Start by marking “Amigurumi World: Seriously Cute Crochet” as Want to Read:
Amigurumi World: Seriously Cute Crochet

Amigurumi World: Seriously Cute Crochet

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  382 ratings  ·  36 reviews
Get “hooked” into the quirky world of Amigurumi! Crochet these irresistibly cute creatures—today's coolest craze in crochet.

-Over 20 projects are super hip and super quick to make— you need only basic crochet skills and small amounts of yarn
-Funky designs include mommy and baby owls, hedgehogs, and penguins, plus silly crocheted treats like cupcakes and ice-cream cones
-Fi
Published February 12th 2008 by Martingale and Company

To ask other readers questions about Amigurumi World, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Amigurumi World

Creepy Cute Crochet by Christen HadenAmigurumi World by Ana Paula RimoliCrobots by Nelly PaillouxAmigurumi Two! by Ana Paula RimoliYummi 'Gurumi by Christen Haden
Best Amigurumi Books
2nd out of 17 books — 23 voters
Stitch 'n Bitch Crochet by Debbie StollerBeyond the Square Crochet Motifs by Edie EckmanThe Crochet Answer Book by Edie EckmanCreepy Cute Crochet by Christen HadenThe Complete Book of Crochet Stitch Designs by Linda P. Schapper
Must-Own Crochet Books
22nd out of 60 books — 40 voters

More lists with this book...

Nikki
Another book of cute amigurumi designs. I've been meaning to pick this one up for a while, particularly for the hedgehog, but it contains so much cuteness! The instructions are clear and look easy to follow, and I like that there's some food designs -- that always amuses me. As is pretty standard, there's some explanation of the various techniques used, but it's not really necessary if you have any crochet knowledge at all.
Alea

Ana Paula Rimoli's amigurumi books (crocheted dolls/toys), Amigurumi World and Amigurumi Two! are by far my favorite for the craft. Her creations are very cute and original. In this book you'll find a lot of mother and child or father and child patterns which basically consist of two sizes of a pattern with maybe a few differences in the look of the finished product. They range from owls to lions to hedgehogs to penguins. There is a lot in this book and most of it is cute!

My favorite patterns ar
Penny
Fun book. Most of my life I've been a novice when it comes to crochet. Scratch that, novice isn't quite right. You see, until this past summer I'd only ever crocheted potholders. Four times. In my life. Half of which I never finished because I got bored. So is there such a thing as quasi-novice? If so, that's what category I belonged to.

That being said, with the help of this book and Amigurumi Two! I've made some pretty cute stuff for my kids and they actually play with all of it. No, really, t
jess
Dec 31, 2008 jess rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2008, craft
Of all the amigurumi and plush toy-making books that i read this year, this might be my favorite. it is definitely my fave of the genre of knitted/crochet toy making books. The patterns are cute, simple enough to be customizable, easy enough for an newbie to keep up. the accessories and design are all clean enough to show off the pattern. this was the first amigurumi book i read this year that made me think i could actually put a few of these adorable creatures together. there are simple, easy p ...more
Dawn
I love this book. I've made at least a half dozen little animals. Very accurate instructions and it was enjoyable following these patterns. This crafter of amigurumi stands out for me with having very accurate and reliable patterns!
Joshua Gage
A very solid intro to amigurumi. Lots of cute, fun patterns.
Bethany
Rimoli's patterns are easy to follow and yield adorable critters with perfectly cute details. The hedgehog has a wild, curly hairdo, and the lion's lacy mane frames his quirky nose. It's the details that set these patterns apart from so many others. The proportions (big head, little body/limbs) are wobbly and sweet, and the eyes, noses, and mouths, add delightful character and charm.

This is a marvelous book, especially if you're dipping into amigurumi for the first time.
Bridget
Since I was a little kid, I have thought it would be cute to have a little village of crocheted animals (don't ask me why)! But, whenever I have seen patterns they are "yucky, groovy crochet".

Well, I was walking out of Michael's the other day and I saw this pattern book on an end cap. I looked at it and it was the "cute, groovy crochet" that I have seen in my mind's eye for all of these years. YEA! Another thing off of my list, that I want in this lifetime! :)
Tiffany
I only own a handful of crochet books, but I'd recommened this to anyone who wants to learn amigurumi. Even if you are not *that* interested in the patterns, the tutorials are great and this book is basically how I taught myself to crochet!

Love Ana Paula Rimoli :)
Cami
This is full of adorable projects.
I especially like the mini-Amis because of the mix-n-match "accessories" that make them different types of animals.
Another favorite is the adorable cactus in a pot. If you've ever killed a cactus with your lack of a green thumb, then maybe you need to make the one in here.
I am really looking forward to starting some of these projects!

Thanks, Angie, for the birthday present!
Maggie
I learned to crochet when I was pretty little, but I had never even thought to make stuffed animals until my mom brought this book home. Each animal only takes a little while to make, and the directions are straightforward and simple. Mine don't look quote as cute as the ones in the book, but I love them dearly. I'm currently making an elephant. =]
Riha S.
All the creatures use basically the same pattern, the limbs are in my opinion very awkward, I've been crocheting for roughly 8 months, and I've found hundreds of beautiful critter patterns online for free. In my opinion, definitely not worth the money. the only thing in this book that I actually enjoyed was the description on how to make a pom pom.
Ris
I taught myself how to read patterns using this book. They aren't my favorite patterns, but it's a good book for beginners; it's very clear and concise and easy to follow, and shows you how to do the necessary stitches for the patterns included. I love any pattern book that's considerate of beginner and intermediate crocheters' needs.
Tabitha (Pabkins)
The look of almost all of the critters is essentially the same. It is good for a beginner but even then I wouldn't buy it. I bought it online so didn't look at all the pictures/patterns first. You'd have more variety even as a beginner if you downloaded free amigurumi patterns from the internet.
Rachel
Gift from a couple friends who thought I needed cheering up by the prospect of making stupidly cute smiley things out of yarn. It totally worked, too.

Haven't made anything yet, mostly because I can't crochet worth a damn, but ohhh there will be fun.
Kristen
Another adorable little stuffed animal crochet book. Again, I think I'm a little too beginner to attempt these at the moment, but I'm definitely buying the book and will be making these once I get a few more projects under my belt.
Wallace
This book has excellent instructions and clear outlines of each project. Plus, experienced and beginning crocheters will have fun with these projects. I love Rimoli's humor and easy-going approach to the craft of crochet.
MonikaG
Jul 20, 2009 MonikaG rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone who has learned the basics of crochet
Fantastic book! I learned how to make really unbelievably cute toys, using the simple techniques in this book. I would recommend this to anyone wanting to learn how to crochet amigurumi.
Heather
I like the look of the patterns, but I haven't gotten to make any yet. My goal this summer is to make one ami from each of my ami books. I think I meant to make the owl from this one.
Gus
Mar 26, 2010 Gus rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: beginner crochet-ers
Shelves: amigurumi, crochet
This is BY FAR the clearest, easiest book for beginner amigurumi makers! The patterns are adorable and range from easy to difficult and oh so cute! I'll be buying this one in the future!
i checked this damned book out so much that i eventually broke down and bought a copy. i see them as patterns; the childrens see it as a catalog to choose what they want mommy to make.
Annette
Easy, readable and fantastically cute animals and patterns. Did I mention easy? And the projects turn out like the pictures. Most can be made in two hours, even by novice hookers.
Robin
Dec 04, 2010 Robin rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2009
A big hit with the children in my family. So far have made the turtle and the penguin family multiple times. Great easy to understand directions.
Khinna
Jul 21, 2008 Khinna added it
I just bought this... I hope that this book can give me more luck in the world of crocheting toys, than the world of knitting toys.
Ines
Oct 24, 2011 Ines added it
Shelves: non-fiction, knitting
I loved the cute little animals in this book! Definitely some of my favorite toys to make for kids! :)
Kerry
I wasn't overly impressed with this one, but at the time there weren't very many books on amigurumi.
Mary
I am going to have to make some of these they are cute. Put them in the kids Easter baskets.
Wendy
Cuteness overload! Adorable pics and easy to follow instructions for learning to crochet amigurumi.
Kara
Adore all of Ana Paula Rimoli's patterns and ideas. Check her out on etsy, too!
Kiwi
Fun book and fun projects. Really cute stuff and very clear instructions
  • Creepy Cute Crochet
  • Tiny Yarn Animals: Amigurumi Friends to Make and Enjoy
  • Amigurumi!: Super Happy Crochet Cute
  • Crobots: 20 Amigurumi Robots to Make
  • Beyond the Square Crochet Motifs: 144 Circles, Hexagons, Triangles, Squares, and Other Unexpected Shapes
  • 100 Flowers to Knit & Crochet: A Collection of Beautiful Blooms for Embellishing Garments, Accessories, and More
  • 200 Crochet Blocks for Blankets, Throws, and Afghans: Crochet Squares to Mix and Match
  • Stitch 'n Bitch Crochet: The Happy Hooker
  • Teach Yourself Visually Crocheting
  • Knitting Mochimochi: 20 Super-Cute Strange Designs for Knitted Amigurumi
  • The Cute Book
  • Vampire Knits: Projects to Keep You Knitting from Twilight to Dawn
  • Donna Kooler's Encyclopedia of Crochet  (Leisure Arts #15906) (Donna Kooler's Series)
  • Amazing Crochet Lace: New Fashions Inspired by Old-Fashioned Lace
Amigurumi Two!: Crocheted Toys for Me and You and Baby Too Amigurumi Toy Box: Cute Crocheted Friends Amigurumi on the Go: 30 Patterns for Crocheting Kids' Bags, Backpacks, and More Amigurumi at Home: Crochet Playful Pillows, Rugs, Baskets, and More Little Amigurumi Cuties