Start by marking “Stan the Hot Dog Man” as Want to Read:
Stan the Hot Dog Man

Stan the Hot Dog Man

In 1957, Harper published its first I Can Read title, Little Bear, written by Else Holmelund Minarik and illustrated by Maurice Sendak. Large type, simple vocabulary, chapter-like divisions, and decorative pictures made Little Bear perfect for emerging readers
Published May 30th 1995 by HarperCollins Publishers (first published 1990)

To ask other readers questions about Stan the Hot Dog Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stan the Hot Dog Man

Bernadette Davis
Mar 01, 2013 Bernadette Davis rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids
I feel like such a cheat, putting this book on my 'read' bookshelf. But, I'd be lying if I told you that I didn't read this book many many many many times when I was young and that it was a big part of my early reading days. ( I still don't know why I liked it so much.) A man. A hotdog truck. The name Stan. All sounds pretty original to me. Original in a weird, wonderful way. And I love every bit of it.
Alyssa Williams
"Stan the Hot Dog Man" is a picture book written by Ethal Kessler. The story is about a man named Stan who sells hotdogs on the same corner every day. He retires from a bakery and pursues his job of selling hotdogs. Stan is an awesome role model for children. He truly cares and helps other people with a positive attitude, while showing responsibility in what he does. Stan was a special character who always cares about everyone else. This is a excellent book for the classroom and to teach virtues ...more
Rosa Cline
Dec 14, 2015 Rosa Cline rated it liked it
Shelves: kids, winter
This is a level 2 reader but I would say more of an 'advanced' step 2, than a beginner step 2.

Stan is retiring from his job and he wants to do something he loves, and that's selling hot dogs. He has a corner where he sells them and develops friends during that time. When it snows heavily he gets stuck but so does some of his friends. He takes care of them all by 'camping out' in the hot dog van until they get rescued.

This was an unusual story not one of dogs, or cats, or little children. But m
Scott Unfried
Jan 11, 2015 Scott Unfried rated it it was amazing
This is another one of my childhood favorites. There is something so crucial and formative about these books that draw the reader in.
Krystal
Oct 27, 2015 Krystal rated it it was ok
we had high hopes for this one. tommy was excited that it involved hot dogs but that was about it for him.
Theresa
May 07, 2009 Theresa rated it liked it
Geoffrey who is in kindergarten read this to me last night. It is his book for AR points. I thought he did a great job as it is a level 2 book. I had to help him with only some of the words. I liked that the story is about a retired man, Stan, and what he does after he retires from his job. Most of the fiction books geared for young readers seem to be about cute animals or children.
A.j. Tobia
Dec 31, 2013 A.j. Tobia rated it it was amazing
one of my favorite books I read growing up. an excellent story
Chak
Apr 06, 2009 Chak rated it liked it
Shelves: kid
Hot dog man helps children in a bus trapped in a snow storm and everything turns out great. Decent easy reader book.
Theresa
Sep 15, 2011 Theresa rated it liked it
Shelves: review
"about the reality of finding your dream, and the kindness of strangers
"
Jul 16, 2010 Sarah rated it really liked it
Cute story that was surprisingly complex for an easy reader at this level.
Chrissy
Feb 25, 2014 Chrissy rated it it was amazing
Good book to beginner readers. My kids like the story.
Mason
Jul 04, 2013 Mason rated it it was amazing
This was my favorite book in my second grade classroom.
Lee Anne
Mar 31, 2015 Lee Anne rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Lee Anne by: Elaine Jackson
Shelves: kids
A cute story with a good message.
Cws
May 18, 2009 Cws added it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jear
JEAR2-Kes
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2016
YMCA Bauder
YMCA Bauder marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2016
Genetta
Genetta rated it it was amazing
Sep 01, 2016
Brian Walker
Brian Walker rated it really liked it
Aug 28, 2016
Rachel
Rachel added it
Aug 21, 2016
Jasmine Allen
Jasmine Allen rated it it was amazing
Jul 26, 2016
Rachella H.
Rachella H. rated it it was amazing
Jul 07, 2016
Doctor Sax
Doctor Sax rated it really liked it
Jun 16, 2016
The Book Crusader
The Book Crusader rated it liked it
Jun 03, 2016
Rosie
Rosie rated it it was amazing
May 18, 2016
Whitney
Whitney marked it as to-read
May 18, 2016
Trey
Trey marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2016
ELLIE
ELLIE added it
Apr 05, 2016
Quentin
Quentin marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2016