Start by marking “The Spriggan Mirror” as Want to Read:
The Spriggan Mirror

The Spriggan Mirror (Ethshar #9)

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  291 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Every wizard in Ethshar knew that if you needed something special, something difficult to find, that Gresh the Supplier was the man to see. He was expensive, but always delivered. So when the Wizards' Guild finally got fed up with the little green nuisances that called themselves "spriggans," the Guild hired Gresh to fetch them the magic mirror that created the troublesome ...more
Published December 1st 2006 by Wildside Press

To ask other readers questions about The Spriggan Mirror, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Spriggan Mirror

K. Axel
Aug 08, 2009 K. Axel rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Ethshar fans
This is a book written for the Ethshar world, created by Lawrence Watt-Evans. It concerns the spriggans, as you might have guessed from the title. In fact, it concerns their very existence; how they came to be, what they are how the world could possibly get rid of them.

Personally, I'm a huge Ethshar fan. I got all the books, even though I haven't read them all (three more to go). If this is your very first Ethshar experience... then turn back. It's probably not the right place to start. Why do I
Tips
Following on from 'With a single spell', The spriggan mirror is very poor fare indeed. This book concerns itself to a very minor loose end from its predecessor, has Watt-Evans run out of plots?
If you want to read Watt-Evans, try 'single spell' or 'misenchanted sword', if you want to complete Watt-Evans, leave this one till last?
Latharia
Another fine addition to the Legends of Ethshar by Watt-Evans. My major disappointment was that unlike the other books set in Ethshar, this one didn't really start off with a bang. I was stunned to find I was halfway through it and there was no major plot hang up! That bit came about 7/8ths of the way through it!
Kevin Driskill
I liked this book a lot. I saw it got mixed reviews, but I thought it was great. I like the detail about how the magic works and the wild creativity in the explanations. Don't miss this one when you read the series it fills in several parts of the series story well and is a great read.
Jolyon
Decent continuation and resolution from the predicament created by magic gone awry in With a Single Spell. I want to say this is one of his best Ethshar novels since Spell of the Black Dagger.
Jimmy
Meh.
It's nice to have another book in this series.
It's nice to have a wrap up for the Spriggans
It's nice to see an old character again.

It's not enouugh to lift this book past Meh
Josh
Some of the life seems to have gone out of this series. Also probably could have used an editor at a major publisher for some polishing.
Biffbolt
A fun, light fantasy (with a slight hint of misogyny).
Sandy
This was the weakest book in the Ethshar series.
Michael
Yet another good entry in the Ethshar series.
bluetyson
The Spriggan Mirror by Lawrence Watt-evans (2000)
Eoin Dubh
Eoin Dubh marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2015
Andres
Andres added it
Jul 20, 2015
James Eckman
James Eckman marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2015
Sai
Sai marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2015
Shannon Clement
Shannon Clement marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2015
Silver Hawk
Silver Hawk marked it as to-read
May 26, 2015
  • The Snow Princess
  • Kai Lung's Golden Hours (Kai Lung #2)
  • Highwaymen: Robbers and Rogues
  • Northwest of Earth: The Complete Northwest Smith
  • Dangerous Gifts (Babylon Steel, #2)
  • Shadow Gate (Crossroads, #2)
  • Emperor and Clown (A Man of His Word, #4)
  • Alichino (Alichino, #3)
  • Wintertide
  • Dreamfall (Cat, #3)
  • Entoverse (Giants, #4)
  • Black on Black (Heyoka Blackeagle, #1)
  • The Beastly Bride: Tales of the Animal People
  • Some Golden Harbor (Lt. Leary, #5)
  • Bard's Oath (Dragonlord, #3)
  • The Beast Under the Wizard's Bridge (Lewis Barnavelt, #8)
  • Shadowfane (The Cycle of Fire, #3)
  • Stalking the Vampire

Ethshar (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • The Misenchanted Sword
  • With a Single Spell
  • The Unwilling Warlord
  • The Blood of a Dragon
  • Taking Flight
  • The Spell of the Black Dagger (Legends of Ethshar)
  • Night of Madness
  • Ithanalin's Restoration
  • The Vondish Ambassador
  • The Unwelcome Warlock
The Misenchanted Sword With a Single Spell Dragon Weather (Obsidian Chronicles #1) The Dragon Society (Obsidian Chronicles, Book 2) Dragon Venom (Obsidian Chronicles #3)