Start by marking “Morgon og kveld” as Want to Read:
Morgon og kveld

Morgon og kveld

Romanen er i to delar. Den første delen følgjer tankane til Olai, som redd og spent venter på at kona skal føde han sonen Johannes. Den andre delen er forteljinga om Johannes’ veg over til den andre sida, den dagen i livet hans då alt er heilt likt likevel heilt forskjellig.
115 pages
Published 2000 by Norske Samlaget

To ask other readers questions about Morgon og kveld, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Morgon og kveld

s.penkevich
Jon Fosse, dubbed ‘the Becektt of the 21st Century’ by French newspaper Le Monde, has a staggeringly impressive career and output. The Norwegian novelist, poet and Ibsen Award-winning playwright has published over thirty books and twenty-eight plays, been named Chevalier to the French Ordre national du Mérite, been granted a lifetime stipend by the Norwegian government to pursue his craft, been published in over 40 languages and is the most produced living playwright in the world. Fosse is an in ...more
Somayeh
Sep 11, 2016 Somayeh rated it liked it
روز و شب؛ اولین رمانی که از فوسه خواندم.
موضوع بسیار جالبی داشت، فصل اول راجع به تولد یک نوزاد و فصل دو و سه پیرامون مرگ او. قابل تامل بود. اگر از ترجمه نامناسب و اشتباهات فاحش نگارشی متن بگذریم خواندنش لذت بخش بود.
Billy O'Callaghan
Aug 29, 2015 Billy O'Callaghan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: around-the-world
Rebecka
3,5 stars.

This book took a little while getting used to, and once I was fully immersed, it was over, so I'm not sure the very short format is ideal. The text is written altogether without full stops, only using commas, and entire chapters thus end up being one long sentence, only interrupted by very repetitive and dialectal dialogue. It's very well written though, so it works, but perhaps not straight away. I would have liked to read more excerpts from Johannes' early life, i.e. when he wanders
Kate
Jul 25, 2016 Kate rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought this was an interesting book about a man named Johannes' first and last day alive. But it is not a book I will recommend to people who cannot read it in one sitting. It has no periods, few paragraph breaks. And as someone who did have to put it down several times, I found myself going back to reread and rethink it.
Carolyn C.
I read this book because I was looking for something to read by a Norwegian author and I was attracted by the book's description.

I wanted to like this book more than I did in the beginning. But I found it increasingly engaging as I continued to read.

It was a little tough to get used to the style of writing, basically long run on stream of consciousness sentences, strung together with commas and new paragraphs. It seemed particularly odd then when I noticed two periods in one paragraph and anoth
Eleni
3.5-4 stars

A story about not much but a man's memories of his little life and missing his wife.

I'm not sure if it was intentional for stylistic purposes, but there was very little to no punctuation in this novella. No full stops and no quotation marks with my only guide for knowing when a "sentence" was coming was seemingly random capital letters appearing. The last book I read that was printed like this I really did not like. I was confused and kept merging things together that should've stayed
Will Shadbolt
Dec 08, 2015 Will Shadbolt rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Little known in the English world, Fosse is one of the most acclaimed living playwright’s in the world. But his first passion was writing novels, and this one proves he has some serious prose skills.

The first 15 pages of the novella describe in real time the birth of Johannes, the other 80 the last day of his life. Despite unfolding in a cliché way, this is a great, heartfelt read. Condensing Johannes’s life into two points could have easily been used as a gimmick but Fosse pulls it off, and by
Palivo
Jun 07, 2015 Palivo rated it it was amazing
Shelves: norwegian
Na Fosseho románech je dobré to, že podle počtu kapitol poznáte, kolik je v knize vět. Tato kniha má dvě kapitoly, takže si po přečtení asi padesátistránkového souvětí můžete pogratulovat. Ráno a večer je lyrický román až to bolí, teče pomalu a neuprosně, až doteče do ticha smrti a nabídne krásnou pobídku do dalšího putování neživotem. Co vám mám povídat, takhle dojatý jsem byl naposled, když jsem četl rozhovor s Bohdalkou potom, co ji vyfotili nahou u Jadranu.
Pečivo
May 05, 2016 Pečivo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wurst
Shrnutí života obyčejného norského rybáře do dvou dnů a víceméně dvou souvětí. Tak jak, je u Fosseho zvykem.

Romantická představa smrti mi zkazila celkovej dojem, ale dobrá rajská je prostě dobrá, i když člověk nesouhlasí s přípravou rejže.

A navíc todle byla krátká rajská.
Tracy Shapley
May 16, 2016 Tracy Shapley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: boxwalla
How the hell had I never heard of Jon Fosse? Apparently he's considered the "Beckett of the 21st century." Thanks to Boxwalla, I read this little gem during the Dewey's 24-Readathon and it's like nothing I'd ever read before.

It's hard to talk about the plot of this book because it unravels in such an unusual way that things I thought were true in the first few pages were proven false in the next twenty, and then proven true a few pages later - and on and on. Reading this book is like following
Tom
Sep 19, 2015 Tom rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Melancholy, as usual for a Fosse novel, with Fosse's uncanny knack for both capturing emotional disorientation and making the reader feel the disorientation, too, through his use--or non-use--of punctuation and narrative perspective. Such turns and subtleties must be difficult to translate as seamless and natural, but Daimon Searls aptly manages to do so, as he usually does.
Ida
Mar 01, 2016 Ida rated it it was amazing
Shelves: norsk
Denne boka kommer til å sitte i kroppen min lenge, det kjenner jeg. Aldri har jeg delt så mye snørr og tårer med mennesker rundt meg som da jeg valgte å ta med denne på kafé. Beklager til dere på Bøker&Børst for det.
Nina Grove
Feb 24, 2016 Nina Grove rated it really liked it
The characters are simple, just like we are, and their conundrums regard birth and death, just like ours. Fosse says a lot without saying much. One of the few good Norwegian writers.
Krishna Avendaño
No me parece razonable que Fosse, sobre todo en su faceta de novelista, siendo el artesano del lenguaje que es, sea tan poco conocido fuera de su país.
Kine
Oct 20, 2015 Kine rated it liked it
3.5/5 stjerner. En kort historie om livet og døden. En bok uten punktum er for meg en ustrukturert bok, men likevel en fin historie om Johannes.
Louise
Jan 13, 2016 Louise rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Not quite my cup of tea, heard a lot about him, but found the style of writing repetitive and a little irritating
Harpa Reynisdóttir
Ég á svo erfitt með bækur án nánast nokkurra greinaskila. Allt í belg og biðu.
Ida
May 01, 2016 Ida rated it really liked it
Shelves: 25-norske, 2016
Var litt usikker på om jeg skulle gi denne 4 eller 5 stjerner. Jeg liker historien og sårbarheten i fortellingen, men tegnsettingen, eller mangelen på sådan, synes jeg blir litt slitsom til tider. Skjønner at det er en skrivestil og for noen fungerer det sikkert. I tillegg gjentas ting ofte, og det kan bli for mye av det gode også. Men ja, likte fortellingen i seg selv veldig godt. Utrolig fin. Men skrivestilen var kanskje ikke helt det jeg liker best.
Thorunn
Aug 03, 2016 Thorunn rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
Þetta er rosaleg bók - þó þetta sé reyndar næstum bara smásaga.
Jóhannes fæðist í fyrsta kaflanum - bókstaflega. Og í hinum kaflanum er hann dáinn. Þannig að því er lýst hvernig það er að fæðast og hvernig það er að deyja. Mér fannst reyndar hugmyndin um hvað gerist þegar maður deyr bara nokkuð viðkunnanleg.
Emily
May 28, 2016 Emily rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: scandinavian-lit
I'm always on the look out for Scandinavian literature and this was a lovely little find. It was very peaceful, it almost felt similar to one of Tomas Transtromer's poems.
Tormod
Tormod rated it it was amazing
Sep 21, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2016
Fawaz
Fawaz rated it really liked it
Sep 20, 2016
Maria Brandt-Madsen
Maria Brandt-Madsen marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2016
Guðrún Jóhannsdóttir
Guðrún Jóhannsdóttir marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2016
Frida
Frida rated it it was amazing
Sep 16, 2016
Caitlin
Caitlin marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2016
Linn Ulstein
Linn Ulstein marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2016
  • Kjærlighet
  • Bli hvis du kan. Reis hvis du må.
  • When We Dead Awaken
  • Historien om Fru Berg
  • Child Wonder
  • The House with the Blind Glass Windows
  • Hvite Niggere
Jon Olav Fosse was born in Haugesund, Norway and currently lives in Bergen. He debuted in 1983 with the novel Raudt, svart (Red, black). His first play, Og aldri skal vi skiljast, was performed and published in 1994. Jon Fosse has written novels, short stories, poetry, children's books, essays and plays. His works have been translated into more than forty languages. He is widely considered as one ...more
More about Jon Fosse...