Start by marking “Bradbury: An Illustrated Life: A Journey to Far Metaphor” as Want to Read:
Bradbury: An Illustrated Life: A Journey to Far Metaphor

Bradbury: An Illustrated Life: A Journey to Far Metaphor

In this lavishly illustrated labor of love, Jerry Weist -- Sotheby's fantasy and science fiction collectibles expert and longtime Ray Bradbury friend and collector -- gives us a unique "visual biography," a one-of-a-kind celebration of the life, career, and genius of one of America's most beloved literary giants.The works of Ray Bradbury have been read and revered for more ...more
Published October 1st 2002 by William Morrow & Company

To ask other readers questions about Bradbury, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bradbury

Philip Burt
Jul 04, 2012 Philip Burt rated it it was amazing
I was really amazed by all the illustrations collected that neatly tie together Bradbury's Life and work. As an avid Bradbury reader, some of the illustrations and photos brought back some recollections from growing up and some of the ways his work has enriched my view of the world. It was also interesting to learn more about his ties to other mediums, such as comic books, theatre and even, television. Most impressive was how in-depth this book was in such areas as sharing some of his key writte ...more
Al
Nov 10, 2015 Al rated it liked it
A great coffee table book for fans of the classic science fiction author.
Mike Lester
Aug 14, 2011 Mike Lester rated it it was amazing
A wonderful book filled with amazing artwork and many nice surprises (Bradbury's own paintings and notes, pages from his journals where he muses over potential titles, etc.) More than just a coffee table book, more than just a pictorial biography, this is a peek behind the curtain at the wizard at work, and a nice trip down memory lane for those of us who grew up with Bradbury and his books.
Gina
Jan 23, 2010 Gina rated it it was amazing
Shelves: pre-2009, 5-star
This book is awesome. I love the artwork and because I collect the different editions of Bradbury's books it is also useful to me. This is a book that I love to take down and look at from time to time and see how different artists interpreted the same stories.
David Allen
Sep 26, 2009 David Allen rated it liked it
Art and photos related to Bradbury's career, with some (hagiographic) text. Inessential, but a nice compendium for fans. I especially liked seeing the covers of all the various paperback editions of his classic titles.
Johnny Carruthers
Dec 07, 2014 Johnny Carruthers marked it as to-read
Shelves: nonfiction, sfref
This was the last book I bought from Hawley-Cooke. I bought it the day they closed; a week before they reopened as Borders.
Steve
Dec 31, 2008 Steve rated it it was amazing
...A truly GREAT one!!!
Travis Brainerd
Travis Brainerd marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2016
Troy
Troy marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2016
Victoria Friscia
Victoria Friscia rated it really liked it
Jul 13, 2016
Derek
Derek marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2016
Pat Winter
Pat Winter marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2016
Jeremiah Salyer
Jeremiah Salyer marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2016
Casey
Casey marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2016
Natlukens
Natlukens marked it as to-read
May 27, 2016
C.M. Stultz
C.M. Stultz rated it it was amazing
Mar 01, 2016
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2016
William Bevill
William Bevill marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2016
Tim Worsham
Tim Worsham marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2016
Trent Rogers
Trent Rogers marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2016
Chuck
Chuck rated it liked it
Jan 04, 2016
Jeff
Jeff marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2016
Ilhan
Ilhan added it
Dec 26, 2015
Ann
Ann added it
Dec 23, 2015
Tomislav
Tomislav marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2015
Ben
Ben added it
Aug 29, 2015
Joseph Smith
Joseph Smith rated it it was amazing
Aug 07, 2015