The Donovan Legacy (Donovans #1-3)

The Donovan Legacy (The Donovan Legacy #1-3 omnibus)

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  3,617 ratings  ·  52 reviews
Special gifts.....for three magical cousins. New York Times bestselling author Nora Roberts delivers a special trade-size collection featuring three of her most beloved stories from the Donovan family series. Three Donovan cousins must learn to accept their mystic legacies while falling under the spell of love.
Trade Paperback, 581 pages
Published October 1st 1999 by Silhouette (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about The Donovan Legacy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Donovan Legacy

Dark Lover by J.R. WardTwilight by Stephenie MeyerHalfway to the Grave by Jeaniene FrostDead Until Dark by Charlaine HarrisDarkfever by Karen Marie Moning
Best Paranormal Romance Series
158th out of 1,362 books — 9,348 voters
Vision in White by Nora RobertsDance Upon the Air by Nora RobertsBed of Roses by Nora RobertsSavor the Moment by Nora RobertsHappy Ever After by Nora Roberts
Best Nora Roberts Novels
69th out of 213 books — 916 voters

More lists with this book...

Kristie Maguire
Good book. It's 3 novels under 1 cover. I'm glad I was able to read the 3 novels straight through.

The sex scenes were very well written. But the sex scenes in each of the 3 novels (with 3 different couples) was treated basically the same way with the sex being at times almost violent with ripping off clothes and and very intense. I guess I looked at the way the sex scenes were written with greater interest than maybe the normal reader because writing sensual romance is my specialty as a publish...more
Kitty
3 books in one: Captivated, Entranced, Charmed

Each story revolves around one of 3 cousins, all hereditary witches. Each story was the "finding their true love" thing, but very sweet, and very rich, adventure-filled tales. Now, *this* is what I'm looking for when I need a good "escape book".

This was my first Nora Roberts, and it was a good one - I've been hooked ever since.
Carrissaibbott
Firstly, I read this book in the published trilogy. I am a general fan of Nora Roberts; every now and again she rights a bland and boring romance (guy meets girl, angst, guy gets girl) but mostly her books are enthralling reads with riveting plots and interesting lead characters.

Books 1 and 2 were VERY good and I couldn't drag myself away from finishing the story (admittedly I didn't have any other demands on my time). Book 3 was a let down and not of the same standard but it was still good to f...more
Terri
I wouldn't say I didn't like these stories. They were ok. The stories were pretty predictable. The female characters to me, were well defined and easy to identify with. I especially liked Anastasia, and her story. But the male characters were not, with barely one slight physical description in each story. I also didn't find any of the men in these stories to be truly masculine.

I was also a little distracted by the number of grammatical errors in the books. I found many run on sentences, and sen...more
Anita
Ajándékba kapott, kopott, antikváriumi könyv az enyém – azóta még rongyosabbra olvasott, hiszen évente / kétévente újraolvasom. :) A főszereplők mind a ketten nagyon jól felépített jellemmel és személyes véleménnyel rendelkeznek.
Az első történetről: Morgana csodás üzletasszony, aki hiába vezet boszorkányboltot – csak néha csábul a vásárlók elvarázsolására (fene a jó szívét!) és Nash-t úgy ahogy van, zabálom. A bolond horror-fanatikus! Ennél jobban még nem láttam leírva, hogy milyen amikor egy i...more
Gabrielle
This book is consisted of Three Stories: CAPTIVATED ; Nash Falls in love with a woman named Morgana Donovan and she is a witch. Nash finds that to be strange and interesting. He wants to be with her always until the end of time. Nash does not have a very good relationship with his mother. Morgana believes that he can be a very kind man especially to her, So she decides to try and bring Nash and his mom closer together. Morgana finds out that she is pregnant. Nash is excited, Because now he has t...more
Karen
Good beach read. However, I may be kind of old for all this 20 something falling in love stuff. Even with the magical element of the 3 witch cousins, each with a different special power, finding their mortal mates, the drama seemed so unnecessary.... still, I enjoyed the way Nora Roberts sets the stage and ties up loose ends.
Joanne Malory
Nora Roberts is always an excellent read, this trilogy is one of her earlier works about 3 cousins with mystical gifts. Read on the beach, or tucked up under the covers, it won't disappoint.
Amyk01
I read to escape. Her books never fail. Love them all.
Maria
The three books makes your heart light and happy. I liked the story about Anastasia the best. It was so sweet the way she was so empathic that she was afraid to trust her self and her feelings. An empath not trusting her feelings, that was a bit different. Sometimes I do think that Nora Roberts men are a bit two dimensional. They are romantic but with a more animalistic side deeply hidden. And they are always long, nearly always dark and clad in jeans.

All three books was sweet and funny and hea...more
CJ - Drop Dead Cute
I got this omnibus after begging and begging my mother for it. I think I was in my early teens. See, I had 'borrowed' the second and third Donovan books from my mother (without her knowing of course) and hadn't read the first one yet and couldn't find it anywhere , she got it for me for Christmas and it was the best gift I got that year.

This is also the series that made me want to write something other than teen horror stories :)
Jeanne
The description sounded like "Bell, Book and Candle," a movie I still love. Who knew that "Captivated & Entranced" was a part of a trilogy?!?!? Evidently the clothes-ripping sensual sex is a Roberts specialty, but it kept me occupied enough to postpone doing my taxes. Definitely a romance novel, more like a summer read for those who like the Harlequin books. I did like the characters who met their mates, but not enough to read another.
Mindy
great series, can't wait to read the fourth book. I love the magic of triplets marrying triplets and that they are all witches and each have a child with amazing gifts that grows up to meet a mortal they can't live without. Nora Roberts has a way with Ireland, magic and romance. Great reads
Chelsea
A story about the Donovan Family... three cousins- all with special "gifts". Each story is about one cousin. Captivated about Morgana Donovan. Entranced about Sebastian. And Charmed about Anastasia. They are witches by birth. It's in their bloodline. Each cousin has an individual "gift".
Sharal Hunter
This was a three-in-one with the earlier Silhouette releases compiled into one book. I really enjoyed this series and look forward to reading more. I enjoyed the paranormal theme and especially the Wicca lessons. Fans of Nora Roberts will not be disappointed in these stories.
Beth
My Mom passed along this book to me probably five years ago, and I finally took a swag at it. It is better than I anticipated (thus put off reading it). All three stories were just so cute and intriguing. I liked it so much, I bought five more Nora Roberts books.
Bethany Harvey Paterno
The first story has a slow start, the second was not very good at all and as usual the third one in a NR trilogy is the best. All her books of three are like this. the first book is alright, the second isn't so good and the last is the best.
Stormy
Book three of this trilogy brings ever more outsiders into the Donovan world. You find yourself remembering traits of the cousins from the other two books & seeing how well they all intermingle & how their lives are always entangled together.
MaryJane
Pretty good, but not her best writing. I have read many of her books and I still think the best series as Nora Roberts is The Circle Trilogy. I have read a couple of J.D. Robb's books and thought that they were pretty good - 3 or 4 stars.
Pat
Well I can't believe it but I am reading another book about witches and psychics - this book was 3 books in one - Captivated, Charmed and Entranced. Each character witch finds romance and makes mates who are nonbelievers into believers
Tina
Finished the first two books of the trilogy. It is quintessential Nora Roberts fare. Completed the last book over the weekend. They were ok but I was left wanting more out of this trilogy. For me, not one of her better series.
Carli
These books are Nora Roberts at her very best. I loved the characters in all four novel (yes, there are four, though the legacy includes only three). They are real, well developed, and the love story is realistic.
Becky
I don't particularly care for some of NR's more fantasy driven books, which is kind of interesting since I do enjoy books by other authors in the fantasy genre. These stories just didn't do anything for me.
Alicia
I loved this book!!! I couldn't get enough of Anastasia, Boone, and Jessie. I know people don't necessarily like how they are predicable but I feel when it works it works. This is a very nice read.
Vicki
One of my all-time favorites. I go back and read it over and over again. I'm re-reading it now for pure comfort. Like sinking into comfy slippers and a warm fluffy bed. Magical, Mystical Romance.
Christi

I've read this book several times. However, it struck me today how similar they are. The story lines all pretty much follow the same path. I do enjoy the premise in them very much.
Joann Lagomarsino

While I'm not really a "romance" fan... I love Nora Robert's fantasy/sci fi books. The Donovan Witches are really wonderful stories. And the humor really is the icing on the cake.
Nicole
It's a good story line! I always like her witches. But i read the whole thing in a rather short period of time so the story line got a smidge tireing. Still fun to read and have the happy endings!
Janice
May 06, 2009 Janice added it
Wonderful characters. Loved all the witchy stuff. Interesting that one of the books has a man as main characters,usually in her trilogy books,it's all girls. Loved the first one the best.
Tatiana Lammers
I love how Nora Roberts write series about families!
The Donovans books were great and magical!!!
I really liked all 4 of them, but my favorite one is about Sebastian and Mel.
  • Suite 606 (includes In Death, #27.5)
  • Bridge of Dreams (Draycott Abbey #2)
  • Echoes from the Macabre: Selected Stories
  • Lone Wolf  (Westervelt Wolves,  #8)
  • The Healer
  • PitchDark Presents the Dark Days of Supernatural Paranormal Romance Sampler
  • The Damsel (Bride Quest, #2)
  • A Heart to Mend
  • Secret Keepers
  • Forever and Always (Forever, #2)
  • Love Came Just in Time: Anthology (MacLeod, #3-6)
aka
Jill March
J.D. Robb
Sarah Hardesty

Eleanor Marie Robertson was born on October 10, 1950 in Silver Spring, Maryland, USA. She was the youngest of five children, also the only girl, of a marriage with Irish ancestors. Her family were avid readers, so books were always important in her life. She attended a Catholic school and credits the nuns with instilling in her a sense of discipline. During her...more
More about Nora Roberts...