Start by marking “The Twelve Cats of Christmas” as Want to Read:

my true love gave to me
four Siamese,
three climbing cats,
two cats asleep,
and a white cat with a red bow.

This irresistible collection of festive felines features cats intently gazing out windows, mischievously playing with rolls of ribbon, contentedly lapping up milk, and relaxing in a variety of other friendly, familiar poses. Readers wi
Published September 1st 1992 by Chronicle Books

To ask other readers questions about The Twelve Cats of Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Twelve Cats of Christmas

Dewey by Vicki MyronHomer's Odyssey by Gwen CooperOld Possum's Book of Practical Cats by T.S. EliotInto the Wild by Erin HunterThe Cat in the Hat by Dr. Seuss
Cat Lovers List
105th out of 590 books — 294 voters
The Cat in the Hat by Dr. SeussKitten's First Full Moon by Kevin HenkesMillions of Cats by Wanda GágPuss in Boots by Malcolm ArthurThe Tale of Tom Kitten by Beatrix Potter
Picture Books about Cats
230th out of 328 books — 162 voters

More lists with this book...

Jobiska (Cindy)
Pretty cute, but why did they have to "rhyme" "my true love gave to me" with "a white cat with a red bow?" Was there NO other thing they could have written that would actually rhyme with "me?" It is the only darn rhyme you have to come up with in the whole song!
Julia Brumfield
A beautiful Christmas variation of the "12 Days of Christmas" that is directed for those who love cats. Each day brings in the same amount of cats doing something cat-like that will remind us of those actions that intrigue us every day from our very own kitty-cat friends.

The pictures are so gorgeous within this book for they do a glorious job in catching the cats both in motion and stillness. Each collection of cats is showed in bright realistic colors while at the same time being bordered wit
Diane
Most everyone has heard of the Christmas Carol, The Twelve Days of Christmas, but now a delightful spin on that popular song, for children and cat loving adults alike: The Twelve Cats of Christmas, by Kandy Radzinski is just that.

In this adorable holiday book, the author features twelve cute as can be cats in various poses, playing, drinking milk, and just have a fun time. The story, a parody to the original song, is told in sing song rhyme:

On the fourth day of Christmas,
my true love gave to me
f
Xanthi
The main draw of this book are the illustrations. Colorful, cute and detailed. The text is just a crazy cat enabler's version of the "12 days of Christmas".
McKenzie
This is one of my top 10 (maybe even 5) read aloud Christmas books. Of course, it follows the theme of the song "The Twelve Days of Christmas" but it replaces each original gift with a cat/cats who are doing all the silly and cute things that cats do. The pictures are fun, and so is the story! So fun to read/sing aloud to!
Jim
if i counted correctly, my true love gave me 359 cats. even the crazy cat lady down the street doesn't have 359 cats. where do you get 359 cats? wouldn't this mean you end up w/your own tv show or on springer?
the wrong book to read at two in the morning.
even michael jackson probably never had 359 cats.
Mckinley
While not one of my favorite Christmas carols, I enjoyed this version.
Kimberly
A fun twist on the Twelve Day of Christmas with beautiful pictures. Great for cat lovers and those who love Christmas.
Emmy Lou
I'm not going to lie, I sang this all the way through. The illustrations are absolutely AMAZING, too!
C.G.
A retelling of the 12 days of Christmas with wonderful cat illustrations.
Bree
Notes:
book for cat lovers
wished it included kittens too
Paul
Nathan
Nathan added it
Feb 12, 2015
Helena Andrade
Helena Andrade marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Cary Roller
Cary Roller marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2015
Pierre
Pierre marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2014
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Sguzik
Sguzik is currently reading it
Dec 02, 2014
Kira
Kira added it
Nov 07, 2014
Stacey
Stacey added it
Oct 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
What Dogs Want for Christmas Where to Sleep What Cats Want for Christmas The Twelve Cats Of Christmas Where to Sleep (General Reading)