to Read:
Wicked - Piano/Vocal Arrangement

Wicked - Piano/Vocal Arrangement

4.44  ·  Rating Details  ·  9,269 Ratings  ·  33 Reviews
Nominated for a whopping 10 Tony Awards in 2005, Wicked is an undeniable Broadway smash! A prequel to the all-American classic The Wizard of Oz, this new musical is a character study of Elphaba and Glinda, school roommates who grow up to become the Wicked Witch and the Good Witch, respectively. This book is a Piano/Vocal Selections book, in standard piano vocal format with ...more
Published June 1st 2004 by Hal Leonard

To ask other readers questions about Wicked - Piano/Vocal Arrangement, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wicked - Piano/Vocal Arrangement

The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston LerouxLes Miserables - Updated Edition by Alain BoubilWicked - Piano/Vocal Arrangement by Stephen SchwartzThe Sound of Music by Richard RodgersFiddler on the Roof by Joseph Stein
best musicals
3rd out of 103 books — 104 voters
Angels in America by Tony KushnerAugust by Tracy LettsArcadia by Tom StoppardThe Pillowman by Martin McDonaghThe History Boys by Alan Bennett
Best Plays Since 1990
53rd out of 133 books — 96 voters

More lists with this book...

R Fuentes
Sep 29, 2014 R Fuentes rated it really liked it
Had always wanted to read the story behind the musical. It was a beautiful telling of the growth and coming of age of 2 individuals. While some parts got a bit long and I felt took me away from the route/root of the story, the overall destination was worth the winding ride.
Jan 01, 2016 Sarah added it
I'm not sure what to rate this since it is a vocal book but…it's my favorite musical!
Teresea
Apr 08, 2008 Teresea rated it it was amazing
I finished this book in 2 days! I loved it.
Robyn
Dec 29, 2007 Robyn rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: musical theatre fans, Stephen Schwartz fans
While the book on which it is based is seriously flawed, Wicked, the Musical is truly great. To get into a discussion of why is beyond the scope of the review of the piano/vocal score. Broadly, the musical is lyrical, fresh, appealing, singable, and full of life. There are actually two books of music available - the piano/vocal selections and the piano/vocal arrangement. Not knowing which would have the more complete music, I bought both. I compared them side-by-side. I could not detect a differ ...more
Stari
Apr 11, 2015 Stari rated it it was amazing
If you like the Wizard of Oz, this is a very good book to read. I tells how the Wicked Witch became Wicked. Well written.
Random
May 07, 2013 Random rated it liked it
This book is so beautifully written that it takes one a while to realize not a whole lot happens for long stretches of the book. At times it may get confusing as to what is actually going on. But, the language is so good you almost don't care. I read this book as I was simultaneously reading The Da Vinci Code. And honestly, I had no idea at the time that these two books work so perfectly together. While this book has beautiful language, but the plot is spotty and at points nonexistent, The Da Vi ...more
Amanda
Sep 05, 2014 Amanda rated it liked it
Fun to read. Ignited my imagination. But I like a challenge and the writing was lacking in that department.
Shelley
Apr 03, 2016 Shelley rated it really liked it
Shelves: fairly-tale, fiction
really good book intersting twist to the original i enjoyed this very much
Lynn
Mar 25, 2016 Lynn rated it it was amazing
Excellent! Love the view point from the misunderstood witch
Barbara MacLean
Sep 15, 2014 Barbara MacLean rated it it was amazing
Terrific! Imaginative, creative, spell-binding.
Julie Bolyard
Jul 18, 2014 Melissa rated it it was amazing
Loved it!!!
Briana
May 02, 2009 Briana rated it it was amazing
TOO MUCH FUN!!! From loud and crazy, to gentle and reflective...yeah, I could probably play all day with this one...and I'm an accompanist at heart, so it makes me happy to play for singers...

I don't know how to explain it, but somehow the Wicked vocal accompaniment has the perfect balance between melody line and accompaniment for me. And it's not so hard that it gets frustrating, but not so easy that it's boring.
Harry Boyd
Sep 12, 2012 Harry Boyd rated it it was amazing
Shelves: musicals
The music in this musical is just great, I love the masterful use of refrains throughout, it's so inspiring and epic it makes the hairs on your arms stand up. I like the musical but it is the music that makes it so brilliant. It isn't overly challenging as piano music either, no problem for an experienced pianist, a tad tricky every now and then for the more amateur. Overall, wonderful music I could listen to for days.
FlibBityFLooB
I really enjoyed that this easy piano book had arrangements that stayed true to the sound of the musical. For example, Defying Gravity was a great arrangement. I sat down this evening and played through the entire book. I'm not crazy about a couple of the songs in the musical, but those that I like were definitely done well in this book, especially for being 'easy' arrangements :)
Kristen
Dec 27, 2015 Kristen marked it as to-read
don't read music
Ruth Learn
Sep 03, 2014 Ruth Learn rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars
OMG THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE MUSICALS IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rachel Vl
Nov 26, 2013 Rachel Vl rated it liked it
I love Wicked. I love the music and vocals of the production itself. This book is pretty good with following the production but on some of the songs there was different lyrics, missing some of the song and the melody was sometimes different but all in all I liked this the way this song book was arranged.
 10-12 Jaycie
Oct 18, 2010 10-12 Jaycie rated it it was amazing
I also saw this on brodway you may think the witch is evil from the story you have herd think again! It turns out the witch and Galinda are actully best friends and the witch is dead think againnn! If you read this book you will be very enter tained!
Sara Mccandless
Feb 12, 2015 Sara Mccandless rated it liked it
Shelves:
I loved the story line, the characters interesting attributes... I haven't finished it because of the words that is used in an Renaissance Era. Some of the objects and mystical characters I'm not familiar with so I get stuck in the story.
Brandy
May 17, 2008 Brandy rated it liked it
Shelves: music
I borrowed this book from my friend Heidi. Some of the arrangements are quite lovely, others are a bit complicated, but on the whole it is a great work...true to the musical.
Heidi
Mar 01, 2008 Heidi rated it really liked it
Shelves: piano, i-own
I love that I can play one of my favorite musicals! Ok, well, that I have the music available to work on and keep practicing so that someday I CAN play them well.
Veronica
Jan 17, 2011 Veronica rated it it was amazing
This musical is second only to Phantom of the Opera in my opinion. Absolute genius music, witty lyrics and breathtaking talent. I love this music!
Matthew
May 26, 2010 Matthew rated it really liked it
Excelent orchestra to piano switchover. SO many notes! Not plain simple acc. but it feels like the whole score instead
Alexandra
I love Wicked and have sang out of this Vocal Arrangement book many times. A great book for a wicked lover and a singer.
Patty
Oct 01, 2007 Patty rated it it was ok
A difficult read. I wanted to like her but through all those pages, I was never able to connect.
Armand Keith
Nov 17, 2011 Armand Keith rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love the music from this musical! This musical is AWESOME!
Catherine Piatt
Aug 11, 2013 Catherine Piatt rated it really liked it
Love playing these songs! Some really beautiful arrangements!!
Lillian
May 23, 2015 Lillian marked it as to-read
Who doesn't want to belt out some Wicked, people?
  • Les Miserables: Sheet Music
  • The Pirates of Penzance
  • Children's Songbook
  • Pygmalion & My Fair Lady
  • My Fair Lady
  • Gone With the Wind: the definitive illustrated history of the book, the movie, and the legend
  • West Side Story
Stephen Schwartz was born in New York City on March 6, 1948. He studied piano and composition at the Juilliard School of Music while in high school and graduated from Carnegie Mellon University in 1968 with a B.F.A. in Drama. Upon coming back to live in New York City, he went to work as a producer for RCA Records, but shortly thereafter began to work in the Broadway theatre.

His first major credit
More about Stephen Schwartz...

“Excuse me, there's no pretense here. I happen to be genuinely self-absorbed and deeply shallow. ” 23 likes
“And if I'm flying solo
At least I'm flying free”
2 likes