Start by marking “Bradbury: An Illustrated Life: A Journey to Far Metaphor” as Want to Read:
Bradbury: An Illustrated Life: A Journey to Far Metaphor

Bradbury: An Illustrated Life: A Journey to Far Metaphor

4.44 of 5 stars 4.44  ·  rating details  ·  48 ratings  ·  6 reviews
In this lavishly illustrated labor of love, Jerry Weist -- Sotheby's fantasy and science fiction collectibles expert and longtime Ray Bradbury friend and collector -- gives us a unique "visual biography," a one-of-a-kind celebration of the life, career, and genius of one of America's most beloved literary giants.The works of Ray Bradbury have been read and revered for more ...more
Published October 1st 2002 by William Morrow & Company

To ask other readers questions about Bradbury, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bradbury

Philip Burt
I was really amazed by all the illustrations collected that neatly tie together Bradbury's Life and work. As an avid Bradbury reader, some of the illustrations and photos brought back some recollections from growing up and some of the ways his work has enriched my view of the world. It was also interesting to learn more about his ties to other mediums, such as comic books, theatre and even, television. Most impressive was how in-depth this book was in such areas as sharing some of his key writte ...more
Mike Lester
A wonderful book filled with amazing artwork and many nice surprises (Bradbury's own paintings and notes, pages from his journals where he muses over potential titles, etc.) More than just a coffee table book, more than just a pictorial biography, this is a peek behind the curtain at the wizard at work, and a nice trip down memory lane for those of us who grew up with Bradbury and his books.
Gina
This book is awesome. I love the artwork and because I collect the different editions of Bradbury's books it is also useful to me. This is a book that I love to take down and look at from time to time and see how different artists interpreted the same stories.
David Allen
Art and photos related to Bradbury's career, with some (hagiographic) text. Inessential, but a nice compendium for fans. I especially liked seeing the covers of all the various paperback editions of his classic titles.
Johnny Carruthers
Dec 07, 2014 Johnny Carruthers marked it as to-read
Shelves: nonfiction, sfref
This was the last book I bought from Hawley-Cooke. I bought it the day they closed; a week before they reopened as Borders.
Steve
...A truly GREAT one!!!
Steve & Liz
Steve & Liz marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2015
Tony
Tony is currently reading it
Jan 27, 2015
Brian
Brian marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Alysia
Alysia marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2014
Ruthie
Ruthie marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Eric
Eric added it
Jun 23, 2014
Skullcrusher Manor
Skullcrusher Manor marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2014
Ray Hewitt
Ray Hewitt marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2014
Paige
Paige marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2014
Kevin
Kevin marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2013
Meghan Wilson
Meghan Wilson marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2013
Sean
Sean marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2013
sondinivm
sondinivm marked it as to-read
May 16, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
100 Greatest Comic Books From the Pen of Paul: The Fantastic Images of Frank R. Paul Original Comic Art: Identification and Price Guide The Comic Art Price Guide The Comic Art Price Guide: Illustrated Guide with Price Range Values, Third Edition [Paperback]