Start by marking “Amigurumi World: Seriously Cute Crochet” as Want to Read:
Amigurumi World: Seriously Cute Crochet

Amigurumi World: Seriously Cute Crochet

Get “hooked” into the quirky world of Amigurumi! Crochet these irresistibly cute creatures—today's coolest craze in crochet.

-Over 20 projects are super hip and super quick to make— you need only basic crochet skills and small amounts of yarn
-Funky designs include mommy and baby owls, hedgehogs, and penguins, plus silly crocheted treats like cupcakes and ice-cream cones
Published February 12th 2008 by Martingale and Company

To ask other readers questions about Amigurumi World, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Amigurumi World

Creepy Cute Crochet by Christen HadenAmigurumi World by Ana Paula RimoliCrobots by Nelly PaillouxAmigurumi Two! by Ana Paula RimoliYummi 'Gurumi by Christen Haden
Best Amigurumi Books
2nd out of 23 books — 31 voters
Stitch 'n Bitch Crochet by Debbie StollerBeyond the Square Crochet Motifs by Edie EckmanThe Crochet Answer Book by Edie EckmanCreepy Cute Crochet by Christen Haden200 Crochet Blocks for Blankets, Throws, and Afghans by Jan Eaton
Must-Own Crochet Books
26th out of 95 books — 52 voters

More lists with this book...

Feb 06, 2012 Nikki rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction, crafts
Another book of cute amigurumi designs. I've been meaning to pick this one up for a while, particularly for the hedgehog, but it contains so much cuteness! The instructions are clear and look easy to follow, and I like that there's some food designs -- that always amuses me. As is pretty standard, there's some explanation of the various techniques used, but it's not really necessary if you have any crochet knowledge at all.
May 11, 2010 Alea rated it it was amazing

Ana Paula Rimoli's amigurumi books (crocheted dolls/toys), Amigurumi World and Amigurumi Two! are by far my favorite for the craft. Her creations are very cute and original. In this book you'll find a lot of mother and child or father and child patterns which basically consist of two sizes of a pattern with maybe a few differences in the look of the finished product. They range from owls to lions to hedgehogs to penguins. There is a lot in this book and most of it is cute!

My favorite patterns ar
Sep 06, 2010 Penny rated it really liked it
Fun book. Most of my life I've been a novice when it comes to crochet. Scratch that, novice isn't quite right. You see, until this past summer I'd only ever crocheted potholders. Four times. In my life. Half of which I never finished because I got bored. So is there such a thing as quasi-novice? If so, that's what category I belonged to.

That being said, with the help of this book and Amigurumi Two! I've made some pretty cute stuff for my kids and they actually play with all of it. No, really, t
Dec 31, 2008 jess rated it really liked it
Shelves: craft, 2008
Of all the amigurumi and plush toy-making books that i read this year, this might be my favorite. it is definitely my fave of the genre of knitted/crochet toy making books. The patterns are cute, simple enough to be customizable, easy enough for an newbie to keep up. the accessories and design are all clean enough to show off the pattern. this was the first amigurumi book i read this year that made me think i could actually put a few of these adorable creatures together. there are simple, easy p ...more
Oct 09, 2016 Julie rated it it was ok
I think the patterns are super cute, but they are turning out huge. I cut one of the patterns by 1/3 and it's more the size of an amigurumi than a full sized plushie. Anyone else having this problem?
Aug 11, 2015 Katerina rated it really liked it
One of the first crochet books that I bought, although I was very new with crocheting, I managed to crochet the penguin with no problem. The rest of the amigurumis are quite cute, too.
Joshua Gage
Sep 15, 2014 Joshua Gage rated it really liked it
Shelves: crochet
A very solid intro to amigurumi. Lots of cute, fun patterns.
Feb 11, 2010 Bethany rated it it was amazing
Shelves: crafts
Rimoli's patterns are easy to follow and yield adorable critters with perfectly cute details. The hedgehog has a wild, curly hairdo, and the lion's lacy mane frames his quirky nose. It's the details that set these patterns apart from so many others. The proportions (big head, little body/limbs) are wobbly and sweet, and the eyes, noses, and mouths, add delightful character and charm.

This is a marvelous book, especially if you're dipping into amigurumi for the first time.
Aug 10, 2008 Bridget rated it it was amazing
Shelves: hobbies-crafts
Since I was a little kid, I have thought it would be cute to have a little village of crocheted animals (don't ask me why)! But, whenever I have seen patterns they are "yucky, groovy crochet".

Well, I was walking out of Michael's the other day and I saw this pattern book on an end cap. I looked at it and it was the "cute, groovy crochet" that I have seen in my mind's eye for all of these years. YEA! Another thing off of my list, that I want in this lifetime! :)
Jan 05, 2014 Tiffany rated it it was amazing
Shelves: crochet
I only own a handful of crochet books, but I'd recommened this to anyone who wants to learn amigurumi. Even if you are not *that* interested in the patterns, the tutorials are great and this book is basically how I taught myself to crochet!

Love Ana Paula Rimoli :)
Apr 30, 2011 Cami rated it really liked it
This is full of adorable projects.
I especially like the mini-Amis because of the mix-n-match "accessories" that make them different types of animals.
Another favorite is the adorable cactus in a pot. If you've ever killed a cactus with your lack of a green thumb, then maybe you need to make the one in here.
I am really looking forward to starting some of these projects!

Thanks, Angie, for the birthday present!
Oct 24, 2011 Maggie rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
I learned to crochet when I was pretty little, but I had never even thought to make stuffed animals until my mom brought this book home. Each animal only takes a little while to make, and the directions are straightforward and simple. Mine don't look quote as cute as the ones in the book, but I love them dearly. I'm currently making an elephant. =]
Riha S.
Oct 24, 2012 Riha S. rated it it was ok
All the creatures use basically the same pattern, the limbs are in my opinion very awkward, I've been crocheting for roughly 8 months, and I've found hundreds of beautiful critter patterns online for free. In my opinion, definitely not worth the money. the only thing in this book that I actually enjoyed was the description on how to make a pom pom.
Mar 08, 2016 Ris rated it really liked it
Shelves: hobbies
I taught myself how to read patterns using this book. They aren't my favorite patterns, but it's a good book for beginners; it's very clear and concise and easy to follow, and shows you how to do the necessary stitches for the patterns included. I love any pattern book that's considerate of beginner and intermediate crocheters' needs.
Tabitha (Pabkins)
Jun 18, 2012 Tabitha (Pabkins) rated it it was ok
Shelves: crafts
The look of almost all of the critters is essentially the same. It is good for a beginner but even then I wouldn't buy it. I bought it online so didn't look at all the pictures/patterns first. You'd have more variety even as a beginner if you downloaded free amigurumi patterns from the internet.
Jan 15, 2009 SR rated it really liked it
Gift from a couple friends who thought I needed cheering up by the prospect of making stupidly cute smiley things out of yarn. It totally worked, too.

Haven't made anything yet, mostly because I can't crochet worth a damn, but ohhh there will be fun.
Jan 23, 2009 Kristen rated it really liked it
Another adorable little stuffed animal crochet book. Again, I think I'm a little too beginner to attempt these at the moment, but I'm definitely buying the book and will be making these once I get a few more projects under my belt.
Mar 29, 2010 Wallace rated it it was amazing
This book has excellent instructions and clear outlines of each project. Plus, experienced and beginning crocheters will have fun with these projects. I love Rimoli's humor and easy-going approach to the craft of crochet.
Jul 20, 2009 MonikaG rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who has learned the basics of crochet
Fantastic book! I learned how to make really unbelievably cute toys, using the simple techniques in this book. I would recommend this to anyone wanting to learn how to crochet amigurumi.
Nov 10, 2014 Heather rated it liked it
I like the look of the patterns, but I haven't gotten to make any yet. My goal this summer is to make one ami from each of my ami books. I think I meant to make the owl from this one.
Mar 26, 2010 Gus rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: beginner crochet-ers
Shelves: amigurumi, crochet
This is BY FAR the clearest, easiest book for beginner amigurumi makers! The patterns are adorable and range from easy to difficult and oh so cute! I'll be buying this one in the future!
Jul 30, 2012 Sarah rated it it was amazing
i checked this damned book out so much that i eventually broke down and bought a copy. i see them as patterns; the childrens see it as a catalog to choose what they want mommy to make.
Oct 12, 2010 Annette rated it it was amazing
Easy, readable and fantastically cute animals and patterns. Did I mention easy? And the projects turn out like the pictures. Most can be made in two hours, even by novice hookers.
Dec 04, 2010 Robin rated it liked it
Shelves: 2009
A big hit with the children in my family. So far have made the turtle and the penguin family multiple times. Great easy to understand directions.
Jul 21, 2008 Khinna added it
I just bought this... I hope that this book can give me more luck in the world of crocheting toys, than the world of knitting toys.
Feb 03, 2015 Day rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, crafts
I love this book. I've made at least a half dozen little animals. Very accurate instructions and enjoyable.
Oct 24, 2011 Ines added it
Shelves: non-fiction, knitting
I loved the cute little animals in this book! Definitely some of my favorite toys to make for kids! :)
Aug 21, 2010 Kerry rated it it was ok
Shelves: get-creative
I wasn't overly impressed with this one, but at the time there weren't very many books on amigurumi.
Oct 18, 2015 Mary rated it really liked it
Shelves: craft, library-books
I am going to have to make some of these they are cute. Put them in the kids Easter baskets.
Feb 02, 2010 Wendy rated it it was amazing
Cuteness overload! Adorable pics and easy to follow instructions for learning to crochet amigurumi.
  • Creepy Cute Crochet: Zombies, Ninjas, Robots, and More!
  • Tiny Yarn Animals: Amigurumi Friends to Make and Enjoy
  • Amigurumi!: Super Happy Crochet Cute
  • Crobots: 20 Amigurumi Robots to Make
  • Super-cute Crochet: Make Your Own Amigurumi Family
  • The Complete Idiot's Guide to Amigurumi
  • 100 Flowers to Knit & Crochet: A Collection of Beautiful Blooms for Embellishing Garments, Accessories, and More
  • Kyuuto! Japanese Crafts!: Amigurumi
  • Stitch 'n Bitch Crochet: The Happy Hooker
  • Mr. Funky's Super Crochet Wonderful
  • 200 Crochet Blocks for Blankets, Throws, and Afghans: Crochet Squares to Mix and Match
  • Beyond the Square Crochet Motifs: 144 Circles, Hexagons, Triangles, Squares, and Other Unexpected Shapes
  • Anticraft: Knitting Beading & Stitching for the Slightly Sinister