Start by marking “Kiss and Tango: Looking for Love in Buenos Aires” as Want to Read:
Kiss and Tango: Looking for Love in Buenos Aires

Kiss and Tango: Looking for Love in Buenos Aires

3.04  ·  Rating Details  ·  55 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Should you ever give up the fast track? Could you settle down with the spirit of adventure still in your blood? And just how do you say "Mr. Wrong" in Spanish anyway? Fueled by tango addiction, the hope of romancing a sultry porteño, and a one-way ticket to Buenos Aires, Marina Palmer is about to find out.
Approaching her dreaded thirtieth birthday -- without a doting hus
Published June 28th 2005 by William Morrow

To ask other readers questions about Kiss and Tango, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kiss and Tango

The Meaning of Tango by Christine DennistonLong After Midnight at the Nino Bien by Brian WinterEl tango de la Guardia Vieja by Arturo Pérez-ReverteRomances de Tango by Lucía GálvezTango Stories by Lavocah, Michael
Tango
7th out of 30 books — 5 voters

More lists with this book...

Recburns
WORST BOOK I HAVE EVER READ
Holly
May 14, 2008 Holly rated it liked it
Just shy of thirty and suffering from an all-encompassing career/love/life malaise which I'm somewhat familiar with, Palmer whimsically decides to chuck it all and move to Argentina to become a professional tango dancer. This is a memoir of the years she spent chasing that dream.

I put this title on my Amazon wish list close to two years ago and then promptly forgot about it. I was reminded of the premise again recently because I actually have a friend considering chucking it all to move to Argen
Suzanne
Sep 20, 2010 Suzanne rated it did not like it
Shelves: no, memoir
I love tango, but I did not love this book. It's not that it was badly written or didn't cover the subject well. I just couldn't stand the voice that told the story, and it takes a lot for me not to like someone. If you would like to read the diary of a privileged, selfish, melodramatic person with the relational attention span of a 15-year-old (instead of the grown woman she allegedly was when she wrote it) who makes a the same mistakes that a lot of the rest of us do but, unlike the rest of us ...more
Catherine
Oct 31, 2007 Catherine rated it it was amazing
Marina Palmer follows her heart, packs up, and moves from New York to Buenos Aires. She doesn't speak Spanish but she loves the tango. This is not sophisticated writing, but it was a lot of fun to read about Palmer's adventures. I was more than a little envious not only of her courage to cast off all commonsense, but also that her father helped fund her through her capricious romp.
Ang
May 16, 2014 Ang rated it really liked it
Fun! Most books about Argentine Tango follow the same story line girl loses love, girl finds tango, girl finds herself, her loves and her life. While this might follow the same old story, told in books and in the lives of many who dance the tango, Marina Palmer writes beautifully; engaging the reader and making the old story new again. Enjoyable read!
Jana Gutiérrez
Dec 18, 2015 Jana Gutiérrez rated it liked it
I find Ms. Palmer somewhat trite and annoying in that NYC socialite experiencing a Sex and the City sort of midlife crisis way. And I get very bored with the "exotic" fetichization of the Argentine tango tradition. I'm going to keep plodding through this book if only as a "what NOT to do" guide for my upcoming solo jaunt to Buenos Aires.
Hulananni
Jul 19, 2007 Hulananni added it
Shelves: didntfinish
I couldn't finish this. It was a book that I had to force myself to pick up...that's not fun. It looked good when I read the promo piece before I bought it...but I found it very boring. The protagonist put me to sleep.
Charlie
Apr 20, 2009 Charlie rated it really liked it
Like a TV show you don't want to admit you're watching, you follow Marina through her transition from advertising agent to tango addict.
i felt a little dirtier, but i didn't stop reading!
Luci
Jan 24, 2011 Luci rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2011
An easy read but I found her annoying. I'm not sure if she was being sincere and I just don't like her voice or she was being humorous and I just didn't get it.
Sierra Edgar
Sep 22, 2009 Sierra Edgar rated it it was amazing
This is so very sensual, sexy, and delicious. I fully recommend this for late nights alone. I might just read it again!
Ruthie
Aug 21, 2010 Ruthie rated it it was amazing
Awesome!..especially since I know how to tango! Ay! :-)
Megha
Apr 01, 2008 Megha rated it it was ok
frustrating read. but interesting look into buenos aires..
Lori Lyons
Sep 18, 2008 Lori Lyons rated it did not like it
not worth reading, let alone purchasing.
Julie
Sep 11, 2007 Julie rated it really liked it
makes me want to learn to tango
Fiona Cochrane
Fiona Cochrane rated it really liked it
Apr 03, 2016
Ntli
Ntli added it
Mar 09, 2016
Emily
Emily is currently reading it
Dec 16, 2015
Alana
Alana rated it really liked it
Dec 15, 2015
Camila González Martínez
Camila González Martínez rated it did not like it
Dec 16, 2015
Daniel Coali
Daniel Coali rated it liked it
May 10, 2015
Meg
Meg marked it as to-read
May 09, 2015
Nicole Waites
Nicole Waites marked it as to-read
May 06, 2015
Keimi Malave
Keimi Malave rated it liked it
Apr 15, 2015
Eleni Christaki
Eleni Christaki marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
Jelena
Jelena rated it really liked it
Oct 22, 2014
Tamani
Tamani rated it liked it
Oct 07, 2014
Deedee
Deedee marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2016
Steve
Steve added it
Aug 11, 2014
Gabriela Araujo
Gabriela Araujo marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2015