Start by marking “The Twelve Cats of Christmas” as Want to Read:

my true love gave to me
four Siamese,
three climbing cats,
two cats asleep,
and a white cat with a red bow.

This irresistible collection of festive felines features cats intently gazing out windows, mischievously playing with rolls of ribbon, contentedly lapping up milk, and relaxing in a variety of other friendly, familiar poses. Readers wi
Published September 1st 1992 by Chronicle Books

To ask other readers questions about The Twelve Cats of Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Twelve Cats of Christmas

Dewey by Vicki MyronHomer's Odyssey by Gwen CooperThe Cat in the Hat by Dr. SeussOld Possum's Book of Practical Cats by T.S. EliotInto the Wild by Erin Hunter
Cat Lovers List
126th out of 712 books — 340 voters
Dewey by Vicki MyronKris by Patrick O'ScheenHomer's Odyssey by Gwen CooperInto the Wild by Erin HunterCleo by Helen Brown
Best Cat Books
141st out of 177 books — 70 voters

More lists with this book...

Jobiska (Cindy)
Jul 26, 2011 Jobiska (Cindy) rated it really liked it
Shelves: cats, fiction, christmas
Pretty cute, but why did they have to "rhyme" "my true love gave to me" with "a white cat with a red bow?" Was there NO other thing they could have written that would actually rhyme with "me?" It is the only darn rhyme you have to come up with in the whole song!
Julia Brumfield
Apr 03, 2015 Julia Brumfield rated it really liked it
Shelves: animal-cat
A beautiful Christmas variation of the "12 Days of Christmas" that is directed for those who love cats. Each day brings in the same amount of cats doing something cat-like that will remind us of those actions that intrigue us every day from our very own kitty-cat friends.

The pictures are so gorgeous within this book for they do a glorious job in catching the cats both in motion and stillness. Each collection of cats is showed in bright realistic colors while at the same time being bordered wit
Diane
Nov 26, 2010 Diane rated it it was amazing
Shelves: a-favorite-read
Most everyone has heard of the Christmas Carol, The Twelve Days of Christmas, but now a delightful spin on that popular song, for children and cat loving adults alike: The Twelve Cats of Christmas, by Kandy Radzinski is just that.

In this adorable holiday book, the author features twelve cute as can be cats in various poses, playing, drinking milk, and just have a fun time. The story, a parody to the original song, is told in sing song rhyme:

On the fourth day of Christmas,
my true love gave to me
f
Marg Corjay
Nov 26, 2015 Marg Corjay rated it really liked it
Typical cat activities are set to the theme of the twelve days of Christmas. Lovely illustrations make it a fun book to linger over at the holidays.
Xanthi
Feb 03, 2014 Xanthi rated it liked it
The main draw of this book are the illustrations. Colorful, cute and detailed. The text is just a crazy cat enabler's version of the "12 days of Christmas".
Feb 27, 2016 Laura rated it really liked it
This is a cute version of the 12 days of Christmas with lots and lots of cats.
K.D. Bissonette
Dec 12, 2014 K.D. Bissonette rated it liked it
Cute :)
McKenzie
May 12, 2013 McKenzie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
This is one of my top 10 (maybe even 5) read aloud Christmas books. Of course, it follows the theme of the song "The Twelve Days of Christmas" but it replaces each original gift with a cat/cats who are doing all the silly and cute things that cats do. The pictures are fun, and so is the story! So fun to read/sing aloud to!
Jim
Dec 14, 2011 Jim rated it liked it
if i counted correctly, my true love gave me 359 cats. even the crazy cat lady down the street doesn't have 359 cats. where do you get 359 cats? wouldn't this mean you end up w/your own tv show or on springer?
the wrong book to read at two in the morning.
even michael jackson probably never had 359 cats.
Kimberly
Dec 19, 2011 Kimberly rated it really liked it
A fun twist on the Twelve Day of Christmas with beautiful pictures. Great for cat lovers and those who love Christmas.
Emmy Lou
Dec 12, 2013 Emmy Lou rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens, holiday, 2013
I'm not going to lie, I sang this all the way through. The illustrations are absolutely AMAZING, too!
Mckinley
May 07, 2015 Mckinley rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture, music, christmas, cat
While not one of my favorite Christmas carols, I enjoyed this version.
C.G.
A retelling of the 12 days of Christmas with wonderful cat illustrations.
Bree
Nov 20, 2012 Bree rated it liked it
Shelves: christmas, cats
Notes:
book for cat lovers
wished it included kittens too
Grace Hampton
Grace Hampton marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2016
Kathy
Kathy added it
Apr 02, 2016
Rekku
Rekku marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2016
Abigail Sullivan
Abigail Sullivan rated it liked it
Dec 31, 2015
Emily
Emily added it
Dec 30, 2015
Shane
Shane added it
Dec 18, 2015
Gabe
Gabe rated it it was amazing
Dec 02, 2015
Sarah marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2015
Dancingdiva
Dancingdiva rated it it was amazing
Nov 15, 2015
Annie
Annie rated it really liked it
Apr 05, 2016