Start by marking “Rosario+Vampire, Vol. 1 (Rosario+Vampire, #1)” as Want to Read:
Rosario+Vampire, Vol. 1 (Rosario+Vampire, #1)

Rosario+Vampire, Vol. 1 (Rosario+Vampire #1)

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  5,006 ratings  ·  143 reviews
Tsukune's going to have one heck of a hickey when he gets home from Monster High!

All-around average teenager Tsukune can't get accepted to any high school save one...but on his first day he finds the rest of the student body doesn't appear average at all. Best of all, the cutest girl on campus can't wait to fling her arms around his neck! Wait a sec'--are those her teeth a
Published June 3rd 2008 by VIZ Media LLC

Death Note, Vol. 1 by Tsugumi OhbaFullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 01 by Hiromu ArakawaFruits Basket, Vol. 1 by Natsuki TakayaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriVampire Knight, Vol. 1 by Matsuri Hino
Best Manga/Anime Book Ever
102nd out of 976 books — 2,920 voters
Vampire Academy by Richelle MeadTwilight by Stephenie MeyerMarked by P.C. CastCity of Bones by Cassandra ClareBlue Bloods by Melissa de la Cruz
Best Teen Vampire Fiction
53rd out of 346 books — 4,388 voters

More lists with this book...

L.H.O.O.Q.
Review of the first manga series 1-10:

This manga is not terrible, let’s just say that. But it has a lot of problems.

The art is beautiful and I think the art itself is where the author’s talent lies most heavily, not plotting. The plots of each volume…pretty laughable to even try to identify them with the idea of ‘plot.’ The situations are so see through you know well before anything goes down just how it all will end.

Fan service is always appalling when it happens upon a page, though expected,
Emma
Haha, okay. Well. My husband warned me I would hate this. I forgot, though, and I was too tempted by seeing a volume one sitting on my library's shelves all lonely and calling to me, "Emma, Emma, read me."

At first I was appalled at the fan service. I thought no way am I making it through this whole volume. However! My smut-reading side said to me, Emma, you read smut, how different is this really? So I trudged through.

This series makes me a little sad because the art is beautiful, really, absolu
D.M. Dutcher
Tsukune somehow manages to get sent to a monster high school because he fails at getting into any other high school, period (despite being average as opposed to a loser.) He runs into a cute girl named Moka, literally, who then greets him and sucks his blood. The two become friends, and soon he's taking classes, hoping none of the other monsters find out he is human, or he's dead meat.

This is bad because every single story follows the same plot.

1. A new person appears.
2. New person is bad/evil a
Chibineko
I honestly didn't think I'd like this manga very much, mostly due to its length. I normally have an issue with overly long mangas because they'll often start with a rather cliched start and then drag that out into infinity with multiple volumes. It looks like there's still a chance of this hitting Naruto-esque levels of overly drawn out plot, but this had a fairly strong start.

The artwork here is nice and is the type that lends itself well to serialized format. It's neither so overly detailed t
Yodamom
Cute story with nice illustrations and interesting characters. A human troubled boy is sent to a school for monsters, vampires, werewolves, mermaids... where he meets and is attracted to a vampire girl. This vampire girl is attracted to him too, well his blood for sure. There is a bit of boy/girl trying to snatch them action that is humorous. It seems everyone wants him or they want her and they really only want each other.
This first book wasn't great but it has a lot of promise. I think the cha
I'mogén
Rosario+Vampire is a cute manga about a pretty bellow average, human boy named Tskune, who somehow manages to get into a high school for monsters unknowingly. He meets Moka and they become fast friends, so Tskune stays. In order to stay and get to know Moka better, Tskune must keep his human identity a secret. He get's into major battles and finds more, rather strange friendships along the way.
I can't tell you how many times I've stopped and started reading this series, as well as watching the a
Rose Haertl
Tsukune is a young juvenile delinquent who can't get into any high school because of horrible grades and bad behavior. One day, his parents find a flier for a high school called "Monster High", a private school. When Tsukune goes to school, he finds out it's full of monsters! Vampires, werewolves, mythical creatures, etc. Being the only human in the school, he must hide his identity until he is finished with all 4 years of schooling. He can't leave or tell anybody he is secretly a human or he wi ...more
Matt Ryan
Tsukune Aono, a typical teenager finds himself at a school for monsters, apart from the human world. He meets a vampire named Moka, who has two forms that she can take - A more sweet, shy and docile Moka, who likes to suck Tsukune's blood, and a harsh, arse kicking and deadpan Moka who has insane fighting powers. The novel covers his and Moka's experiences at the school with multiple monster students attempting to attack him because he is human.

The graphic novel has a very interesting concept, h
Anna the Haibane
Rosario Vampire is kind of hard to talk about, at least for me. Not because it's BAD, but because I have... mixed feelings about its potrayal of women and men and their relationship with each other.
The positive side to this argument is that, in this manga, the women are very empowered. They're not weak, and they can protect themselves. Tskune clings to them, not the other way around. Tskune also kind of breaks through the gender barrier here, as his skill lies not in fighting, but in reaching ou
*Miss Fame*
Actual rating: 2.5

Hmm... well... I don't really have a strong opinion of the first volume of Rosario+Vampire... it has all the elements I usually love, but at the same time, I was really super "meh" about the book and it was pretty predictable. Tsukune and Moka are kind of dumb... not gonna lie. But I guess if I think about it, they're acting like typical teenagers (stuck to each others side, can't do anything without the other, etc.) But still, they're behavior annoyed me.

The art really isn't
Brooklyn Teen-central
Reviewed by delil1

Tsukune Aono is an all-around average guy, which is a nice way of saying that there was absolutely nothing special about him in any way. Because of this he is unable to get into any high school. That is until he is mistakenly accepted to Yokai Academy a strange and mysterious private school. That school looks weird and is sort of creepy but that’s ok because Tsukune has just befriended Moka Akashiya, the most beautiful girl he has ever seen. And then the other shoe drops when h
Susan
For awhile there, one of the more popular series in our manga collection.

Tsukune's lousy grades worry his parents so they jump at the chance to enroll him at a school that seems to have an extremely liberal admissions policy. Naturally there's a catch that Tsukune finds out too late. He's enrolled in a school for monsters and Moka, the gorgeous friendly girl he meets when he gets there, is actually a vampire who finds his blood irresistable. While the students are warned not to reveal their tru
Agos ♡
Rosario + Vampire narra como Tsukune, un adolescente normal, termina ingresando por error a un instituto de monstruos. Allí conoce a Moka, una hermosa y simpática chica, hasta que un rosario es removido de su pecho: Entonces la vampiresa interior de Moka despierta.

Fue un gran, GRAN error, haber visto el anime antes de leer esto: Siempre estaba pensando en cómo me sentía respecto a las cosas que ocurrían en el manga pensando en el anime y por lo mismo se me hizo muy difícil escribir esta reseña.

E
Mark
When I bought this, I was kind of hoping to find another new horror stories, complete with some referrence to sexual tryst. You know, similar to the "High School of the Dead" series. But no. This one actually is a comedy. Nothing horror about it, unless if it was meant to generate some laughs.

Tersebutlah seorang remaja yang tidak diterima masuk di SMA manapun juga. Namanya Aono Tsukume. Oleh karena didorong rasa putus asa dan tidak ingin anaknya putus sekolah, maka orang tuanya pun mendaftarkan
Séverine
J'avais déjà lu la première saison de Rosario + Vampire il y a maintenant 5 ans, et depuis que j'ai vu l'anime, il y a 1 an, je n'arrête pas de me dire qu'il faut absolument que je me refasse la première saison. Et on commence aujourd'hui avec ce premier tome!

Rosario + Vampire raconte l'histoire de Tsukune, un jeune humain qui a raté tous les examens d'entrée au lycée. Tout semblait perdu, jusqu'au jour où son père trouve un formulaire d'inscription pour le lycée yokaï, qui ne fait pas passer d'
Brandon Varnell
While a part of me would like to say the only reason I read this manga is for the awesome artwork and cute fanservice girls, I must confess to having actually enjoyed the story a lot.

Being one of those hopeless romantic types who enjoys reading a good romance so long as it's been properly mixed with a healthy dose of action, comedy and, well, fanservice, I enjoyed reading Rosario+Vampire a lot more than I probably should have. I'll admit, it's one of my favorite Guilty Pleasure reads.

I thought t
Stacey
I like the idea for this one: absolutely average teen only able to get into one school, a school for monsters. I'm not sure I like the execution. So far each story is essentially the same. Tsukune is threatened by something, he worries about being exposed as a human, when Moka arrives to help he must take off her Rosario to unleash the beast. I hope it expands from the formula because it's already feeling a little stale.
Eline
Rosario+Vampire begint een beetje dom (niet de meest intelligente hoofdpersonages, brave monster vecht scenes,...), maar naarmate de serie vordert, wordt ze stukken interessanter.
In het eerste volume maken we kennis met de mannelijke/menselijke hoofdpersonage, Tsukune, die terecht komt in een school vol monsters. Daar wordt hij, zoals het een zichzelf respecterende harem-manga betaamt, omgeven door vrouwelijke fans die vallen voor zijn goede manieren en zachtaardig karakter. Tsukune en zijn har
Maria Rios
*****SPOILER ALERT*******I WILL INCLUDE SEASON 2 IN THIS REVIEW**********
What first began as a "let me just pull out this book and read it and forget about it later on" turned out to be the series that I really badly wanted to finish. I fell in love with the characters, each one was unique in its own way, and I especially loved both Moka and Tzukune(I wish they had ended up together) the manga was filled with all the things that I loved, romance, mystery, action, humor, but most of all wonderful
Zac Chase
Tsukune was an average person got average marks in school and always got average test scores. until he took the entrance exam and failed. His father and mother were devastated. so when his father picked up a piece of paper off the ground and read that it was a high school acceptance letter he kept it for his son. but when Tsukune got to the school. it looked more like a haunted mansion. everything seemed fine until he got ran over by a girl on a bike and they both crashed. they landed in an awkw ...more
Douglas Cootey
Formulaic. Way too much fan service. But for 99¢ it wasn't a bad read. I suspect Tsukune is secretly a monster, which is why he was allowed into the academy, but I don't care enough about the characters to read 10 or so volumes to find out.
Astri
A little piece of me died inside after having read this...plus that's 30 minutes of my life that I'll never get back. :(
The whole "high school for non-humans" concept was cool, but the execution was beyond cheesy. It burns!!
Kristy Buzbee
An interesting storyline concept, poorly executed. Lots of boobs, and not much else.
Jade
This site doesn't have all 10 volumes from season 1 so here I am going to review the whole first series of manga books. The image shows a season 2 book, but the information and title indicates season 1. Let it be known that this is the second manga that I ever read and it was the second I had ever owned so at the time of buying this I did not have much to compare it to, but years on, I now do.

The art inside each volume is stunning, every time I turn a page I am amazed and every time a new charac
Timothy Stone
Rosario + Vampire has a unique, if oft-done premise. As the first volume, Lesson One: Vampires begins, we meet the main character, a young man named Tsukune Aono, who is a thoroughly average boy of high school age. Given the Japanese system of schooling, whereby you must be accepted to the next tier of education for high school and college before one can progress, Tsukune is in a bit of a bind. He has flunked out of any hope for advancement, and must wait a year to try again. One day, his father ...more
Ariane
Yawn. An average, boring teenage boy goes to school. At school he acquires a harem of beautiful, lively teenage girls who are all attracted to him because, despite being average and boring, he really has a heart of gold. They all vie for his affection, but even though he sees all of their panties and touches all of their breasts, his heart belongs to whichever Mary-Jane Watson he met on his first day of school. This version of the cliched (albeit profitable) guy's manga involves the students at ...more
Strangerealms
I think the first serie gets 4 stars while the Season II gets 5 stars.

The first serie is too predictable, almost the same simple plot occurs in each volume, the first volumes, that quickly gets resolved in the same volume. It's only in the last volumes that it starts getting more interesting. In the other hand Season II is much better, it has better plots, they last longer, and the villains cannot be beaten up solely by Moka this time, they all have to join forces in Season II. Tsukune is also m
Denise
Eine Geschichte voller Monster, Action und Romance bieten uns Tskune und seine Freunde. Sein Abenteuer als Mensch an einer Monsterschule beginnt.
Der Zeichenstil schwankt in diesem Manga, mal finde ich sie einfach nur schlecht, doch dann kommen Nahansichten und die finde ich wieder wirklich gut. Man kann es einfach nicht mit dem Anime vergleichen.
Das Konzept der Schule sieht vor, dass die Monster lernen sollen unter Menschen zu leben und dadurch in Menschengestaltung zu sehen sind. Dadurch wird d
Nina at Death Books and Tea
More 3.5
Review : Tsukune Aono enrols at the only school that will take him. Which he doesn't particularly like, considering the only way of accessing the school is through a long tunnel, and the bus driver tells him he might not see anything other than the school ever again. But things start to look up when he comes across a really cute girl who seems to fall in love with him. The bad side: she's a vampire who immediately snacks on his neck. And the rest of the students and staff are also monste
Taylor
I started this series on Netflix. Just flipping through the recently added shows on my day off and I stumbled on this one. I read through a vague outline of the plot and it occured to me someone had recommended the series to me a long time ago. I said, what the heck I've got nothing better to do, and hit play. This was the beginning of a mild obsession. Vampire anything is usally enough to get me to try something and in this case I was extremely please with myself that I had given the show a cha ...more
  • Chibi Vampire, Vol. 08
  • The Record of a Fallen Vampire, Volume 1
  • Negima! Magister Negi Magi, Vol. 1
  • Chibi Vampire: The Novel, Volume 1
  • Vampire Knight, Vol. 4 (Vampire Knight, #4)
  • Vampire Doll: Guilt-na-Zan, Vol. 1 (Vampire Doll: Guilt-Na-Zan, #1)
  • Afterschool Charisma, Vol. 1
  • Suzuka, Vol. 1
  • Black Cat: Cerberus Strikes, Vol. 8 (Black Cat, #8)
  • Bakuman, Vol. 18
Akihisa Ikeda (池田晃久) is a manga artist/manga-ka best known for the manga series Rosario + Vampire (ロザリオとバンパイア Rosario to Vampire). He's been a huge fan of vampires and monsters since he was a little kid. He says one of the perks of being a manga artist is being able to go for walks during the day when everybody else is stuck in the office.
More about Akihisa Ikeda...

Rosario+Vampire (10 books)
  • Rosario+Vampire, Vol. 2 (Rosario+Vampire, #2)
  • Rosario+Vampire, Vol. 3 (Rosario+Vampire, #3)
  • Rosario+Vampire, Vol. 4 (Rosario+Vampire, #4)
  • Rosario+Vampire, Vol. 5 (Rosario+Vampire, #5)
  • Rosario+Vampire, Vol. 6 (Rosario+Vampire, #6)
  • Rosario+Vampire, Vol. 7 (Rosario+Vampire, #7)
  • Rosario+Vampire, Vol. 8 (Rosario+Vampire, #8)
  • Rosario + Vampire, Tome 9 (Rosario+Vampire, #9)
  • Rosario+Vampire, Vol. 10 (Rosario+Vampire, #10)
Rosario+Vampire, Vol. 3 (Rosario+Vampire, #3) Rosario+Vampire, Vol. 2 (Rosario+Vampire, #2) Rosario+Vampire, Vol. 4 (Rosario+Vampire, #4) Rosario+Vampire, Season II, Vol. 1 (Rosario+Vampire: Season II, #1) Rosario+Vampire, Vol. 5 (Rosario+Vampire, #5)

“But ma'am, can't we just eat all the humans?” 1 likes