Blank-133x176
Marilyn Monroe: The Co...

Bert Stern

Marilyn Monroe: The Complete Last Sitting

4.4 of 5 stars 4.40  ·  rating details  ·  291 ratings  ·  12 reviews
The more than 2,500 shots that make up this monumental classic tribute to actress Marilyn Monroe were taken by renowned fashion photographer Bert Stern over the course of a three-day sitting-the last time Marilyn would pose in front of a camera. Six weeks later, the actress was found dead in her home. Even despite the ominous facts surrounding this sitting, the images it p...more
Published October 8th 2000 by Te Neues Publishing Company (first published 1982)

To ask other readers questions about Marilyn Monroe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Marilyn Monroe

Joey Traughber
This book is a joy to own! The photos are so beautiful and amazing! I don't usually re-read many books. But, I never tire of reading it! There is not not much text (less than 30 pages). Over 2,500 photos is the biggest photo collection of Marilyn I have ever seen! I love this book and I highly recommend it to all Marilyn fans!
Photobucket
Kelly Beckett
My husband bought me this book as a present for our anniversary as I am a huge Marilyn fan. I love this book and I keep going back and looking through it every so often. Marilyn looks absolutely beautiful in all of these photos. This book is a must have for any Marilyn fan as the collection of photos are stunning! Of all the Marilyn books I have, this by far is my favorite of them all!
AnaRosa
A new, more mature Marilyn had emerged and with a halo of light around her each photograph explores the moods and intimacy of a woman loved by the world still unforgettable nearly 50 years later. An extraordinary look at Marilyn in the final days of her life. A treasure!
Holly
This is an odd book because Bert Stern comes off as an "I coulda fucked her, but I didn't" sort of guy. But if you take the commentary with a grain of salt, it's a fascinating and oddly heartbreaking series of photos.

Kristl
Oct 22, 2008 Kristl rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Marilyn lovers
Heartbreaking and raw; almost too much.
NotSoLittleWitch
I have to say that all the pictures are perfect, but descriptions that Stern gave somehow disappointed me. Still worth seeing!
"read" this again in 05, it's just an essay with a jillion fabulous pictures of Norma Jean. Highly recommended.
Luke Dimech
<3 Beautiful photos and beautifully written. Revealing, Expressive and sensitive.
Lorraine
Visually breath taking!! Truly a coffee table book for all, hard to believe Marilyn wasn't considered photogenic by the major studios at first!
Akshay Karna
nicely collaborated..photographs are fascinating but yet something seems to be missing..maybe thats marilyn itself
Darren
Bought it right when it came out. Great photos.
Summer
Summer marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
N.kraitongsuk
N.kraitongsuk marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Ssparkalsss
Ssparkalsss marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2014
Arianna Paquette
Arianna Paquette marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Lynette Springer
Lynette Springer marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Elsa
Elsa marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
James
James marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
Kelli Plowman warden
Kelli Plowman warden marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Madina Rauf
Madina Rauf marked it as to-read
Ellana
Ellana marked it as to-read
Derek Rathbun
Derek Rathbun marked it as to-read
Billy Barr
Billy Barr marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Zain
Zain marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Sarah Impeciati loren
Sarah Impeciati loren marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Lauren Blair
Lauren Blair marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
  • Marilyn: 2the Last Take
  • The Many Lives of Marilyn Monroe
  • The Secret Life of Marilyn Monroe
  • The Secret Letters: of Marilyn Monroe and Jacqueline Kennedy
Bert Stern: Adventures Bert Stern: Fotografie Winter in China: An American Life Winter in China: An American Life Little Black Pill Bk