Start by marking “Sweeter Than Honey (Honey Diaries, #1)” as Want to Read:
Sweeter Than Honey (Honey Diaries, #1)

Sweeter Than Honey (Honey Diaries #1)

4.34  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,880 Ratings  ·  62 Reviews
"Lace St. Thomas operates Immaculate Perception, a hot Vegas firm that pairs wealthy clients with sexy female escorts. But when one of her most requested girls turns up dead, Lace knows she's in real danger.Renaming herself Honey Thomas, she flees to Atlanta to start a new life. But her past is not so easily left behind, and it will take everything Honey has to flip this b ...more
Published August 1st 2007 by Kensington

To ask other readers questions about Sweeter Than Honey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sweeter Than Honey

Winter Sophia Rose
Apr 01, 2016 Winter Sophia Rose rated it it was amazing
Sexy, Juicy, Raw, Crazy & Funny! An Awesome Read! I Loved It!
Gw
Jan 29, 2014 Gw rated it did not like it
OMG!! I bought a lot if books a while ago and just got around to reading them these last few years!! The HONEY series!! AWFUL!! So far any book that I have read by her is sooo awful!! THESE BOOKS DO NOT MAKE ANY SENSE AT ALL!! I MEAN YES ITS FICTION BUT IT READS MORE LIKE RIDICULOUS FANTASY FICTION!!! It is just sooo awful!! The writing is terrible.. And she kept making more books.. I read them because there was a time when I felt like I had to finish a series or a book because I started it but ...more
Brandi
Aug 18, 2008 Brandi rated it it was ok
I was very disappointed in this book! The description made the reader believe it would be about one thing and it was something all together different. It felt thrown together especially towards the end. I wouldn't recommend this book at all.
Ashlea Gray
Mar 15, 2011 Ashlea Gray rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
The book is very interesting!! Have to read more to find out the whole story!!
Nardsbaby Reader
Jan 08, 2009 Nardsbaby Reader rated it liked it
Freedom Is A Choice

Mentally abused by her hateful mother, Rita, Lace St. Thomas always felt like a stranger in her own home. At the age of 16, Lace's credibility was diminished when her mother believed her perverted step-father, Don, over her. Kicked out, abandoned, homeless and afraid, Lace married a stranger and suffered countless abuse until finally she'd had enough.

For 11 years in Sin City, Lace used the power of her body to afford shelter, food and material things. As she climbed the rank
K.augustine
I almost put the book down because of his rants about The Black Man and all they had to and continue to go through! I am African American myself and it made me want to puke! No wonder Caucasians say we cry wolf about racism all the time! I just wanted to pull my hair out and scream SHUT UP! He ruined the book for me. I think it would have been 4 stars without his rants and definitely 5 stars if she filled his chapters will more juicy, jaw dropping stuff like the Mary B. Morrison/Honey B I grew t ...more
Elizabeth Noah Astle
Feb 13, 2012 Elizabeth Noah Astle rated it really liked it
First off, I will have to forewarn any future reader that this book has a lot of sex in it. If you are uncomfortable with sex and some swearing then this book is really not for you. That being said, I will move on..........

I am not really sure what I would give this book, when I first started, all I read about was sex and cursing, and I just was not into this book but, I figured I would read a bit more and then decide if I wanted to finish it. (I was surprised that this was an ebook loaner from
Belinda
Feb 16, 2014 Belinda rated it liked it
Again this was not one of my favorites by Mary B. Morrison. I gave the book 3 out 5 rating. I was half finished reading this book before I really got into it. Women should treasure their bodies and allow themselves to be used (prostitution, escorts, etc.). We as women have to learn to love ourselves and know our worth. I was proud of Lacy/ Honey for getting herself out of being a madam and rescuing her girls. She took her money and opened Sweeter Than Honey to help women in abusive environments ...more
Imani Spradley
Oct 25, 2014 Imani Spradley rated it it was amazing
I absolutely LOVE this book. This was the first Mary B Morrison book that i read and it made me like her so much more as an author!! I need more of her books in my life!
Chiquita Finch
Mar 04, 2015 Chiquita Finch rated it really liked it
A really good read and with reading the entire series it bumps it up a notch to really GREAT read
Letesa Campbell
Feb 25, 2016 Letesa Campbell rated it really liked it
good book makes u kind at the end with the stories of different people. The only person that got on my nerves was Bennito.
Annie
Jan 13, 2015 Annie rated it did not like it
Hated this book. I had stop reading after reaching chapter 6.
Tanisha
Jul 26, 2009 Tanisha rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fav-novels
how easily children are taken advantage of and are somewhat forced to live an unhealthy lifestyle and get themselves caught up in bad situations that is difficult to get out of. i feel really bad that Lace lived a tough, hard-baring life being raped as a child, kicked out of the house as a child, growing up becoming a prostitute then a madam to having escorts to boss around and to find out one of the escorts died by her committing suicide, who was one of her best friends and that her sister migh ...more
Nicole Tahsildar
Oct 28, 2014 Nicole Tahsildar rated it really liked it
One of those books you can read more than once!
Bianca Harrison
Aug 12, 2014 Bianca Harrison rated it it was amazing
I love all of Mary books!
Cassandra
Jun 07, 2012 Cassandra rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
This book was great! I agree with some of the other readers, that the title initially threw me off, but once I got into the book it captured me from the start. This book speaks to young women who face these types of things everyday, and what can happen when your life is haunted by the abuse. There is a lot of sex talk and profanity in the book, but it's life, and it's what people do everyday whether you hear it or not. The characters draw you in, and it makes you want to keep reading just to fin ...more
Nina Salazar-paul
Loved it !!!!!!!!
T.S. Wallace
Apr 10, 2010 T.S. Wallace rated it really liked it
This is the first in a series and I can see why she is so popular! The sex scenes are off the charts and there are so many twists and turns in the plot that it makes your head spin... I would have liked it better if it weren't so disjointed and some of the loose ends were tied up as far as the relationships between key characters (it is a trilogy...lol) and the horde of extra character who were left undeveloped but overall it was great and a good blueprint for what I am already doing with my own ...more
Emily Cunningham
Love it

I really enjoyed this book it's actually the second time I have read it. This book is amazing Lace St. Thomas is truly the IT girl. Only parts that I dislike was Benito's parts in this book always talking about the "Black Man". Whenever he went on his rants I just skipped over it because ain't nobody got time for that. Other than that it is definitely a page turner.
Alexus Brockington
This is an amazing read. I have read this book on more than one occasion. I love it! I will most likely read it AGAIN lol.
Misdajania
Apr 13, 2011 Misdajania rated it it was amazing
All Lace St. Thomas was love. Because that dream never came true Lace was forced into adulthood at 16. After being kicked out of her home Lace, had to do what she had to do to make it. After years of abuse, sex and lies and murder. Lace is ready to redeem herself,be love and love someone else.

I liked this book because it was very interesting. It was very detailic and taught me alot. This book really makes you think. The author real used great imagery.
Shante
Apr 06, 2010 Shante rated it really liked it
I almost put the book down and moved to the next on my "to-read" list. It took a couple of chapters before I caught up to the storyline but I am glad I kept reading. Mary B. Morrison is so out there with her writing style but I can honestly say that she kept me entertained and I could feel the shift in the characters. I especially appreciate Benito's character because he made me think deeper about black men's position in this country.
Josephine Pompey
May 04, 2010 Josephine Pompey rated it liked it
Mary B. Morrison definitely put this one on paper. There were a lot of twists and turns, some of which one would expect, and others thich came unexpectedly. It has been a long time since I read a novel like this, and it was definetly captivating, and had my attention from start to finish. She brought light to a lifestyle that most of us have never seen or been exposed to.
Tiah
Jul 12, 2009 Tiah rated it liked it
Looking for mobilization from obscure poverty to instant fame, Lace St. Thomas embroils herself into a world of the darkest characters. Along the way she meets Honey and form a bond of loyalty. Most surprising, however is the entrapment of the illusions of grandeur and wealth that entangles them into hopeless despair...I'm not sure if they will make it out alive.
SondraSoSmooth85
Apr 12, 2010 SondraSoSmooth85 rated it it was amazing
This was a great book...A page turner for real, I loved Lace, she didn't play no games and ol' Valentino wasn't nothing nice either,lol, This book was so close to real life it wasn't even funny so many young girls run away from home and turn to prostitution to make ends meet and end up not making it out the game alive...Mary you did yo thing girl.
Nicole
Mar 30, 2013 Nicole rated it it was amazing
This series is great! Very entertaining. I love how at the end of the series the author brings this series and the soulmate dissipate series together. Therefore if you read the Honey Diaries series you have to read the Soulmate Dissipate series as well to fully understand....
Shondalon
Jun 14, 2012 Shondalon rated it liked it
I enjoyed the book, but it is not for the faint at heart. I found it to be a little much for me but once I got into the book the all of the sexual talk went out of the window because I got caught up in the story of Lace and Sunny it was a page turner.
Jay George
Jan 13, 2016 Jay George rated it did not like it
I didn't really like the book nor did I finish. I felt as though the book was boring and lacked entertainment. maybe if I had finished the book I might have enjoyed it but I lost interest in the book after the first few chapters.
Shani Greene-Dowdell
Apr 06, 2009 Shani Greene-Dowdell rated it it was amazing
This book was a page turner...There is enough sex, lies, and murder to keep the reader intrigued, but my favorite part was the unexpected history lessons from the character B.

Recommended reading.
India
Mar 24, 2011 India rated it it was amazing
sweeter than honey is one of the those book that i pick up and don't put down.i like how she had different people telling their own story.i really like the poems in the back.one of the best book i have read...
  • Single Husbands
  • She Ain't the One (Soulmates Dissipate, #7)
  • Deliver Me From Evil
  • Diary of a Mistress
  • Black Widow
  • Just Too Good to Be True
  • Pleasure
  • Snapped
  • The Million Dollar Divorce
  • Little Black Girl Lost 3
Mary B. Morrison, New York Times best-selling author is the up and coming artist with a multiple book-to-film deal. Mary has seventeen published novels including her newest release, If I Can’t Have You.

She writes for Kensington Publishing Corporation as Mary B. Morrison and Grand Central Publishing as HoneyB. In her novels Mary addresses social and sexual issues while empowering her female charact
More about Mary B. Morrison...

Honey Diaries (4 books)
  • Who's Loving You (Honey Diaries, #2)
  • Unconditionally Single (Honey Diaries, #3)
  • Darius Jones (Soulmates Dissipate, #8 ; Honey Diaries, #4)