Start by marking “The Somebodies” as Want to Read:
The Somebodies

The Somebodies (Anybodies #3)

4.04  ·  Rating Details  ·  541 Ratings  ·  44 Reviews
There is a city beneath New York City, one made by and for Anybodies. There you can find Bing Chubb's Ballpark, Willy Fattler's ever–changing Underground Hotel, and a castle whose spire sticks up into the dirt–filled sky...dangerously close to the rear ends of unsuspecting picnic–goers in Central Park. It's an extraordinary place, but it is in danger of becoming ordinary b ...more
Published September 5th 2006 by HarperCollins (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Somebodies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Somebodies

Luann
Oct 05, 2008 Luann rated it it was amazing
What a fun series! I've been enjoying them myself, and I've also loved the reception they've been getting in my library. I haven't had to sell them to the students at all. I just put The Anybodies on the "new" shelf, and it was immediately checked out. Soon I had several requests for the "Anybody" books. The Nobodies was also snatched up as soon as I put it out. And I had to put myself on the hold list for The Somebodies because I had so many requests for it before I had a chance to read it!

But
Marie
Feb 25, 2014 Marie rated it it was amazing
Ahh... I love this series. I always thought that it was surprising the series didn't get more recognition for being so awesome. The series is really imaginative and unique and weird and hilarious and different from anything I've ever read, I love it so much. The only thing that disappointed me about the third book was the cover, which was kind of a letdown after the amazing cover art on the first two books!
Alexondra
Jan 31, 2015 Alexondra rated it it was amazing
I had no idea there was a third book and needless to say, this book did not disappoint! I even loved it more than the second one. As some reviewers mentioned, it is a shame that the books never received more recognition. Such a fun, great series!
Yomna Mahmoud
Oct 31, 2014 Yomna Mahmoud rated it really liked it
This series was really fun and entertaining. It's very laughable and worth the read, I really liked it!
Emma
Oct 06, 2014 Emma rated it liked it
cute story but didn't grab me.
Naomi
Oct 30, 2011 Naomi rated it it was amazing
I loved this series. It had such great characters and the plot line was just as fun as the two preceding books. The lessons that Fern and Howard learn about being true to yourself, the power of love and vital role of imagination in what it means to be human in this ever-changing world are just as relevant to adults as to children. One of the central themes that runs through all three of these books is that each of us is unique, with gifts to share with those we love and the world at large. Young ...more
Katie
Jul 20, 2014 Katie rated it it was amazing
Pure perfection
Boua Xiong
Sep 24, 2013 Boua Xiong rated it really liked it
I just read a amazing book, The Somebodies by Bode N.E. the story begins with a girl who was saving a guy from a different place that she did not know. The main character in this story is fern who is strong and brave. The best part of this story is the challenge that fern faces and the brave that she as to take. I like this book because it made me think how brave i am but nobody thinks so. If you book that are amazing and fitting for you then i recommend that you read this.
Jess Rowan
Dec 03, 2013 Jess Rowan rated it liked it
I'm giving this 3 stars instead of 2 ONLY because of the ever changing hotel idea. That was the problem with this whole series - great ideas that were never fully explored. Instead of fleshing out the interesting capabilities of Anybodies and their existence the author wastes SO MUCH TIME on pointless and very irritating asides. Very disappointed in this series that had so much potential.
Kristen
Jun 15, 2009 Kristen rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens
This was still a cute book, following Fern from The Anybodies and The Nobodies - I think I am just tired of reading kids' books for the time being. I ran out of books and had checked these out for my 10 yr old, and so read them for fun. Just keep in mind my 3-star rating is probably more from my own state of mind, more than a reflection of the book itself. But so it is.
Kim
Apr 30, 2012 Kim rated it did not like it
Just could not get into this whole series. Plodded my way thru the first two books and just stopped a third of the way through this one. It's more about me than the book itself. I do not care for stories where the child has a dippy parent. Nor do I care for books where the adult author is trying to be funny to children and isn't.
Erica
May 22, 2007 Erica rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Younger of the YA's
The main set up seems to be a conglomeration of many fantasy books, but the details are unique. An interesting interplay between the narrative and comments from the author. While it can stand alone, I would advise reading the other books first.
Emily W
Jan 21, 2010 Emily W rated it really liked it
Fern and Howard are stuck in forever changing hotel, an anybody hotel, of coarse. But hey! If they weren't they'd be at army camp. Meanwhile, books are having their souls sucked out.
Sandra Stiles
Apr 20, 2009 Sandra Stiles rated it it was amazing
What a quirky book. I loved it. It was a fitting ending to the trilogy. I like this author's style of writing. These were quick, easy reads for both me and my students.
Daniellen
Nov 05, 2009 Daniellen rated it it was amazing
This book seemed like a book that Lemony Snicket would write.
It was fantastic how mysterious it was throughout the whole book. This book is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Moses
Jun 14, 2008 Moses rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-of-07-08
A satisfying and fun finale of the series. The character development improved vastly from the Nobodies, and I'm pretty thankful for that.
Ravenna
Nov 21, 2008 Ravenna rated it it was amazing
I read the Anybodies and the Nobodies and they were both FREAKIN' AWESOME! so I have really high hopes for this book!!!!!
emily
Dec 26, 2007 emily rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: jamie
Shelves: imagination
i agree with Marissa, this was the best one in the series. i mean really--a city underground? under our very own NYC??! too cool.
Augustina
Sep 04, 2009 Augustina rated it really liked it
I was so sad when i realized this is probably the last one of the series. I love this book too, it was so exciting.
Daniel
A book Dilly brought home from the school library. Looking forward to reading the first & second books in this series.
Emily
Jun 13, 2011 Emily rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! It had a little bit of humor and a lot of adventure. N. E. Bode is a very good writer.
Michelle Hall
Sep 20, 2012 Michelle Hall rated it really liked it
Oh, how we love the Somebodies! And the Anybodies... and the Nobodies...

BRILLIANT novels. Just brilliant.
Kirsten
May 13, 2015 Kirsten rated it liked it
This was a fun, easy read for the end of this series. The story moves quickly and is entertaining.
Carzi Miller
Oct 28, 2009 Carzi Miller rated it it was amazing
this is such a good book! it made me laugh so much! lol i totally recomend this book! READ IT!
Erin
Aug 19, 2011 Erin rated it it was amazing
Very entertaining. I laughed so hard while reading this book. N.E. Bode has a very closing ending.
Nancy
Feb 19, 2008 Nancy rated it it was amazing
I just started this book and I already like it. I love the wit and humor, it spans the ages.
Christina
Jun 17, 2008 Christina rated it really liked it
MAN I love this series. The first one is still my favorite, but this was quite lovely too.
Denise
Feb 25, 2013 Denise rated it liked it
Good, but not as good as the first two books. This one seemed predictable to me.
Josie
Jul 22, 2013 Josie rated it really liked it
This book is really funny I couldn't put it down until I was done...SERIOUSLY!
Roshni
Nov 05, 2010 Roshni rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, childrens
Very odd book with a dash of humor, Bode is a very interesting author
  • Terrible Terrel (Sugar Plum Ballerinas, #4)
  • The Expeditioners and the Secret of King Triton's Lair (The Expeditioners, #2)
  • 15 Minutes
  • Once Upon the End (Half Upon a Time, #3)
  • The Field of Wacky Inventions (Floors #3)
  • Poseidon and the Sea of Fury (Heroes in Training, #2)
  • Eggs over Evie
  • Garfield Goes Bananas (Garfield #44)
  • The Dragon in the Sea (Dragon Keepers #5)
  • The Get Rich Quick Club
  • The Mayor of Central Park
  • Kristy and the Sister War (The Baby-Sitters Club, #112)
  • The Rocky Road Trip of Lydia Goldblatt & Julie Graham-Chang
  • Pickle: The (Formerly) Anonymous Prank Club of Fountain Point Middle School
  • Ellie McDoodle: Have Pen, Will Travel
N.E. Bode is the pen name of author Julianna Baggott.

I was asked by HarperCollins – my fair publishers! – to write a paragraph summarizing myself. This is hard to do. There was a word maximum. I had to be brief. I'll cut and paste it here so I don't have to write it twice, but I should say it just didn't capture my essence. But for what it's worth, it went like this:

"N.E. Bode, unsuspecting creat
More about N.E. Bode...

Anybodies (3 books)
  • The Anybodies (Anybodies, #1)
  • The Nobodies