Start by marking “Dynasty: The Inside Story of How the Red Sox Became a Baseball Powerhouse” as Want to Read:
Dynasty: The Inside Story of How the Red Sox Became a Baseball Powerhouse

Dynasty: The Inside Story of How the Red Sox Became a Baseball Powerhouse

3.55  ·  Rating Details  ·  66 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
A unique look at the inner workings of a major league baseball team and how the Red Sox went from perennial losers to baseball's next dynasty.

When the Boston Red Sox defeated the Colorado Rockies in the 2007 World Series, they did more than win their second world championship in four seasons---they changed foreverthe identity of a franchise once defined by its spectacular
Published April 1st 2008 by St. Martin's Press

To ask other readers questions about Dynasty, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dynasty

Andrew Welton
Dec 21, 2014 Andrew Welton rated it liked it
Overall this book was pretty good. It's is all about the Redsox and what they do to plan to add a valuable member to the Redsox and how they plan to continue to try to compete in the MLB and be the best team in baseball. This book has all the operations and news that was happening to have them trade a player or anything that was going on at the time in the Redsox organization.
Billy p
Jun 13, 2014 Billy p rated it really liked it
I loved the book "Dynasty: The Inside Story of How the Red Sox became a baseball powerhouse". The book was written in great detail about their champoionship runs in 2004. I have always follwed the Red Sox since I was little and always have been interested in the details behind the Red Sox. I would only recommend it to a Red Sox fan.
Tommy Calautti
Feb 02, 2011 Tommy Calautti rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dynasty by Tony Massarotti was overall a very great book. Massaroti goes in-depth with managers, staff, and even players on how the Red Sox developed into a dynasty. The book is set in 1994 when Dan Duquette is hired as GM of the Boston Red Sox. The book chronicles all of the events in Red Sox history until 2007. Massaroti is a truly raw author, giving you the quotes and opinions of the players that you don't hear on the local news. One thing I especially like about the book was how deeply into ...more
Wendy
Jul 24, 2011 Wendy rated it liked it
An interesting and in-depth look at the Boston Red Sox transition from losers to winners - a transition that started with an 86-year championship drout that finally ended with a championship in 2004 - and AGAIN only 3 years later.

After a brief history, the book details the importance of former General Manager Dan Duquette and the trades and instinct he had that started the Red Sox on their road to eventual victory.

The Red Sox changed everything - GM, manager, ownership, players - all just small
Ron Kaplan
Jun 22, 2010 Ron Kaplan rated it liked it
The Boston Red Sox better be careful. After two world championships in three seasons, they can no longer count on the pity of baseball fans as the poor little waifs who can t seem to close the deal, no longer David to the Yankees Goliath. Fortunately, interest in the team is still high, as evidenced by the number of new Sox books, including DYNASTY: The Inside Story of How the Red Sox Became a Baseball Powerhouse by Boston Herald sportswriter Tony Massarotti. Are the Bostonians laying claim alre ...more
Jenny
Jun 11, 2008 Jenny rated it liked it
Mmm, books about the Red Sox: I eat you like popcorn. I liked this one, too; Massarotti has a beat-writer's solid knowledge of game, team, and players, and the sprinkling of new quotations from players and front office personnel made it a fun insider's look. Still, I knew pretty much everything depicted because I've been paying attention. (i.e. Beckett swears at press conferences and is good in October, Theo left in 2005 after a clash with Lucchino, etc. etc.) Nice to roll around with my favorit ...more
Ethan
Oct 10, 2013 Ethan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: outside-reading
This book "Dynasty" by Tony Massarotti was a great insight to the Red Sox front office moves through out the 1990s to 2007. The book explained in great detail about the bid trades and the great minds of Epstien and Duquette. This book is great for any Red Sox fan or any baseball fan that enjoys reading about how a team is built. One of the great events depicted is the trade to get Pedro Martinez from the Expos. Overall I truly love this book.
Dawn
Jun 20, 2012 Dawn rated it really liked it
Shelves: sports, own, non-fiction
This book really opened my eyes about some of the inner working of the Red Sox oranization and how much impact Dan Duquette had on the Sox World Championships, both directly & indirectly. I really enjoyed reading this book and getting a look inside the organization. It was informative without being dry.
Mark Zadroga
Aug 30, 2010 Mark Zadroga rated it it was ok
This book read like the rush job it probably was.
Except that the author edited the book for paperback and didn't bother removing repeat quotes and paragraphs of self plagerism. Still, there were some interesting anecdotes. For Red Sox archivists only...
Pat
Oct 28, 2008 Pat rated it liked it
Not a bad read, but definitely has a pro Boston media angle. I'm surprised this book reached publication with the number of spelling and grammatical errors in it. Looks like someone didn't do their job editing.
Jimmy
Dec 10, 2012 Jimmy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: baseball
Excellent behind-the-scenes view of the Red Sox. Great reading for any baseball fan whose dream job would be general manager.
Ken
Dec 11, 2008 Ken rated it it was ok
Shelves: sports
A nice overview of the last 15 years of Sox history but few revelations that I didn't already know.
Gregory Allen
Gregory Allen rated it really liked it
Jan 18, 2016
Bob Brooks
Bob Brooks rated it really liked it
Dec 17, 2015
Kevin Gallan
Kevin Gallan marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2015
Sarah Elizabeth Hall
Sarah Elizabeth Hall marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2015
Jeff Mosher
Jeff Mosher marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2015
David Ma
David Ma marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2015
SEAN CARMICHAEL
SEAN CARMICHAEL rated it it was amazing
Sep 17, 2015
Dan Flaherty
Dan Flaherty rated it liked it
Aug 02, 2015
Brian
Brian added it
May 21, 2015
Pedrofleuri
Pedrofleuri marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2015
Kenneth Gura
Kenneth Gura marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2015
Lucas Pearson
Lucas Pearson rated it really liked it
Dec 04, 2014
Julie Gulliford
Julie Gulliford marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014