Start by marking “Harlequin Historical Christmas Stories 1990 (The MacGregors, #0.2)” as Want to Read:
Harlequin Historical Christmas Stories 1990 (The MacGregors, #0.2)

Harlequin Historical Christmas Stories 1990 (The MacGregors 0.2)

3.89  ·  Rating Details  ·  342 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Three great Christmas stories: In From the Cold by Nora Roberts, Miracle of the Heart by Patricia Potter, and Christmas at Bitter Creek by Ruth Langan.
Mass Market Paperback, 377 pages
Published November 1st 1990 by Harlequin (first published 1986)

To ask other readers questions about Harlequin Historical Christmas Stories 1990, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Harlequin Historical Christmas Stories 1990

Love Firsts by C.L. StoneThe Best American Short Stories 2008 by Salman RushdieMurder for Christmas by Thomas GodfreyGood Poems by Garrison KeillorSpeaking With the Angel by Nick Hornby
Samplers
33rd out of 72 books — 13 voters

More lists with this book...

Andrea Guy
Dec 14, 2009 Andrea Guy rated it it was amazing
This was the Christmas Anthology from 1990 with three stories from early America.

1. Nora Roberts: In From The Cold: I loved this one. Its Ian MacGregor's tale and set in time just before the Revolutionary. He's shot and is found by the lovely Allanna Flynn before the holiday. Together they find love for the holiday, but because of Ian's commitment to seeing America free from the British, Allanna pushes him away. Thankfully Ian's family contrive to bring them together.

As always Nora Roberts creat
Dec 14, 2013 Sarah rated it liked it
A solid, only slightly dated, collection of stories that take place around Christmas at some point in our country's past.

The first, from Nora Roberts takes place on just before the Revolutionary War and concerns a young Scottish revolutionary and the peace loving daughter of an Irish farmer. While there's clearly an attraction between the two, she cannot accept the role he's eager to play in the upcoming conflict.

In the next story, brothers on opposite sides of the Civil War agree to a truce for
Dorry Lou
Nov 14, 2012 Dorry Lou rated it it was ok
I suppose because this was a Harlequin book it was not as clean as I usually read. There were 3 stories written by 3 different authors. I did not enjoy the first 2 very much but I did like the 3rd one quite well. Laura was a girl that had always done what her father wanted even now when he had been dead for 3 years. She was left the family ranch and needed someone to help her run it. When Matthew Braden came back to town after leaving years before she hoped he would stay and for good this time. ...more
Gemma
Nov 30, 2011 Gemma rated it liked it
Nora Robert's story was a DNF for me. Maybe if I'd been following the series I'd have enjoyed it more. Instead, I found I didn't connect with the characters.

I enjoyed Patricia Potter's story. My only complaint was that the ending was a bit abrupt.

Ruth Langan's story was also a DNF for me. The heroine let herself be ruled by her father's demands, even though he'd been dead for three years! I hate doormat heroines.
Angela9600
Jan 05, 2015 Angela9600 rated it liked it
Is it bad that I liked the recipes more than the stories? Hmm. I am interested in trying them!
Anna-Lisa
Dec 14, 2010 Anna-Lisa rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
This one by Nora Roberts wasn't anything special. First two books of the MacGregors Family Saga. It was okay but both novels were a bit too short for me and the heroes and heroines were too fast deeply in love for my taste.

But it was an okay-read for inbetween. Mostly the second story because it was a Christmas story.
Tishke
May 28, 2012 Tishke rated it it was ok
Shelves: historical
This review is for Nora Robert's In From The Cold.

I generally love series; it gives the readers a longer relationship with characters. Since this book was the second one in the series it was an obligatory read for me. I found it quite boring and lacking. It didn't even put me in the Christmas spirit.
Book rating (average of three stories)= 3.33 stars

In From the Cold by Nora Roberts

Miracle of the Heart by Patricia Potter
3 stars

Christmas at Bitter Creek by Ruth Langan
Kristi
Dec 07, 2013 Kristi rated it it was ok
DNF. Just couldn't get into it. Read the first and it was okay, but found I had no interest to read the the other two despite my love of Christmas stories.
Bobbie
Dec 28, 2013 Bobbie rated it liked it
Good stories - I think of all the Christmas anthology books I've read this year this one had all my favorite stories in it. One made me cry!!
Ewa
Mar 20, 2013 Ewa rated it liked it
Only Nora's book.
Lori Daley
Lori Daley marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2016
Catherine
Catherine marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2016
Kendra
Kendra marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2016
Tammy
Tammy marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2016
Cristine
Cristine marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2016
alma miller
alma miller marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2016
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2016
Andrea Helwig-Henseleit
Andrea Helwig-Henseleit marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2016
Amber Fountain
Amber Fountain marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2016
Brandie
Brandie marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2016
Linda alldredge
Linda alldredge marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2016
Maryann Seaman phillippe
Maryann Seaman phillippe marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2016
Ramya
Ramya rated it it was amazing
Jun 19, 2016
Sreevidhya
Sreevidhya marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2016
Rhonda DiGiovanni
Rhonda DiGiovanni marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2016
Danielle Evens
Danielle Evens marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2016
Stacey LaForge
Stacey LaForge marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2016
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2016
  • Mistletoe and Holly
  • A Regency Christmas: Scarlet Ribbons / Christmas Promise / A Little Christmas
  • Heating Up The Holidays
  • What Child Is This?: A Christmas Story
  • One Candlelit Christmas (The MacLerie Clan #4.5) (Wellingfords #2.5)
  • Tis the Season
  • A Bride By Christmas: Home For Christmas\ The Wise Virgin\ Tumbleweed Christmas
  • A Midnight Clear: Family Christmas Stories
  • A Regency Christmas VII
  • Coming Home for Christmas: A Christmas in Paradise\O Christmas Tree\No Crib for a Bed
  • A Very Marley Christmas
  • Snow Angels
  • I'll Be Home For Christmas (Toot & Puddle)
  • More Than Words
  • I'm Your Santa (Brava Brothers, #2.5)
  • Memories: A Husband to Remember\New Year's Daddy
  • The Red Suit Diaries: A Real-Life Santa on Hopes, Dreams, and Childlike Faith
  • The Naughty List
Nora Roberts was born in Silver Spring, Maryland. She began writing when a blizzard in February 1979 kept her in her hilltop home with a three and six year old for nearly a week of canceled kindergarten and dwindling chocolate supplies.

During the now-famous blizzard, she pulled out a pencil and notebook and began to write a story for her own entertainment. From the first page, she knew it was wha
More about Nora Roberts...

The MacGregors (9 books)
  • Playing The Odds (The MacGregors, #1)
  • Tempting Fate (The MacGregors, #2)
  • All The Possibilities (The MacGregors, #3)
  • One Man's Art (The MacGregors, #4)
  • For Now, Forever (The MacGregors, #5)
  • The MacGregor Brides (MacGregors, #6)
  • The Winning Hand (The MacGregors, #7)
  • The MacGregor Grooms (MacGregors, #8)
  • The Perfect Neighbor (The MacGregors, #9)