Start by marking “Little Miss Bossy” as Want to Read:
Little Miss Bossy

Little Miss Bossy (Little Miss Books #1)

4.03  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,746 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews
Little Miss Bossy tells everyone what to do-until Wilfred the Wizard casts a spell on her.
Published August 13th 1981 by Price Stern Sloan (first published 1981)

To ask other readers questions about Little Miss Bossy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Little Miss Bossy

Rowena
I read all the Little Miss and Mr Men books as a child. I loved the over the top characters and the simple bright illustrations.They made me laugh and taught me so many valuable lessons. I wish I still had my old copies:(
Darlene
Jul 28, 2012 Darlene rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 2-5 year olds, but we old folks can learn a thing or two!
Recommended to Darlene by: Cheryl
I needed to catch up on my reading goal. This book was available at the BookCrossing meeting today. So I grabbed it. I yelled at the two sweet little girls who wanted it, to get away, it was mine. But they called me 'Miss Bossy Pants.' Actually, that last part about the girls was a stretch of the truth. Actually, when their mom told them they should read it, they decided all the other picture books were more their speed. What girls wants to think of themselves as bossy?

So the pictures were cute.
Siobhan
Ah, Mr Men and Little Miss, how wonderful you are!

These books made up so much of my childhood. No matter what I would go ahead and pick one up. I worked my way through them all a couple of times. Each one has a wonderful story for the child to engage with, each character being fun to read.

Everyone has a bias for their favourite character, yet every book is delightful.
Godzilla
Dec 08, 2009 Godzilla rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids, 2009
J.E.
Jan 22, 2011 J.E. rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
A little girl is bossy to her friends, and for this crime, a self-righteous magician traps her feet in magic boots that carry her on forced marches of 5, then 10 miles, until she breaks down and says the word 'please' for him in a miserable and scared capitulation. The incident cures her, as she remains forever scared of "Bossy Boots." Maybe Grimm's fairy tales aren't so archaic after all.
Annabel
Dec 28, 2014 Annabel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The 'Mr Men' and 'Little Miss' books are so simple yet so effective. I love the way that all the characters are linked and how characters pop up in other stories!

The books are great for encouraging young children to read because they are interesting, have a variety of simple language and are short enough that young children don't get bored! Children love collecting all the characters too.
Charlotte
Feb 26, 2015 Charlotte rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Little Miss Bossy was a very bossy girl. She always bossed people around but when she got the shoes she said "take my shoes off" and they kept walking around. This magical one, he made her have the orange shoes. She was not happy. She was never happy. That's why she bossed people around. - age 6
Christina
Sep 26, 2014 Christina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don’t find these books particularly engaging, but my son loves them. Hence the four stars. They are the perfect length for my five year old and there are a lot in the series.
Yvonne Crawford
Mar 30, 2016 Yvonne Crawford rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
loved this series as a kid
Austin
Mar 03, 2014 Austin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reminds me of my big sister!
Noran Mohamed
الشروق ب 8 بعد الخصم 20%
Alannah Clarke
I absolutely loved these Mr Men and Little Miss books. I remember getting them from my granny every week. There was so much from these simple characters, I remember filling my little bookshelf with all these books making sure I had got them all in right order. I wish I still had these books but somehow most of them got lost with many house moves or my mum gave the rest away. If I ever have kids, I will make sure they get the chance to experience these wonderful, colourful books.
Stacey
Apr 16, 2013 Stacey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bullying
I think discussing bullying should be a topic that is often discussed throughout the school year. I would read this book during morning meeting and after reading the book we can list the bossy/bullying actions. Student will provide ways to solve each issue. Example: A student is the line leader and pushes a classmate, so they can get in front. Instead student could tell their classmate that they are the line leader and would like to step in front.
Dolly
Jul 07, 2013 Dolly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: beginning readers and parents reading with them
Shelves: childrens, 1980s
I remember discovering these Little Miss books when I was a child. I don't know how many of them I read, but I do remember reading them in the store, patiently waiting for my parents to finish shopping. I don't think we actually purchased any of these books, but I was always excited to see a new one. The narratives are simple and the illustrations are colorful and cartoonish.
Leah
May 05, 2016 Leah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kiddies, reviewed
Apparently, I was a bossy child as my mother bought this book for me. She would also nicely suggest I go read it periodically when I was being a pain. It is a good little story with a good moral, and perfect for kids learning to read on their own. Especially, when they are a bit bossy, apparently...
τλιϓλ
A very simple language and an amazing story, it's so nice the way they deal with bossy people, may be we can learn something from it, surely we aren't the wizard but we will be able to figure a way to deal with such kind of people. I enjoy it fully.
Bella
Mar 08, 2014 Bella rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I've read a few Little Miss books from school and i don't know what i kept reading them. I really dislike them and the programs on telly were never great for me either. Not my thing at all.
Karen
I thought Little Miss Bossy's "punishment" was a little odd, but at least she learns her lesson. And we really enjoy doing the Little Miss Bossy voice.
JG (The Introverted Reader)
Can Little Miss Bossy learn to say please?

Don't you know people you'd call Little Miss Bossy? Wouldn't you love to see them learn some manners?
Tara Calaby
I don't remember a lot about this one, beyond the fact that I definitely read it as a kid.
Jake
HA HA HA. We loved the wizard's solution to Little Miss Bossy's bossiness -- bossy boots! awesome
Lucy Van Pelt transforms into little Miss in this predictable yet enjoyable edition.
Maddie.Spendlove
My sister and i both want to read this book! Sister you know why! It looks so cute!
Kate B
Jun 02, 2015 Kate B rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Can't help but wonder if she'd have been called Assertive if she'd been a Mr.
Kassie
Sep 01, 2008 Kassie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
my entire life has revolved around lessons learned from this very book.
Gavin
Feb 12, 2009 Gavin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Little Miss Bossy learns some manners, and about time too.
K Ross
Mar 17, 2009 K Ross rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
this book looks so cute! and i totally want to read it!
Giegie
Aug 23, 2010 Giegie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: funny
is it me? ahahhaa funny a little bossy
Sandra
I actually am Little Miss Bossy!

Patrick\
Apr 23, 2008 Patrick\ rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
Fun read-aloud series - with a moral.
  • Crabby Gabby (Serendipity)
  • The Berenstain Bears and the Sitter
  • That's Not My Tractor
Charles Roger Hargreaves (9 May 1935 – 11 September 1988) was an English author and illustrator of children's books, notably the Mr. Men and Little Miss series, intended for very young readers. He is Britain's third best-selling author, having sold more than 100 million books.

Hargreaves was born in a private hospital at 201 Bath Road, Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire, England, to Alfred Reginald and Et
More about Roger Hargreaves...

Little Miss Books (1 - 10 of 33 books)
  • Little Miss Naughty