Start by marking “Little Miss Bossy” as Want to Read:
Little Miss Bossy

Little Miss Bossy (Little Miss Books #1)

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  1,493 ratings  ·  24 reviews
Little Miss Bossy tells everyone what to do-until Wilfred the Wizard casts a spell on her.
Published August 13th 1981 by Price Stern Sloan (first published 1981)

To ask other readers questions about Little Miss Bossy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Little Miss Bossy

Cheryl
Now I remember why I liked these so much when I was a kid! I liked the messages/ lessons, and I liked the clever phrasing such as 'Wilfred winked in a wizardly way.'
Rowena
I read all the Little Miss and Mr Men books as a child. I loved the over the top characters and the simple bright illustrations.They made me laugh and taught me so many valuable lessons. I wish I still had my old copies:(
Darlene
Jul 28, 2012 Darlene rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 2-5 year olds, but we old folks can learn a thing or two!
Recommended to Darlene by: Cheryl
I needed to catch up on my reading goal. This book was available at the BookCrossing meeting today. So I grabbed it. I yelled at the two sweet little girls who wanted it, to get away, it was mine. But they called me 'Miss Bossy Pants.' Actually, that last part about the girls was a stretch of the truth. Actually, when their mom told them they should read it, they decided all the other picture books were more their speed. What girls wants to think of themselves as bossy?

So the pictures were cute.
Godzilla
J.E.
A little girl is bossy to her friends, and for this crime, a self-righteous magician traps her feet in magic boots that carry her on forced marches of 5, then 10 miles, until she breaks down and says the word 'please' for him in a miserable and scared capitulation. The incident cures her, as she remains forever scared of "Bossy Boots." Maybe Grimm's fairy tales aren't so archaic after all.
Annabel
The 'Mr Men' and 'Little Miss' books are so simple yet so effective. I love the way that all the characters are linked and how characters pop up in other stories!

The books are great for encouraging young children to read because they are interesting, have a variety of simple language and are short enough that young children don't get bored! Children love collecting all the characters too.
Christina
I don’t find these books particularly engaging, but my son loves them. Hence the four stars. They are the perfect length for my five year old and there are a lot in the series.
Austin
Reminds me of my big sister!
Alannah Clarke
I absolutely loved these Mr Men and Little Miss books. I remember getting them from my granny every week. There was so much from these simple characters, I remember filling my little bookshelf with all these books making sure I had got them all in right order. I wish I still had these books but somehow most of them got lost with many house moves or my mum gave the rest away. If I ever have kids, I will make sure they get the chance to experience these wonderful, colourful books.
Stacey
I think discussing bullying should be a topic that is often discussed throughout the school year. I would read this book during morning meeting and after reading the book we can list the bossy/bullying actions. Student will provide ways to solve each issue. Example: A student is the line leader and pushes a classmate, so they can get in front. Instead student could tell their classmate that they are the line leader and would like to step in front.
Dolly
Jul 07, 2013 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: beginning readers and parents reading with them
Shelves: 1980s, childrens
I remember discovering these Little Miss books when I was a child. I don't know how many of them I read, but I do remember reading them in the store, patiently waiting for my parents to finish shopping. I don't think we actually purchased any of these books, but I was always excited to see a new one. The narratives are simple and the illustrations are colorful and cartoonish.
Talya
A very simple language and an amazing story, it's so nice the way they deal with bossy people, may be we can learn something from it, surely we aren't the wizard but we will be able to figure a way to deal with such kind of people. I enjoy it fully.
Bella
I've read a few Little Miss books from school and i don't know what i kept reading them. I really dislike them and the programs on telly were never great for me either. Not my thing at all.
Karen
I thought Little Miss Bossy's "punishment" was a little odd, but at least she learns her lesson. And we really enjoy doing the Little Miss Bossy voice.
JG (The Introverted Reader)
Can Little Miss Bossy learn to say please?

Don't you know people you'd call Little Miss Bossy? Wouldn't you love to see them learn some manners?
Jake
HA HA HA. We loved the wizard's solution to Little Miss Bossy's bossiness -- bossy boots! awesome
Lucy Van Pelt transforms into little Miss in this predictable yet enjoyable edition.
Maddie.Spendlove
My sister and i both want to read this book! Sister you know why! It looks so cute!
Kassie
my entire life has revolved around lessons learned from this very book.
Gavin
Little Miss Bossy learns some manners, and about time too.
K Ross
this book looks so cute! and i totally want to read it!
Giegie
is it me? ahahhaa funny a little bossy
Sandra
I actually am Little Miss Bossy!

Patrick\
Fun read-aloud series - with a moral.
Mick
Mick marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
  • Kartusch (Serendipity)
  • The Berenstain Bears and the Sitter
  • Happy Easter, Little Critter (Little Critter)
  • Spot Goes to the Farm
  • One Hundred and One Dalmatians
Charles Roger Hargreaves (9 May 1935 – 11 September 1988) was an English author and illustrator of children's books, notably the Mr. Men and Little Miss series, intended for very young readers. He is Britain's third best-selling author, having sold more than 100 million books.

Hargreaves was born in a private hospital at 201 Bath Road, Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire, England, to Alfred Reginald and Et
More about Roger Hargreaves...

Little Miss Books (1 - 10 of 33 books)
  • Little Miss Naughty
  • Little Miss Helpful
  • Little Miss Magic
  • Little Miss Shy
  • Little Miss Splendid
Mr. Tickle (Mr. Men, #1) Mr. Happy (Mr. Men, #3) Mr. Messy (Mr. Men, #8) Mr. Bump (Mr. Men, #6) Little Miss Sunshine