Start by marking “What Wild Moonlight” as Want to Read:
What Wild Moonlight

What Wild Moonlight

3.47 of 5 stars 3.47  ·  rating details  ·  253 ratings  ·  26 reviews
What wild deception...

Nicholas Duvall, rakehell Earl of Barrington, pretended to be a coach driver when they met. Before he knew what hit him, headstrong Katya Alexander swept him into an intrigue of her own. Thinking she was a mere pickpocket--and a ravishing one at that--he made her an offer she couldn't refuse: pose as his mistress and help him retrieve a priceless fami
Mass Market Paperback, 368 pages
Published September 8th 1998 by Dell

To ask other readers questions about What Wild Moonlight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What Wild Moonlight

Only book by this author that I didn't like. The hero saves the heroine's life, and instead of being grateful, she acts like a shrew towards him. Just glad I didn't read this one first, or I'd have missed out on her other books.
Pat aka Tygyr
This is an historical romance. Katza grew up on stories of her ancestry. 2 families pledged to marry their adult children and a huge diamond will be theirs. Katza's female ancestor left a diary, and Katza has recently found it and is reading it in hopes of finding out what went wrong and where the diamond is. Katza's parents are magicians and their family has travelled around the world doing shows. Her parents tragically die in a show in Monaco. They leave her snowed under in debts. She travels ...more
A three and a half star book - rounded up to four stars.

A couple of minor typos but no more than five in total that I noticed. For a kindle freebie I thought the writing was of extremely high quality.

This is a historical romance with a family curse and suspense thrown in. As with many such stories the villain was one of the usual suspects but the actual identity and reasons were well-hidden. In my view if the author has presented two or three potential villains but you are not sure of the actual
Nancy H
This is a well-done historical romance with interesting protagonists whose families have been enemies for years, although they don't know it. Katya is a conjurer and magician, although those terms don't give her quite enough credit for her act. Nicholas is the scandalous Earl of Barrington who is missing a priceless scroll that his family needs to find a treasure. When he enlists Katya's help in finding the scroll and having her pose as his mistress in order to do so, neither of them expects the ...more
Kay Bolton
Review taken from my more extensive post #379 on my Blog in July 2013, which includes comments on errors/bug bears and a video of a singling llama (don't say I don't spoil you sometimes!!).

Overall not a bad read, but that might be a slightly false impression after the last Review (#378), which did not sit well with me.

The plot went along a brisk walk, but failed to fully pump up my heart rate.

Nicholas was a 5 on my Blake Alpha Male Scale - for those of you who don't know, Anthony Blake from A Ge
Katya is a Beautiful Gyspy woman with Lavender colored eyes. Her Parents were magicians who traveled the world and Everyone Loved their illusions they preformed. One day everything that could go wrong did and they were killed on stage and Katya found herself alone and penniless. She decided to continue her parents dream and do the illusions they so loved. She met Nicholas Duvall and right away she knew they were destined to find each other. Her mom told her stories that were passed down for many ...more
Patricia Kate
What Wild Moonlight and With this Kiss are my two favorites from Victoria Lynne. There wasn't anything too overly predictable in either book and I liked the H/h in both stories. I liked the setting in this book - I haven't seen too many historical romances set in Monaco .
Another interesting premise by this author. She comes up with unique ideas or unique spins on old ones. Each time I'm left wanting just a little bit more than I got.
I don't even know why I started this book. Its the same ole thing. Girl tries to avoid guy but they're thrown into some kind of relationship. They fall for each other but won't admit it till after girls life was in danger for some reason. The only different with this one is their families tried to marry their ancestors once.
This was an ok book. I found Katya an ok heroine to start off with but then she ended up annoying me. She just couldn't seem to be honest with Nicholas; whereas he seemed to be one of the most honest heros. There's obviously a happy ending but it seemed very contrived. So I enjoyed it but it wasn't a great book.
I should be embarrassed by some of the titles I'm reading, but I'm not. That having been said, I genuinely liked this book. There was a twist I certainly didn't see coming, and the characters were enjoyable. And I liked the resolution to the ancient mystery. Well done!
Pure unadulterated chick lit. She is a gypsy, the product of generations of family who hate another family because of a murder at a wedding in the Middle Ages and a lost diamond. He is the heir of the other family. You take it from there.
I like the mixture of folklore and regency in this romance novel. I really enjoy the budding friendship and romance between the male and female protagonist. I really enjoy how the legend and magic as well as folklore brought them together.
Loved this book, the intrigue, the characters. The story was amazing as well as the description of the costumes and the settings. I would recommend this to anyone that likes a good romance with a wee bit of mystery.
The synopsis of this novel did not appeal to me at all, so it came as a pleasant surprise that I enjoyed this novel so very much since I expected so much less. All in all a fun little romp.
I enjoyed this book. (view spoiler)
Trudi Jorda
What is there not to like? Gypsies? Mysteries? Fate? Folk lore and family legend? A fun read with love romance and lavender eyes! :)
Mary Mooney
I loved historical romances with a twist, this story has murder, intrigue, family disputes, and love to last forever.
Ronda Blanke Geiger
I liked this book. Fate and destiny with a mix of intrigue is always a pleasure to read.
Nice light summer read...good freebie
Good book!! Liked the story. Nice plot.
Jan 01, 2013 Lindsay marked it as kindle-i-own-to-read  ·  review of another edition
Amazon Freebie 01/01/2013
Suzan Tisdale
I really liked it!
Emily marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2015
  • Orchids in Moonlight
  • A Knight's Temptation (Knight's, #3)
  • An Unmistakable Rogue (Rogues Club, #3)
  • Come Be My Love
  • Taffeta and Hotspur
  • Defiant Impostor
  • Lady in White: Lords of Midnight
  • Hint of Desire (Desire #1)
  • Emerald Embrace
  • The Panther and the Pearl
  • The Beauty Bride (Jewels of Kinfairlie, #1)
  • Windswept
  • Fierce Eden
  • Savage Deception
  • The Rogue and the Hellion (Rogue Trilogy #1)
  • Wildblossom
  • Yorkshire (Richard and Rose, #1)
  • Dark Angel
Victoria Lynne is the author of historical romance novels. She's received two RITA Award nominations, and has consistently earned Romantic Times' "Top Pick" award. Called "A Fabulous Storyteller!" by Rendezvous Magazine, her work consistently draws rave reviews and continues to attract new readers. Ms. Lynne seamlessly blends humor, wit, action, and romance to plunge readers into the giddy thrill ...more
More about Victoria Lynne...