Start by marking “Sextrology: The Astrology of Sex and the Sexes” as Want to Read:
Sextrology: The Astrology of Sex and the Sexes

Sextrology: The Astrology of Sex and the Sexes

4.22  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,065 Ratings  ·  88 Reviews
Sextrology draws insight from modern astrology to help people find their perfect sexual matches. This book takes an original, smart and sexy approach to evaluating astrological identities, and will again have people asking, 'What's your sign?'.

In sophisticated, uninhibited language, Sextrology accomplishes what no existing astrology book has ever achieved: it candidly expl
Published January 6th 2004 by William Morrow Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Sextrology, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sextrology

Solar Arc Directions by Carole DevineABC of Astrology by Bernie MorrisLinda Goodman's Sun Signs by Linda GoodmanLinda Goodman's Love Signs by Linda GoodmanYour Sign as a Spiritual Guide by Swami Kriyananda
Great Astrology Books
10th out of 74 books — 61 voters
Solar Arc Directions by Carole DevineABC of Astrology by Bernie MorrisYour Sign as a Spiritual Guide by Swami KriyanandaAstrology for a yogi by Kashiraja Massimo BarbagalloSolar Arc Directions by Carole Devine
Good astrology books
7th out of 40 books — 39 voters

More lists with this book...

mark monday
Aug 14, 2011 mark monday rated it liked it
Shelves: guidebooks, sexathon
have you ever wondered which star sign is the most likely to engage in scat play? well, dear reader, never fear - welcome to the astrology guide of your dreams! which sign likes it rough? which sign is a big excited puppy? which sign has the smallest tits? which sign has the biggest dick? which sign is bossy in bed, which sign just lays there like a wooden plank? which sign is the gayest, which sign is the most lesbionic? hey, what is the hairiest sign? which sign likes to trim that bush? all th ...more
Izzy
Aug 07, 2012 Izzy rated it liked it
So, true fact: I considered going to Astrology School. Doesn’t that sound fun?! Apparently, there is an actual school for this tucked somewhere in the hills of upstate New York. Unfortunately, a rare fit of “common sense” led me to pursue a boring office job – and trust me, I would have been a better astrologer.

Now, a disclaimer: I do take astrology with the proverbial grain of salt. I do. I know it can’t all be true, and logistically it doesn’t make a lick of sense.

(This: http://www.badastrono
Mar 30, 2007 Laura rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone interested in self-discovery
Shelves: greatbooks
This book totally rocked me. It is to most other astrology books what fresh-squeezed organic orange juice is to Tang. Some of the claims it made about my sign shocked me so much I had to put the book down to digest them and pick it up again later. I've read certain sections over and over again and every time I find something new and valuable that I never really noticed in the text or never considered fully. I'd say this is one of my 'desert island' books, except that good books make me realize h ...more
Ani
Aug 02, 2008 Ani rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-own
The first time I started reading this book in the store, I started tearing up because most (if not all) of what it said about my sign (Cancer) was eerily true, the good as well as the bad. It was too thick for me to read in one sitting so I told myself to buy it one day and now that I have it, I don't regret it!

While astrology might not be exact (there are other elements at play when it comes to characteristics of someone's personality like the environment, the way the person was brought up, etc
Rukshana
Dec 06, 2007 Rukshana rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite astrology books - it is THE textbook. A favorite coffee table read at parties! Intelligently written and surprisingly accurate although descriptions of each zodiac sign are based on sun sign only. This book won't help you create your astrological chart, but it will give you great insight into yourself as a human being in (intimate, romantic) relationships. One of the only books to examine gender in relation to astrology. For example, there are different sections for Libra men ...more
Xenomantid
Mar 17, 2013 Xenomantid rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Campbellians, Jungians, Freudians, asexuals with a good sense of humor, secretly judgmental perverts
Shelves: occult
Sextrology is a Pandora's box. You can find some good at the bottom if you search assiduously enough, but the multitudinous evils conceal it. No, that metaphor is better reserved for Barbara Walker's The Woman's Encyclopedia of Myths and Secrets and the works of Gershon Legman. Sextrology is more like eating pepperoni pizza at a friend's house when you wanted cheese: it doesn't quite measure up to your standards, and you know that you're partaking of something other than what you wished for, but ...more
Kd
Jun 12, 2015 Kd rated it it was amazing
I only read my sun sign and a recent past relationship and it was super interesting to read. I learned things about myself that I might need to work on. I also had some Ah-Ha moments where I understood why I may be like the way I am. There were a lot of things that matched with me. There were some things I may not have agreed with but we have to take in our own opinion. Not everything can match exactly right. I loved how it had the descriptions of each man and woman. I also liked the description ...more
Audrey Babkirk Wellons
Jan 30, 2008 Audrey Babkirk Wellons rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: girls planning sleepovers, sun-sign junkies
First off, the name of this book is SEXTROLOGY. Second, the authors are Starsky and COX. Sold and SOLD.

Given these classy attributes, I was surprised to find that this was one of the more in-depth sun-sign books around. I mean, you get 26 pages on Gemini Woman, for instance. And while part of that is bedroom antics, het-vs.-homo preferences, and annoying psychobabble, a lot is thorough personality assessment. And for each sign and gender you get commentary in the margins about the related symbol
April
Aug 18, 2007 April rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: hardly anyone. It's a guilty pleasure.
My friend's roommate had this on his bookshelf, and out of boredom and, admittedly, what I found to be an alluring title, I picked it up and began perusing. Oh WOW, did it ever have ME pegged, as well as the habits of my (ahem) suitors, past and present. This was so alarmingly accurate that I simply had to buy my own copy, as I kept going over to aforementioned friend's house just to look something up! Very fun, very hilarious, very scary.
Valerie Baber
Jan 02, 2013 Valerie Baber rated it really liked it
Shelves: sexuality
The cleverly pen-named authors "Starsky & Cox" provide endless amounts of titillating cocktail conversation and useful research material upon meeting someone new. Each profile will offer about 25 pages of detailed information. While it's a light-hearted subject, at 560 pages, this is no light book for flipping through, but it's highly amusing, interesting and worth the investment of your time.

Barbara Peña
Feb 14, 2009 Barbara Peña rated it it was amazing
This book is highly-entertaining and never fails to liven up a dinner party or get together! Keep it on your coffee table if you've got friends coming over - instant good times. Ever wonder why your ex was so weird? This book may just clue you in. Lots of fun.
SmarterLilac
Feb 14, 2009 SmarterLilac rated it it was amazing
Right up there with my favorite astrology books...ever.
Karen
Sep 05, 2013 Karen rated it really liked it
This book isn't subtle and really gets into the down and dirty traits of each sign from the physical aspects to what's going on in the bedroom. It's hilarious and sometimes down-right insulting. I love it! The authors are biased for some signs though so it's not a fulfilling read.

I had a lot of fun reading my friend's signs. The 'Turn-on' section was especially a great conversation starter. There was a lot of things that were fairly on point about people but also some that didn't seem to apply.
Holly
Dec 19, 2011 Holly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: in depth studiers of astrology
Uyen Nguyen
Jul 09, 2012 Uyen Nguyen rated it it was amazing
This was wildly entertaining! The book holds sharp-witted humor, fantastic astrological insight and is fun. Its most distinctive quality and comparative advantage beyond all others includes the dissection of astrology. Sextrology breaks down sex and astrology for males/females and as well for heteros and homos. I.e. ARIES FEMALE section: for straight female and for gay female. I love this book! Perfect as a coffee table book (if there are no children around).
Puna Baris
Oct 20, 2014 Puna Baris added it
Shelves: ingilizce
The book is interesting although it may also not be so,if you don't have an open mind about the subject. However,what amazes me is that; this book has a seriously intellectual language. It's hard to deny that its been written with highly sophisticated insights and has an over-the -top understanding of complicated human condition. Therefore, it's not just another silly book of astrology but almost an introduction to some sort of a social science.
Amanda Patterson
Everything you want to know about sun signs and their sexual makeup. From fantasies to emotional needs to the psychology behind it all, Sextrology doesn't disappoint.
The book is filled with famous and infamous individuals from each star sign. It includes body rulership, symbols, elements, straight and gay turn-ons.
I always test these books by telling different star signs what the authors say about them. This one gets a 95% accuracy rating.
Mimi  Toure-Gorham
May 30, 2014 Mimi Toure-Gorham rated it it was amazing
What a gem this book is. The in-depth and original approach it has is quite delightful.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading and spending time with this book, it gave me a new perspective on Astrology and covered all the topics I liked and wanted to know more about.

Contemporary, fresh was the feel and I am ever so grateful the cover is red, caught my eye right away that day in the book shop!

Mimi TG
Niki Costantini
Un bel librone divertente e molto corretto politicamente, o più semplicemente molto adeguato alla realtà odierna. L'oroscopo visto dal punto di vista erotico e del sesso tra i vari segni, anche con spunti molto piccanti, non solo per le affinità eterosessuali, ma anche quelle omosessuali. Sono sicura che a qualcuno possa anche rivelare aspetti insospettati del proprio tema natale, anche sotto forma di gioco a due.
Katie
Sep 21, 2007 Katie rated it liked it
Starsky and Cox (yeah, like those are their real names) clearly have had super bad experiences with Piscean females, because they basically rip us all new assholes in this book. Which is part of why I've rated it at only three stars - being the self-obsessed "diva" Piscean lady that I obviously am, I only really care what the book has to say if it reflects positively on me! No, for real - this one is interesting because each sign is divided by gender (oh, that pesky binary), and each gender for ...more
Blair
Aug 14, 2011 Blair rated it it was amazing
Shelves: new-age, non-fiction
I am such a sceptic when it comes to most things, but surprisingly, I am completely fascinated by astrology. The only thing I really do believe in is the power of 'the universe'. I'm not a pantheist or anything, I just think the Earth is capable of far more than what science alone can explain. Which brings me back to astrology and the possibility that the alignment of each planet at a certain time and place (like when we were born) may actually mean something.

I've read quite a few books on astr
Zola
Nov 21, 2011 Zola rated it really liked it
Pretty spot-on for a book that claims privy to your sex life based on when you were born. This book is on our shelf in the central gathering place of the house--the kitchen--and anyone new who comes over automatically grabs it to look up their sign. Be prepared for this if you have the book on public display. (I was introduced to this book in the same fashion--it was on the coffee table of a good friend of mine in Albuquerque, I picked it up and looked up my sign. I bought a used copy when I got ...more
Matt Holmes
Jan 01, 2015 Matt Holmes rated it it was amazing
Best astrology book I've ever read.
Lydia Dubs
scarily accurate.
Kerry Allen
Sep 14, 2010 Kerry Allen rated it did not like it
Shelves: donated, research
Contains an appalling number of word-usage errors. Opened to two random pages, for example, "sewn" for "sown" and "undo" for "undue."

I use astrology books the same way I use psychology books--to generate character quirks--but even for that unlofty purpose, this was ridiculous (evidently, a man's astrological sign can be determined just by examining his scrotum...) and had mood swings between juvenile and painfully pretentious, sometimes within the same sentence.
Gerri Davis
Mar 04, 2008 Gerri Davis rated it really liked it
Shelves: totally-random
Birthday gift from my friend EkateriniMaria - a Greek who holds true to her birthright on the isle of the oracles, Kefalonia . . . this one is a gem though I would never have bought it for myself. It pairs people by sign and orientation - and gets into all the gritty stuff with a sassy take. In social arrangements it can take on all the major qualities of a good old fashioned game of spin the bottle. Almost.
Arley
Oct 01, 2013 Arley rated it really liked it
I am an astrology book collector, this is one of my favorites.
Very entertaining, just take it with a grain of salt. The book is fun. I highly recommenced it, if astrology is your thing. It talks about individual relationships, sex and turnons.

Also includes what couples work best if you are in a Male/Female, Male/Male or Female/Female relationship. It has something for everyone and that makes it even better.
Stevie
Jan 04, 2014 Stevie rated it liked it
Shelves: my-collection
Too big to read straight through but fun to keep around for friends in new relationships and with new crushes.... but pretty dang accurate. I got this book when I was naïve and too young to understand the broad definition of a healthy sex life is and was mortified at some of it but almost a decade later I flip through and say, "Oh yeah, that's totally true now..." conversation starter for sure.
Elena
Dec 03, 2008 Elena rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: in-italian
A funny reading, but honestly, what's the point in buying a 7 cm-thick (more or less: it costs 25 Euros in Italy) book if you only want to read YOUR sign, and maybe your partner's? Well, in fact, I might lend it to my friends, and/or test what the book says about different potential partners, and feel like a 15-years-old again! Anyway, I've found my sign description quite accurate... :)
  • Darkside Zodiac
  • Born on a Rotten Day: Illuminating and Coping with the Dark Side of the Zodiac
  • Astrology, Karma and Transformation: Inner Dimensions of the Birth Chart
  • The Only Astrology Book You'll Ever Need
  • Astrology for the Soul
  • The New Astrology: A Unique Synthesis Of The World's Two Great Astrological Systems: The Chinese & Western
  • Astrology for Lovers
  • Parker's Astrology: The Definitive Guide to Using Astrology in Every Aspect of Your Life (New Edition)
  • The Astrologer's Handbook
  • Linda Goodman's Love Signs: A New Approach to the Human Heart
  • The Secret Language of Birthdays: Personology Profiles for Each Day of the Year
  • The Twelve Houses: Introduction to the Houses in Astrological Interpretation
  • Astrology, a Cosmic Science-Op
  • Sex Signs: Every Woman's Astrological and Psychological Guide to Love, Health, Men and More!
  • The Handbook of Chinese Horoscopes