Start by marking “バガボンド: 原作吉川英治「宮本武蔵」より 1” as Want to Read:
バガボンド: 原作吉川英治「宮本武蔵」より 1

バガボンド: 原作吉川英治「宮本武蔵」より 1 (Vagabond #1)

4.27 of 5 stars 4.27  ·  rating details  ·  3,237 ratings  ·  98 reviews
Shinmen Takezo is destined to become the legendary sword-saint, Miyamoto Musashi- perhaps the most renowned samurai of all time. For now, Takezo is cold-hearted killer, who will take anyone in mortal combat to make name for himself. This is the journey of a wild young brute who strives to reach enlightenment by way of the sword-fighting on the edge of the death.

This beauti
246 pages
Published March 23rd 1999 by 講談社

Be the first to ask a question about バガボンド: 原作吉川英治「宮本武蔵」より 1

Sam Quixote
“Vagabond” is Takehiko Inoue’s graphic novel adaptation of the 1930s historical novel “Musashi” by Eiji Yoshikawa, about a real life historical figure from 17th century Japan, Shinmen Takezo, who would go on to become the legendary sword saint Miyamoto Musashi. We meet Takezo awakening from unconsciousness after the Battle of Sekigahara, somehow still alive with his best friend Matahachi: they are both 17 years old. They set off on the path homewards but encounter enemy soldiers, scavengers and ...more
Nicolo Yu
I still remember the stories of the last few months that eventually led me here to Takehiko Inoue's Vagabond. It all started with the graphic novel adaptation of Miyamoto Musashi's The Book of Five Rings which brought into my awareness, the sword saint. Then I read the first three volumes of Stan Sakai's Usagi Yojimbo, a long time favorite. Along the way, I had a late night viewing of Tom Cruises's The Last Samurai on HBO. Recently. I've embarked on a reread of the 31-volume Slam Dunk (another I ...more
في البداية دعني أقول ..اممم ..بالاحري..أصرخ عاااااااااه ..لماذا يجب أن أكتب هذا الريفيو مجددًا! إجابة سهلة لأنني لم أحفظ الريفيو XD
اممم .. لنحاول الكتابة من جديد.
ندخل بالتعبيرات الأول المكررة

يا للهول " ثلاث مرات تتكرر" o.O
ينبغي أن أقول في البداية منذ عامين وهذه المانغا على قائمة الانتظار بفضل ترشيح أحد الأصدقاء ولكن ما كان يجعلني أتردد في متابعتها هو عدم انتظام صدور الشابترز لها في السنتين الماضيتين.
لكن أتعلم!
لقد آن الوقت لأخذ المخاطرة، ومن يعلم ماذا يمكن أن يحدث لاحقًا!
إن كنت من
Only the strongest survive in this award-winning manga about samurai in the Sengoku era. Shinmen Takezou is one such man. His descent into beasthood, and eventual redemption through the efforts of the monk Takeun and love-interest Otsuu captivates, setting the way for his rise to invincibility and undying legend.

Vagabond is the typical action-type story, where the primary character strives for ever greatest strength, fighting increasingly difficult opponents, with ever more unique fighting moves
Una obra maestra, a nivel dibujo (no puede dibujar tan bien increíble) y también a nivel guión. Ya me veo leyendo tomo tras tomo con mucho entusiasmo.
The plot is interesting but the narration is difficult to follow.
I was looking for some Samurai Manga, and this one came up. I'm so glad I checked this out!

This graphic novel/manga is an adaptation of the historical novel Musashi by Yoshikawa, a historical novelization of the life of the great swordsman, Musashi.

The artwork is exquisite! Beautiful detailing and shadowing shows facial expressions and gives the reader a sense of being there with the characters. It's easy to sense the poor conditions that some of the villagers lived in and the brutality of the
Carol Mola
Esto mola y mucho.
Patrick Artazu
A more sedate "Naruto" or "Dragon Ball Z" based on real historical factoids, wherein main character and genius swordsman Miyamoto Musashi defeats progressively more invincible enemies on his way to the top. Meanwhile, his best friend and fellow traveler on the warrior's path survives via cowardly deception, theft, and dunderheaded good fortune and is maybe the more interesting and relatable story. The art is lovingly detailed.
Federiken Masters
Mar 09, 2010 Federiken Masters rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Todo el mundo.
Recommended to Federiken by: Mi novia de entonces.
Obra maestra, poesía dibujada, cátedra de historia, hay mil formas de llamar a este comic y todas quedan cortas. Excelente comienzo para uno de los mangas más logrados de la historia. Culpable absoluto de que yo me volviera incondicional de Inoue. Lo debo haber leído más de cuatro veces, pero cuando lo pueda leer una quinta, seguro se gane una reseña mucho más elaborada que esta simple enumeración de virtudes.
The story is an adaptation of Musashi; the art is very strong. But I'm not feeling inspired to read more; the thought of plodding many more volumes of it makes me feel vaguely weary. In contrast, when I read Blade of the Immortal, the thought of reading many more volumes of it made me go, "Eeee!" Filing this one under "Not My Thing."
Erin Cataldi
I literally picked up this manga for two reasons: 1) it had cool artwork and 2) it was $1. So, my expectations weren't super high or anything. It was a really quick read and I finished it in about an hour. The manga follows Shinmen Takezo as he struggles to put his life together after being on the losing end of a massive battle. With the help of some mysterious ladies, he is able to get back on his feet. He vows that he will kill anyone who tries to kill him and as such... kills a lot of people. ...more
Nathalie Andrews
I was drawn in by the beautiful artwork and the samurai theme and loved this when I read the story. The characters are savage and not always very nice, but they have redemptive and very human qualities. For all that Takezo (later to become Miyamoto Musashi) is barbaric, he's also young and inexperienced, and Matahachi, his companion, has dreams of glory but struggles to overcome cowardice as well as other...temptations. The female characters, the thieves, Oko and her daughter, and Matahachi's fi ...more
Comencé a leer el manga sin saber que no había sido terminado y eso me causó mucha indignación. Terminen sus cosas nipones flojos.
A esta altura no creo continuarlo porque qué flojera estar esperando por otro tomo. Muchas gracias por participar.
M Elsehry
عاوز تقرا مانجا
تعالى ابدأ من هنا
رسم روعه
كلام قليل
قصه مشوقه(ممكن الفوليوم ده التشويق فيه قليل)بعد كده أظن اعلى
شكرا صديقى معتز للترشيح
Harry Roberts
Finally started this series. Currently own the first 3 vizbig editions and completely loving the story and even more so, the art style!
Amy Yeap
This is really a fantastic volume! I've heard so many great things about this series by other manga fans, and today, I jumped on the bandwagon and I enjoyed it so very much! Takezo and Matahachi, two buddies who joined the war, and their side lost. Both of them ended up as refugees. Takezo, the man with beast's eyes, he is very strong and wild compared to Matahachi, who is a coward and ran away with another woman despite of his fiancee. Takezo then went back to his hometown but being treated as ...more
**EDIT: Read volume 2 before you decided whether or not this series is worth your time. Major changes occur and I believe you'll read further if, like me, you weren't really impressed with this volume.**

2.5 (Somewhere between being meh about it and liking it.)

Perhaps it's because I went in with high expectations, but...

I expected more.

As of this volume, the art is really nice. Detailed and fully flushed-out. That's more than I can say about many manga. However.... I generally want either the c
Shahzaib Hassan
I saw a post on some motivational blog about how "The book of five rings" changed the blog authors a few years back. I didn't give it much thought back then but after a while, when i started to dig deep into the world of leadership and nurturing of the mind and soul of thyself and everyone around me-"The book of five rings again popped up".
I read on the subject intensively which brought me to this fine piece of art.
The strongest survive and the weak can't choose the way they die. This is all th
I had high hopes for this manga when the first 24 volumes came through my letterbox (figuratively, of course). Detailing the 'adapted' life and times of Miyamoto Musashi, Vagabond is well written and very well drawn. The series starts with Takezo (Mushashi) and friend Matahachi surviving the Battle of Sekigahara and finfing themselves between a group of thieves and the local gang hoodlums.
Mula sa may-akda ng Slam Dunk, heto ang leyenda ng isang mandirigma na gumimbal sa bansang Hapon noong panahon pa ng piyudalismo. Bago naging tanyag si Miyamoto Musashi, siya muna ay nabuhay sa ngalang Shinmen Takezo. Sa akdang ito ipinakita ang mga paglalakbay kasama ang matalik na kaibigang si Hon'iden Matahachi. Tagahanga talaga ako ng mga akdang tungkol sa tagisan at tunggalian kaya noong nabasa ko ito natuwa ako.
Ishan Singh
Vagabond is best described by the Australian term "winner winner, chicken dinner", as it ticks all boxes in my opinion. The plot is engaging and developed well, the characters are all unique and each have great importance to the story and the happenings of the manga are remarkably realistic. Easily a top tier manga.
the best manga in years,it should be in top 3 of all time manga. drawings are very unique and refreshing.story and the characters are top notch. musashi vs kojiro is a very well known story and how this manga slowly develops the characters sure is fascinating.though its sad to see how underrated this manga is.500/5 for me
I came in expecting brutal sword fights. Instead, I got an awesome, introspective journey. Which is not to say there aren't awesome fights, but the meant of the story is no doubt Musashi's mental journey as he grows into not just a good swordsman but a good man as well.
Jeff Powers
An amazing story of historical violence and tension. Vagabond is a dark, graphic tale set in the battle torn countryside of feudal era Japan. The tale of two friends who can never go home is not to be missed by manga and graphic novel fans alike.
Poe Wilson
Real rating 6/10
Manga/GN rating 7.8/10
Visually stunning with a realism that is quite often lacking in the manga genre. This realism is paired lovely with a light story that has a depth of character yet does not hamper the art in any manner.
If one does not appreciate the art Vagabond is a breeze of a read, but if one enjoys the subtle nature found in the details then it will take some time.
The only true issue with starting t
The story kept me captivated through out
with a very beautiful drawing
It does have mature content which may not be suitable for young people
But overall I gave this book 4.5 stars
Li Y.
Set in Edo period, Shinmen Takezo runs away from his village in hopes of becoming the best swordsman. I have always been a huge fan of Inoue Takehiko's works. Vagabond is one of the best samurai manga I've read. I also love how the illustration is very detailed. Definitely a must-read.
Violence à la limite du gore, longue scène d'un des héros qui fait caca, vulgarité... Pas du tout mon truc. J'ai laissé tomber avant la fin du premier tome.
Bibliophiles of L...: July - Vagabond, Volume 1 3 2 Jul 30, 2015 09:59AM
Goodreads Librari...: Vagabond Vizbig editions 4 29 Jun 09, 2014 01:49AM
Josei and Seinen ...: Vagabond Discussion 1 5 Mar 02, 2014 01:12PM
  • Blade of the Immortal, Volume 1: Blood of a Thousand
  • Lone Wolf and Cub, Vol. 1: The Assassin's Road (Lone Wolf and Cub, #1)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 1 (20th Century Boys, #1)
  • Eden: It's an Endless World, Volume 1 (Eden: It's an Endless World!, #1)
  • Berserk, Vol. 1
  • Vinland Saga, Tome 1
  • Blame!, Vol. 1
  • Black Jack, Vol. 1
  • Tekkon Kinkreet: Black and White
  • Gantz/1
  • Parasyte, Volume 1
  • Ōoku: The Inner Chambers, Vol. 1 (Ōoku: The Inner Chambers / 大奥, #1)
Takehiko Inoue (井上雄彦) is a Japanese manga artist, best known for the basketball manga Slam Dunk, which has become a success both in Japan and overseas. Many of his works are about basketball, Inoue himself being a huge fan of the sport, and many Japanese children started to play basketball because they read the manga. This in turn helped make basketball popular in Japan and across East Asia.

More about Takehiko Inoue...

Vagabond (1 - 10 of 37 books)
  • Vagabond, Volume 2
  • Vagabond, Volumen 3 (Vagabond, #3)
  • Vagabond, Volume 4