Start by marking “The 150 Best American Recipes: Indispensable Dishes from Legendary Chefs and Undiscovered Cooks” as Want to Read:

4.33 of 5 stars 4.33  ·  rating details  ·  40 ratings  ·  7 reviews
The Best of the Best from the Last Decade

Acclaimed by the critics, The Best American Recipes series has long been the universal choice of home cooks and professional chefs as the one infallible source of the year's most dazzling recipes.

Now in The 150 Best American Recipes, two of the food world's most respected professionals pull out all the stops to create the ultimate r
Published September 27th 2006 by Rux Martin/Houghton Mifflin Harcourt

To ask other readers questions about The 150 Best American Recipes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The 150 Best American Recipes

Dec 29, 2014 Sarah marked it as to-read
I had this stuck in my cooked from pile, because it has the Zuni chicken recipe, which I've made. But I made it from the Zuni cafe cookbook, so I will find a different recipe to try from this book. I've heard good things, so am looking forward to trying something new!
jessi lee
Jan 25, 2008 jessi lee rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to jessi lee by: my mom
this is the cookbook that i consult first. if you've eaten at my house in the past year, you've probably been served one of these recipes. every single recipe is interesting and good.

my mom got me into it, and is a big fan of the series that this is culled from. since i mainly cook vegetarian, i probably wouldn't have looked at it myself. but there are a bunch of great veggie recipes & great ideas that i've incorporated into other dishes.

some of my favorites: roasted brussel sprouts w/ walnu
I love this cookbook! Originally I had borrowed it from the library but it had too many great recipes! Although a lot of the recipes are nothingvery different or special, I love there are recipes that can work for both informal and formal getherings. The little introduction and tips are wonderful too; they add a personal touch to the cookbook that really add a little something.
Brady
The authors collected the best of the best recipes appearing in print in recent years in America. I've tried a number of the recipes and so far they're all winners. Highly recommended.
Dee
This is my all time favorite cook book. I think I will make EVERYTHING in it.
Kelly
Lots of great ideas.
Jalon Fowler
LOVE this cookbook!
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
Lily
Lily marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2014
Leah Kirkpatrick
Leah Kirkpatrick marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Courtney Lake
Courtney Lake marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
Nomegor
Nomegor marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2013
Vittoria
Vittoria marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2013
Kyle Brackman
Kyle Brackman marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2013
Stacy
Stacy marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2013
Denise Moore
Denise Moore marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2013
Tara
Tara marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Molly Stevens is the author of All About Roasting and All About Braising, the latter of which won both the James Beard and the IACP cookbook awards. A contributing editor at Fine Cooking magazine, she lives near Burlington, Vermont.
More about Molly Stevens...
All about Braising: The Art of Uncomplicated Cooking All About Roasting: A New Approach to a Classic Art The Best American Recipes 2005-2006 The Best American Recipes 2004-2005 New England (Williams-Sonoma New American Cooking)