Start by marking “Tell Them We Remember: The Story of the Holocaust” as Want to Read:
Tell Them We Remember: The Story of the Holocaust

Tell Them We Remember: The Story of the Holocaust

Draws on the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum's collections of artifacts, photographs, maps, and taped oral and video histories to teach young people about this period of history.
Published October 3rd 1994 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (first published October 1st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Tell Them We Remember, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tell Them We Remember

Eva Leger
Feb 21, 2009 Eva Leger rated it really liked it
This is a fairly comprehensive, almost time-line like, look at the Holocaust for younger people. It should be noted that there are a few pictures that aren't really what one might want their children to see. Mass graves with bodies visible for example. An execution getting ready to happen for another. These pictures are commonly found in other books relating to this period though so while they aren't uncommon they can still be frightening for a preteen/teen. They're frightening for me, as an adu ...more
Suzanne
Mar 01, 2014 Suzanne rated it it was amazing
After reading the Play "The Diary of Anne Frank" by Frances Goodrich and Albert Hackett in my 8th grade literature class, we each read a non-fiction chapter of this book on the Holocaust and presented our chapter to the class. It was a wonderful chance to study text structures, text features, purpose, and nonfiction.

The book is written in article format, so each section stands alone and is easily used as a part of a whole. My class is not all reading at 8th grade level (the book is a little abov
Holly
Jul 14, 2010 Holly rated it it was amazing
Shelves: yal
Just the cover gave me chills! This book is a wonderful history of the Holocaust. It tracks the lives and deaths of so many people who lived through the horrific time. It was done with the help of the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum, so the pictures are superb! I will buy a copy of this for my classroom and my home.
Hannah
Dec 08, 2008 Hannah rated it liked it
If you don't know much about the Holocaust, or even if you do, this is a good book to read! It explains in a simple way the process of the Holocaust, including it's reasons for coming about, and the terrifying results of it. Many graphic photos! It recommend it for ages 16+, depending on maturity level.
Ericka
Dec 15, 2009 Ericka rated it it was amazing
6th-highschool
Bachrach has a very informational book on the Holocaust. The book starts with life before the Holocaust and ends with after the Holocaust was over. It touches on points of Nazi terror, Nuremburg Race Laws, Hilter's Final Solution, Liberation of refugees, and Nuremburg Trials. There is alot of writing throughout the book to touch on the key points of the Holocaust. Also, there is many pictures from the people and places from the Holocaust. The end of the book had an Chronology, inde
Ivan Benedict
Oct 03, 2014 Ivan Benedict rated it liked it
This is a short book with lots of pictures, often
with the people identified in them, some with a short
item about their experience during the Nazi era. Of
course the whole story is very depressing, but it is
told well in short descriptions as the history moves
along. Although the major theme has to do with what
happened to the Jews in Europe, there's also space
given to what was also happening to politial prisoners,
Gypsies, homosexuals, Jehovah's Witnesses, physically
& mentally imaired. The per
Noah Jackson
Apr 28, 2015 Noah Jackson rated it really liked it
Tell Them We Remember is a very interesting book. The author’s purpose is to inform the reader about the events of the Holocaust. One of the things he informed me about was when the Nazis sharpened the dogs’ teeth. The author was very successful communicating in his book. I usually don’t like nonfiction, but this was an amazing book. One of my favorite facts was when it showed a picture of the Jews clothes in a huge pile. It is amazing to me the sheer number of people who were affected by the H ...more
Duane
Mar 02, 2009 Duane rated it it was amazing
This book should be mandatory reading for everyone, regardless of age. The book follows children as the Holocaust starts and finishes. Filled with gripping photographs, the reader can't help but feel heartbroken as you know the outcomes of so many of the youngsters in the book. Not a gory book, but it does tell the truth in just enough truth that readers will understand the evil that man did to man. A great read that every library should have in their collection.
Salvador Miranda
Jun 16, 2011 Salvador Miranda rated it it was amazing
Tell them we remember is one of the best books to teach about the holocaust. Every single thing in that book is really interesting and helpful because it gives all the detail about what really happened in the holocaust, from Hitler’s rise to power, to the Jewish life before and after the holocaust. This is a book I would recommend to everyone who is trying to find out more information on the holocaust. It’s a book that will give you all the answers u need.
Shelly Smits
Nov 11, 2010 Shelly Smits rated it it was amazing
Shelves: holocaust
Very well researched. This book is written in a way that gives the reader a clear, easy-to-understand overview of the Holocaust, as well as events leading up to it and what happened afterward. It also contains maps and geographical notes, which I found to be especially helpful. I would definitely recommend it!
KRISTI  ♫ ♪
Wow.
Amazing.
Very well written.
SO good.
Just...
AMAZING!
A very good book for people that are interested in the Holocaust or people who just want to read books about the Holocaust.
There's pictures (nothing brutal), short stories from survivors, and so much more.
VERY good.
Recommended for everyone.
Donna Davis
Stellar primary source material. It is sold as children's literature, but would be useful to any student of the Holocaust.

Not for very young children due to the subject matter; my own suggestion is age 12 or older.
Jill
Jul 06, 2014 Jill rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2014
Written by a researcher at the US Holocaust Memorial Museum this book comes alive with first-person accounts of survival, along with pictures and biographies. Stories from all over Europe are chronicled, but this is written for the younger reader. A wonderful bibliography is included.
Aaron
Jan 29, 2016 Aaron rated it liked it
This book is very interesting and is perfect for someone just beginning to study Nazi Germany and the Holocaust. However I Personalty knew most of this information from past research. I will recommend this book to anyone just starting research or anyone just needing a quick review.
Mrs. Rosie
Feb 09, 2011 Mrs. Rosie rated it it was amazing
In a very simple and interesting way, the author explains (as best anyone can) the timeline of the Halocaust. It really helped me with the history...I encourage you 8th graders to browse it. Can be read during Independent Reading!
Jessica Cruz
i love it
Ofeliavasquezvindel01
Sep 29, 2013 Ofeliavasquezvindel01 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book specially for people who actually like to read about history just like me. These book doesnt have a theme but you learn a lot from it.
Abbi
May 30, 2013 Abbi rated it it was amazing
i used it for my essay for school helped a lot
AnnieM
Feb 12, 2012 AnnieM rated it liked it
Very introductory boo, but a good start. Excellent resource list.
Heather
Aug 19, 2012 Heather rated it it was amazing
This book is fairly short, and full of pictures... but it is all very interesting and an important piece of History that need not be repeated! Very good book...
Jenny Monson
Jenny Monson rated it liked it
Oct 11, 2012
patricia lafond
patricia lafond rated it liked it
May 31, 2016
Amy S.
Amy S. rated it it was amazing
Nov 30, 2012
Jen
Jen rated it really liked it
Nov 25, 2011
Kelly Martin
Kelly Martin rated it liked it
Sep 27, 2014
Jonathan Jackson
Jonathan Jackson rated it really liked it
Jan 18, 2015
Lamiaae
Lamiaae rated it it was ok
Dec 29, 2014
Fiona Appleton
Fiona Appleton rated it it was amazing
Oct 18, 2015
Melanie Lichtenstein
Melanie Lichtenstein rated it it was amazing
Nov 18, 2013