Start by marking “The Vision” as Want to Read:
The Vision

The Vision

SPANISH EDITION. Tomorrow will not be better. Wilkerson unfolds the vision God gave to him regarding the world's future. Christians as well as non-believers will want to hear God's warning to truly repent.
Published November 28th 1980 by Fleming H Revell Co (first published January 1st 1974)

To ask other readers questions about The Vision, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Vision

M
Aug 12, 2012 M rated it really liked it
I respect David Wilkerson and his ministry. This book is a written elucidation of a prophetic "vision" he apparently had in the summer of 1973. I first read this book in the late 70's and have read it more than 5 times since. I am sure Rev. Wilkerson's vision was real, but I am uncertain as to whether the book is a real reflection of exactly what his vision showed him. The book contains alot of commentary and (in my opinion)is more an exposition of Rev. Wilkerson world view as opposed to a liter ...more
Judy Short
Jul 15, 2014 Judy Short rated it it was amazing
Interesting! David Wilkerson in my opinion was a modern day prophet.
Shane Savage
Nov 04, 2012 Shane Savage rated it really liked it
An awesome and very sobering book, especially as the events he's prophesied are happening now!
Gail Welborn
Sep 10, 2011 Gail Welborn rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews
I believe this is the most important book I've ever reviewed outside of Bibles.

The Vision and Beyond, Prophecies Fulfilled and Still to Come, by David Wilkerson, 1974—reprinted 2003, World Challenge Publications, 143 Pages, $5.00

I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t eager to know what the future holds, yet the Bible warns believers away from psychics, mediums and others who foretell the future. However, God did send prophets in the past, such as Ezekiel, Jeremiah and Jonah to prophesy about or warn o
Terri
Oct 08, 2011 Terri added it
Recommended to Terri by: Barb Morgan
I thought this was an excellent book. I read it back in the early 80's and it was written back in the 60's or 70's about future times, and the things are starting to happen or have happened. Very good!
Tirza Horvath
This book is a very good teaching, it clearly shows that the only way you can be in a better position is to trust God. Without trusting Him, you will very much fail.
The last chapter is also something to deeply think about
Sharon
Nov 03, 2016 Sharon rated it it was amazing
A book that makes you see things differently.
Southernbelle0326
May 23, 2009 Southernbelle0326 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Mamma, Memaw
Recommended to Southernbelle0326 by: cindy withers
This book is about what is coming. It was shown to the author in a vision and he wrote a book about it.
Robert Dallmann
Jul 15, 2014 Robert Dallmann rated it it was amazing
The second time I read it... better than I remember!
Sophie
Dec 20, 2013 Sophie rated it it was amazing
Just amazing, I have no words to describe how I felt while I was reading this book
Arlee Bird
David Wilkerson's CROSS AND THE SWITCHBLADE is a classic of Christian evangelical literature, however this author holds a more dubious position for many analysts of Christian prophetic literature. THE VISION is mostly an artifact of Christian writing, more a matter of curiosity than a basis for real prophecy.

This book was first published over forty years ago. The prophecies described are essentially what can be found in the Bible and predictions that have been discussed by numerous other Christ
Jonathan Brenneman
Jul 03, 2016 Jonathan Brenneman rated it it was ok
Although David Wilkerson is a personal hero of mine, I can no longer agree with his views of God constantly being about to destroy the world because of it's evil. Wilkerson was as sincere as you can get in his beliefs. I used to read his sermons regularly as a teenager. I have a lot of them saved. Looking back, David's influence really helped me in some ways and really hurt me in others.

Most of this book would be the latter-its influence had a very negative impact on my spiritual life. It certa
Timo
Aug 04, 2011 Timo rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: timo
Vitun uskovaiset.
Tämä oli kyllä yksi hassuimmista ja eniten ääneen mut nauramaan saaneista kirjoista, mutta silti kävi ahdistamaan kävi tuo pohjaton ahdasmielisyys.
Ilmeisesti maailma sellaisena kuin me sen tunnemme loppuu n. huomenna, sillä Wilkersonin ennusmerkeistä puuttuu enää yxi: kaduilla kulkevat rajut homoseksualistijoukot, jotka raiskaavat kaikki vastaantulijat. Talouden epätasapaino, alastomuus televisiossa ja rajut luonnonilmiöt ovat jo tulleet.
David Wilkerson, ääliö.
Klaas
Jul 13, 2011 Klaas rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Strange that a so called vision understates what's already available by common sense and argued by philosophy and science. The dogmatic and judging tone make this book unappealing for non-christianic readers. It's also weird that the author doesn't describe what one can do about climate change or social issues except for following the holy word blindly. One star though for reminding readers that times are-a-changing.
Larry
May 31, 2010 Larry rated it really liked it
This book was originally published in 1977. At the time of it's first publishing, it was controversial to many. Some even labeled Brother Wilkerson as a "sensationalist" and dismissed his writings here in this book. Many of the things predicted have now come to pass...it will now raise the hair on the back of your neck! I DARE YOU TO READ IT!
Jamar
May 20, 2013 Jamar rated it it was amazing
Josue Olvera
Jun 02, 2016 Josue Olvera rated it it was ok
Escatológico
Charly Di leo
Jun 07, 2013 Charly Di leo rated it it was amazing
Muchas de las cosas ya pasaron y otras están pasando... estamos en este tiempo..
Bigpicture
Bigpicture rated it really liked it
Nov 12, 2010
Merryn Patterson
Merryn Patterson rated it really liked it
Mar 07, 2014
Antonio Barreto
Antonio Barreto rated it liked it
Feb 14, 2015
Frank
Frank rated it it was amazing
Apr 13, 2013
Ilkka Sillanpää
Ilkka Sillanpää rated it really liked it
Aug 08, 2011
Dany
Dany rated it it was amazing
Mar 24, 2013
Kerri
Kerri rated it it was amazing
Dec 11, 2014
Geneva Andrews
Geneva Andrews rated it it was amazing
Nov 18, 2015
Aki-matti
Aki-matti rated it really liked it
Jun 27, 2012
José Cervantes Posadas
José Cervantes Posadas rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2015
Lori H
Lori H rated it it was ok
Aug 16, 2012
Corneliu Paraschiv
Corneliu Paraschiv rated it liked it
Oct 20, 2012
  • Your Spiritual Gifts Can Help Your Church Grow
  • A Diary of Private Prayer
  • More Than Conquerors
  • The Power Of Praying Together
  • Vertical Church: What Every Heart Longs for. What Every Church Can Be.
  • Finding Favor with the King: Preparing for Your Moment in His Presence
  • The Sign: The Shroud of Turin and the Secret of the Resurrection
David Ray Wilkerson was an American Christian evangelist, best known for his book The Cross and the Switchblade. He was the founder of the addiction recovery program Teen Challenge, and founding pastor of the non-denominational Times Square Church in New York.

Wilkerson's widely distributed sermons, such as "A Call to Anguish", are known for being direct and frank against apostasy and serious about
More about David Wilkerson...