Start by marking “Revenge of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps HorrorLand, #1)” as Want to Read:
Revenge of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps HorrorLand, #1)

Revenge of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps HorrorLand #1)

3.9  ·  Rating Details ·  1,798 Ratings  ·  122 Reviews
It's a whole new ride from master of horror and bestselling author R.L. Stine--with a story so fiendish that it can't be contained to just one book!

Fright-master R.L. Stine invites you on an all-new, all-terrifying adventure!
The thrill ride begins when 12-year-old Britney Crosby encounters an old ventriloquist's dummy with a lively secret--and a wicked plan.
Just when she
Published April 1st 2008 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published January 1st 2008)

Don't Go To Sleep! by R.L. StineMoonlight Secrets by R.L. StineHow I Learned To Fly by R.L. StineMidnight Games by R.L. StineBeach House by R.L. Stine
Best of R.L. Stine
53rd out of 117 books — 51 voters
Matilda by Roald DahlJames and the Giant Peach by Roald DahlCharlotte's Web by E.B. WhiteThe Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson BurnettFrom the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler by E.L. Konigsburg
90s Kids
87th out of 159 books — 55 voters

More lists with this book...

Veronica Morfi
Oct 15, 2014 Veronica Morfi rated it liked it
Rating: 3/5

In Revenge of the Living Dummy, Britney finds herself in a very bad situation. Her pain of a cousin comes to stay with her family, and he brings along his hideous dummy Mr. Badboy. Britney is infuriated by the things Ethan, her cousin, does with his doll but soon she begins to wonder if it's not Ehtan but the doll that is evil.

Slappy is one of my favorite monsters created by R.L. Stine. I am not ashamed to admit I am terrified by any kind of dolls, so Slappy is one of personal horrors
Chloë
Aug 19, 2016 Chloë rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Also, my review for the Horrorland series is up on my blog! https://theweekendgeek.wordpress.com/...

So I recently saw the new Goosebumps movie (I really enjoyed it and I would certainly recommend watching it!) and as I didn't grow up with these books, I was quite interested in finding out what they were like.

I liked Stine's writing style and the story was pretty good as well, although Slappy wasn't actually as villainous as I thought he would be. Anyway, I'm still planning on reading the other
☣Lynn☣
This was alot of fun! Went to the library earlier to grab the next three. :) I love how this one read just like the original books. And the HorrorLand part was awesome.
Mark Soone
May 21, 2014 Mark Soone rated it liked it
I still love to read R.L. Stine and am not ashamed to admit that I still get great enjoyment from his books. This was certainly not among my favorites (None of "The Dummy" books ever have been), but is still a ice read..and I very much enjoyed the horror land amusement park into the story and found that albeit short part the highlight of the book.

Britney is just an average 12 y/o girl, who has to make room in her house and life for her cousin Ethan who is coming to live with her family. Along wi
Daniel
Jun 05, 2012 Daniel rated it it was amazing
PART 1: Britney Crobsy and her friend, Molly Molloy, stumble onto 2 extraordinary dolls. One can steal minds and the other is a frightening dummy that may be just a practical joke from Britney's cousin, Ethan. If it IS a pratical joke though, why does the dummy talk and hurt people?

PART 2: After solving the mystery and getting rid of the dolls, the two are invited for a FREE week-long stay at the Horrorland Theme Park ("The Scariest Place on Earth!") They endure several scary things...but they c
Jameson
Mar 25, 2016 Jameson rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. But i did not like the twist at the end it just did not make sense
Teja S.
Oct 10, 2012 Teja S. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
it's good so far very interesting i keep reading this book you cant believe what happen in this book i never read but this book chanes me and my ideals about books now i love the anyways in my book britney in the book as found out that her cuz has been hided a secret from her the dummy is alive be he tred to tell her but she did listen to him and one day she came home from her best friend houes im not going to tell you what happen read this book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fiction State Of Mind
Jul 01, 2015 Fiction State Of Mind rated it really liked it
Shelves: series
My second goosebumps book and first horrorland volume. Puppets are super creepy in general but this story spotlights one of the goosebumps franchises creepiest characters : Slappy! I picked this book because it had a female protagonist . Her name is Britney and she has her hands full with her trickster cousin Ethan who has brought a ventriloquist dummy to the house that he calls Mr. Badboy.
Of course Ethan torments Britney and her best friend Molly with the dummy, but things go from bad to worse
Autumn
Aug 08, 2016 Autumn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

So this is our first Horrorland book to read.
You know I don't think K truly enjoyed this book as much as I thought he would and I think that is because it was an ebook and not an actually paperback.
We get introduced to Brittany and her cousin Ethan and of course his ventriloquist dummy.
Brittany can not stand her cousin of course and I can understand why. It seems that no matter what Ethan does to Brittany her parents are always blaming her or telling her
Jennette
Jan 24, 2014 Jennette rated it it was amazing
so this book is a start off of the new gossebump seires i liked it!!!! this new seires is all wraped around the horror land park!!! theres tons of twist and turns so go read it!!!
Ashley Gonalez
Oct 14, 2009 Ashley Gonalez rated it it was amazing
Fhily
Akhirnya yeaayy \m/ nyari-nyari judulnya apa ingat juga :) ini novel pertama yang saya baca sepertinya deh ._. sekitaran saya kelas 4 sd gitu...

Wolfcreek tempat tinggal paman Collin dan bibi Martha. Alex Hunter yang adalah keponakan mereka hendak berkunjung ke rumah mereka. Alex adalah fotografer muda yang terobsesi dengan manusia serigala. Kabar burung yang didengar di desa Wolfcreek itu banyak manusia serigala. Karena penasaran, Alex hendak mengabadikan foto-foto manusia serigala. Dia mencoba
~Austen Nerd~
My son's 9 and 10 years of age, love these books. I read this with my 10 year old son and I can officially say I'm old, because this book scared me a little. Ok, only a little!
This book is about a family that brings in a little boy (Ethan) to live with them, the parents nephew. Brittney their daughter already doesn't like him, however, she is forced to me nice. Ethan brings a dummy along with him. Long story in a wrap up. Ethan is a booger, Brittney thinks the dummy is alive. The dummy is not u
Zach Brooks
R.L.Stine is my FAVORITE author. He wrote the goosebumps books and has sold enough books to be in the WORLD RECORD! I read this book because I wanted to read all the HorrorLand books in order. In this book Slappy the dummy is back to terrorize people. Slappy is a dummy who wants everyone to be his SLAVE!!! This guy is no dummy,and he has a way of getting what he wants. Even if it means using brutal force. Will Britney defeat Slappy,or will slappy erase her MIND! Read Goosebumps HorrorLand Reveng ...more
Hadi Wijaya
Dec 29, 2010 Hadi Wijaya rated it really liked it
My first audiobook, the concept of book is a new one. Once in the back time< Goosebumps also publish Adventurer Series which is also interesting.

This series, contain 2 parts. The first one is about the story, which is pretty much alike the conventional one. The second part tell continous story that can be followed in 12 edition of Goosebumps Horroland.

The story itself is pretty much interesting. I always like the idea of Goosebumps story.
My favorite is 'Goosebumps #54 How can I fly?' and 'Goo
Eva Meng
I think this book is very scary because Britney's cousin Ethan brought this dummy and Ethan made this device that makes the dummy say bad things about Britney. Then Britney accidentally woke the dummy and he could anything. She has to find a way to break the dummy so she finds a way to break it then she buried it and the dummy last words were i am going to come back for you. I thought the dummy last words were very scary to me that I shivered. I would like this book top be recommended to many pe ...more
Cathrine Bonham
Feb 27, 2016 Cathrine Bonham rated it really liked it
This is the first book in the Goosebumps: Horrorland series. It actually has two stories in it.

The first part is the story, "Revenge of the Living Dummy," which is pretty good.

Britney Crosby can't stand her bratty cousin Ethan. This time when he comes to visit he brings along an ugly ventriloquists Dummy. At first she think the dummy is a new outlet for Ethan's rudeness, but as his stay progresses she comes to realize that he fears the dummy.

Great twist at the end.

The second part of this book i
Heveingham21
Sep 13, 2015 Heveingham21 rated it liked it
Book Review: Goosebumps Revenge of the Living Dummy
Summary:
In this story the main character Brittany’s cousin Ethan has to live with Brittany’s family for a while. When Ethan arrives he has a ventriloquist dummy with him. Previously when Ethan had come over to stay he would prank Brittany all the time so she never trusted him. Brittany’s best friend Molly’s dad is a sort of adventurer and brings back tons of crazy things to his house.
1st pargraph
It doesn’t say where the story takes place. The ch
Melanie
May 13, 2015 Melanie rated it liked it
This book is, to say the least, quite surprising. Or at least it was a bit above what I expected from a middle-grader. In fact, for several times in the story, I asked myself if this book is REALLY a middle-grader, specially considering the jokes told by Badboy.
While I wasn't completely engrossed by the story because I thought that Ethan was a particularly annoying character, it does have a few interesting points. One of the is that Britney is not as whiny as most characters I'm used to see in r
Weathervane
Sep 15, 2009 Weathervane rated it liked it
Yep, this is Goosebumps all right.

Another Slappy book that isn't terribly exciting, but it's a good return for Stine. I'm not sure how I'm going to like all these books' main stories being shorter than usual. Of course, there's the "Enter Horrorland" segment, which is bound to be interesting... though I would've liked a better transition to that section.
Aracely Rodriguez
Nov 17, 2015 Aracely Rodriguez rated it really liked it
First let me start off by saying that I LOVE R.L. Stine. his books always leave me scared for a week! This book was not only scary but was also funny. It almost felt is if I was part of the story. Through out this WHOLE time I was reading this book I felt entirly scared! This author did a good job scaring his readers.:)
Rylan Rosa
Feb 13, 2015 Rylan Rosa rated it really liked it
The book i read is called Goosebumps Horrorland Revenge of The living Dummy. This book was written by R.L.Stine. This was the first book of the whole series. This is a fiction, horror, and a fantasy book. R.L.Stine is writes very cool amazing stories that sometimes can scare you but is very interesting that makes you think that you are in the story. His books were very special books that you needed to use your imagination to help you visualize the stores which made it scary/ that made you want t ...more
Caitlyn
Mar 03, 2014 Caitlyn rated it it was amazing
Slappy is named Mr.Badboy so far. I have not finished the book it's my library book so I may not finsh the book. Slappy will call him self a baaaad boy the book does not have pics.
Madhulika
May 29, 2014 Madhulika rated it it was amazing
This was my first R.L. Stine book, and I really like it.
Nicole
Apr 28, 2015 Nicole rated it really liked it
I think the book"Revenge Of The Living Dummy"by R.L.Stine is a chilling book.This book was ok,but I really enjoyed it because it was by one of my favorite authors.This book is recommended for anyone who likes the horror genre.R.L.Stine is one of my favorite authors,and I hope he continues on making more of his terrifying books.I don't recommend this book to anyone who doesn't like the horror genre and will get scared easily.I really enjoyed this book,because it kind of still scared me a little.I ...more
Harrison Evans
Mar 30, 2014 Harrison Evans rated it it was amazing
So freaky I almost did not sleep.
Tumelo Moleleki
Jul 04, 2016 Tumelo Moleleki rated it it was ok
It's a book for kids about kids. Kids are annoying and I guess here they must be dumb too if the scare is going to work. Britney is portrayed as a weakling and so is her friend while Ethan is younger than them but way smarter and braver, even if he is smart in the art of evildoing. Captures the psychology of a twelve-year-old I guess... I cannot imagine I was that gullible at that age.

I believe a kid of modest reading experience can enjoy these books and they are a great tool to encourage readin
Jamal Whittick
Sep 03, 2015 Jamal Whittick rated it liked it
Like i said in my other review of goosebumps i was really into the horror thing as a kid. As went on a goosebumps frenzy. it's been a long time since i read this series and don't really remember much although i should probably give it a re-read. Back to the review this book is different from the other slappy books we expected him to be alive and controlling Ethan to do terrible things, but the twist is it's him being a d***. i really enjoyed the epilouge in this book that leads to the others in ...more
Billie Pritchett
Jun 29, 2016 Billie Pritchett rated it liked it
What in the world is going on here? At some point during the reading of R.L. Stine's Revenge of the Living Dummy, I though it was going to be a five-star book. Sure, some of the plot points are convoluted but perfect for children who are reading this, and similar to the kinds of connections they might be prone to making. By the time I got to the end of the book, however, I couldn't give it any more than three stars.

The book follows a girl named Britney, who is 12 years old, and her problems with
J.N.
Oct 18, 2015 J.N. rated it liked it

Plot:

I'm a fan of Goosebumps, and especially enjoy Slappy, but this volume was a bit weak. Ethan and "Mr. Badboy" were more annoying than anything. It was especially annoying, and somewhat unrealistic, that Britney's parents would continuously blame her for everything (this coming from someone who was blamed for what my little sister did most of the time). The entire story was just a bit over the top. I liked the second part, when they were invited to Horrorland, though.

Setting:

I always like Ho
Why I chose this book 6 11 Apr 17, 2014 08:18PM
goosebumps 1 5 Oct 30, 2012 08:34AM
  • Monster Blood (Goosebumps Presents TV Book, #15)
  • التعويذة الغامضة
  • Return of the Mummy (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #4)
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #1)
  • The Vampire Bunny (Bunnicula and Friends, #1)
  • The Battle of the Red Hot Pepper Weenies (Weenies, #4)
  • Dracula vs. Grampa at the Monster Truck Spectacular (Wiley & Grampa's Creature Features, #1)
  • The Teeny Tiny Woman
  • Night of the Zombie Goldfish (Dr. Roach's Monstrous Stories #1)
  • The Rat Brain Fiasco (Splurch Academy for Disruptive Boys, #1)
  • Hungry, Hungry Sharks!
  • Dracula Doesn't Rock N' Roll (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #39)
  • Boris and Bella
  • A Christmas Carol (Great Illustrated Classics)
  • Dancing Dinos Go to School
  • Attack of the 50-Ft. Cupid (Franny K. Stein, Mad Scientist, #2)
  • Ghosthunters and the Muddy Monster of Doom! (Ghosthunters, #4)
  • Where Is Home, Little Pip?

R. L. Stine b
More about R.L. Stine...

Goosebumps HorrorLand (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Welcome to HorrorLand: A Survival Guide (Goosebumps Horrorland)
  • Creep from the Deep (Goosebumps HorrorLand, #2)
  • Monster Blood For Breakfast! (Goosebumps HorrorLand, #3)
  • The Scream of the Haunted Mask (Goosebumps HorrorLand, #4)
  • Dr. Maniac vs. Robby Schwartz (Goosebumps HorrorLand #5)
  • Who's Your Mummy? (Goosebumps HorrorLand #6)
  • My Friends Call Me Monster (Goosebumps HorrorLand, #7)
  • Say Cheese - And Die Screaming (Goosebumps HorrorLand, #8)
  • Welcome To Camp Slither (Goosebumps HorrorLand, #9)
  • Help! We Have Strange Powers! (Goosebumps HorrorLand, #10)