Start by marking “The Pastry Chef's Companion: A Comprehensive Resource Guide for the Baking and Pastry Professional” as Want to Read:

4.22 of 5 stars 4.22  ·  rating details  ·  46 ratings  ·  4 reviews
A comprehensive baking dictionary and reference guide designed for aspiring and current pastry professionals, this A-to-Z guide features more than 3,000 baking and pastry definitions, covering everything from dessert wines to notable pastry chefs to equipment and unusual ingredients.
Published March 1st 2008 by John Wiley & Sons (first published February 13th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Pastry Chef's Companion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Pastry Chef's Companion

JK
Mar 17, 2011 JK added it
Shelves: cookbooks, own, refrence
As a culinary school graduate, I'm so glad that I bought this. While it wasn't exactly what I was expecting, it makes a great addition to my collection of kitchen know hows. Full of definitions, flavor combos, conversions, etc. In my opinion, it's a must have for any professional or at-home pastry DIYs.
Asma
i really liked this book that is what i was looking for to get to familiarize myself with the baking vocabulary. i love baking and this book is perfect in explaining the meaning of things. ii will be worth it to own this book
Erin
Dec 14, 2008 Erin added it
I want to become a Pastry Chef. Mostly reviewing this book for terms, etc....
Farah
it is really a useful baking dictionary
Jesse
Jesse marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
GanGa DhAr
GanGa DhAr marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Mary Gronback
Mary Gronback marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
Brooke
Brooke added it
Dec 29, 2014
Nikki
Nikki marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
Patty R.
Patty R. marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2014
Rutvika Bhide
Rutvika Bhide marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
Carina28
Carina28 marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
Jan Ryberg brod
Jan Ryberg brod marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014