Start by marking “Marilyn Monroe: The Complete Last Sitting” as Want to Read:
Blank-133x176
Marilyn Monroe: The Co...

Bert Stern

Marilyn Monroe: The Complete Last Sitting

4.39 of 5 stars 4.39  ·  rating details  ·  308 ratings  ·  13 reviews
The more than 2,500 shots that make up this monumental classic tribute to actress Marilyn Monroe were taken by renowned fashion photographer Bert Stern over the course of a three-day sitting-the last time Marilyn would pose in front of a camera. Six weeks later, the actress was found dead in her home. Even despite the ominous facts surrounding this sitting, the images it p ...more
Published October 8th 2000 by Te Neues Publishing Company (first published 1982)

To ask other readers questions about Marilyn Monroe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Marilyn Monroe

Joey Traughber
This book is a joy to own! The photos are so beautiful and amazing! I don't usually re-read many books. But, I never tire of reading it! There is not not much text (less than 30 pages). Over 2,500 photos is the biggest photo collection of Marilyn I have ever seen! I love this book and I highly recommend it to all Marilyn fans!
Photobucket
Kristl
Oct 22, 2008 Kristl rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Marilyn lovers
Heartbreaking and raw; almost too much.
Kelly Beckett
My husband bought me this book as a present for our anniversary as I am a huge Marilyn fan. I love this book and I keep going back and looking through it every so often. Marilyn looks absolutely beautiful in all of these photos. This book is a must have for any Marilyn fan as the collection of photos are stunning! Of all the Marilyn books I have, this by far is my favorite of them all!
AnaRosa
A new, more mature Marilyn had emerged and with a halo of light around her each photograph explores the moods and intimacy of a woman loved by the world still unforgettable nearly 50 years later. An extraordinary look at Marilyn in the final days of her life. A treasure!
Holly
This is an odd book because Bert Stern comes off as an "I coulda fucked her, but I didn't" sort of guy. But if you take the commentary with a grain of salt, it's a fascinating and oddly heartbreaking series of photos.

NotSoLittleWitch
I have to say that all the pictures are perfect, but descriptions that Stern gave somehow disappointed me. Still worth seeing!
"read" this again in 05, it's just an essay with a jillion fabulous pictures of Norma Jean. Highly recommended.
Luke Dimech
<3 Beautiful photos and beautifully written. Revealing, Expressive and sensitive.
Lorraine
Visually breath taking!! Truly a coffee table book for all, hard to believe Marilyn wasn't considered photogenic by the major studios at first!
Danielle
Despite some slightly creepy passages from the photographer, this book is extraordinary. The photos are magical.
Akshay Karna
nicely collaborated..photographs are fascinating but yet something seems to be missing..maybe thats marilyn itself
Darren
Bought it right when it came out. Great photos.
Alexa Kelley
Alexa Kelley marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Caitlin
Caitlin marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
Amanda Quental
Amanda Quental marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2015
Marna
Marna marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Lori
Lori marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Mr. Gutiérrez
Mr. Gutiérrez marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Hana Bouziane
Hana Bouziane marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
Jules
Jules marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
Stephanie Woods
Stephanie Woods marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2015
Aniket Mishra
Aniket Mishra marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2015
Wendy Allen
Wendy Allen marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
  • Legend: The Life and Death of Marilyn Monroe
  • Fragments: Poems, Intimate Notes, Letters
  • Marilyn Monroe
  • Marilyn: 2the Last Take
Bert Stern: Adventures Bert Stern: Fotografie Winter in China: An American Life WINTER IN CHINA: An American Life Winter in China: An American Life